Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
AC Hotels
Hotels.comUS$51
PricelineUS$51
TravelocityUS$51
Trip.comUS$48
All reviews bedroom suite bukit jambul famous nasi kandar swimming pool water pressure queensbay mall comfortable stay air conditioner front office staff executive lounge enjoyed my stay upon check close to the airport kayu penang pantry business
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 March 2019 via mobile

Staff very slow and room not ready on time, beg also very late vrom reception to room.

room curtain dirt, low minded or cleanliness
Wors ever vistana that i have stayed.
poor communication, dark parking

what a shame!

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank TanakaKL
SharonAngLayLeng, General Manager at AC Hotel by Marriott Penang, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2019

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. It is disappointing to know that we did not meet your expectations with the service provided to you. Rest assured that your feedback has been shared with the relevant managers involved for remedial improvement.

Thank you once again for sharing your feedback and thereby giving us the opportunity to enhance our service quality. We always strived to evolve the Vistana's brand to suit the needs and trends of travellers. I would like to take this opportunity to inform you that early of this month, we have appointed a task force comprising of promising candidates within the company, whom brainstormed and provides adequate training to improve the services to our guests. Therefore I hope you will give us a chance to withness the improvement. Kindly write to me at sang@ytlhotels.com.my for your next trip to Penang again.

Looking forward to hear from you and wishing you have a pleasant stay.

Reviewed 29 March 2019

I stayed at Vistana Penang again due to it's location and accessibility. Room and food was great. Many thanks again to the Staff and Management for making our stay comfortable and special thanks goes to Mr. Firdaus Ishak.

Room tip: Go for the one bedroom or two bedroom apartments. Spacious and comfortable.
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to review your experience. My team and I are happy to read that we have met your overall expectations.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Reviewed 24 March 2019

Stayed here twice now for business. Once at the suites end & the other in the hotel itself. Pretty big place with lots of rooms. Starting to age. Safe. Friendly staff. Okay pricing.

Decent rooms that are reasonably clean. Good water pressure for a nice bath. Average beds but decent sleep quality. Easy to get cab/grab if needed. Breakfast in the morning is not too bad. Lots of options. However you can opt out & eat in the few eateries down the road. There are also a couple of convenience stores nearby.

Generally its for those having business nearby.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
SharonAngLayLeng, General Manager at AC Hotel by Marriott Penang, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2019

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to review your experience. My team and I are happy to read that overall you have a decent stay in our hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Reviewed 7 March 2019

POSITIVES:
*Very comfortable bed with lush, fluffy pillows; Great block-out curtains/drapes.
*Doormen very pleasant and always greeting each guest as they passed thorough to come in or go out - even if its the 10th time you see them.
Housekeeping Crew were exceptionally efficient and wonderfully friendly. Perhaps they should teach Reception Crew some Customer Service skills.
*Swimming Pool was quiet
*200m to the right– Indian-muslim coffee-shop
*100m to the left – Mini-mart store that sells VERY cold takeaway beers
*250m down the street beside the Hotel, on the left as you exit - Shopping Complex (with Money Changer)
Negatives:
*Check-in process was painful. It took us 45 minutes to finally get our keycard. VERY POOR performance as the reservation was part of a Wedding Party Group reserved months ago. One of the members of our group was not even on their list, in spite of a Confirmation Form & Email, and had to be given an alternative room.
*Our bags were loaded onto a trolley to be taken up to the room. By the time our check-in process was complete, our baggage was off-loaded to the floor and we had to take them up ourselves as no Crew member was available to assist us.
*No literature about Hotel facilities available in the room; stationery provided was just a pencil and no paper.
*No Instructions on how key cards work in lifts. When we asked Reception Crew Member, we were given wrong instructions. A fellow-guest, who worked it out himself, showed us how - slip card in and pull out immediately, then select your floor level. We had to get our keycard recoded 3 times in the first 24hours.
*Safe was in-operable. After 2 calls to the operator & a half-hour wait, they got it going.
*Entryway to bathroom is a trip hazzard - be prepared to stub your toes a few times before you get the idea. Suggestion: Stick a line of black tape on the edges for better visibility.
*No Bathmats which makes the tiled bathroom floor very slippery especially when water runs out from under the shower cubicle and settles just inside of the entryway to the bathroom/toilet.
*Some Pool furniture were broken.
*Reception Crew are like robots. They only check you in and check you out. Going past each time, my smile was greeted with either just a look as if we owed them a living or they just carried on their conversations with co-workers. No effort.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Ms Anne,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at Vistana Penang Bukit Jambul. We are delighted to hear that you appreciate all the positive comments of our friendly and attentive service by our doorman and also the housekeeping. I have also noted your constructive comments and i have shared with my team for their improvement. Rest assured we take our guests comments very serious and it is our obligation to ensure our service quality and products exceed our guest expectation.

Once again, thank you for your comments and hope we still have a chance to serve you and your family again. Should there is anything I can be of service to you, I can be contacted at sang@ytlhotels.com.my.

Wishing you have a good evening !

Reviewed 5 March 2019

The hotel was clean. The breakfast was delectable with a variety of delicacies. However the location of this hotel was a bit further from the main attraction; so this made it a bit pricey. The swimming pool was average and not so big. It was crowded.

Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor, I am glad to hear that your experience with us was an enjoyable one. We look forward to see you soon for another memorable hotel experience. I noted your comment on the place of interest nearby the hotel, I am pleased to inform that we provide daily shutte to the one of the large shopping mall in Penang, Queensbay Mall, apart from that, less than 5 min drive, you can enjoy penang local delicasies at the food court named "Super Tanker", Garden at the Bukit Kawan, a famous Thai Restaurant at the hilltop with less than 20 min drive, using a jelutong express way to town less than 20 min too and many more.

Please approach reception for more info on the places for visit and of course I can be contacted too at sang@ytlhotels.com.my should there is anything I can asissts further.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your stay and hope my team & I have the opportunity to serve you again.