Hotel Equatorial Penang(Bayan Lepas)(Great Value!)
US$75
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Eastin Hotel Penang(Bayan Lepas)
US$71
US$69
Vistana Penang Bukit Jambul(Bayan Lepas)(Great Value!)
US$65
US$52
TH Hotel Penang(Bayan Lepas)
US$49
US$43
Trip.com
DR Hotel Penang(Bayan Lepas)
US$26
US$21
Priceline
Free cancellation until 29/07
US$215
US$174
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
Apple 1 Hotel(Bayan Lepas)
DST Batu Maung(Bayan Lepas)
D'Nice Hotel(Bayan Lepas)
All reviewsboutique hotelfront deskdecent amenitiesopen air car parkminimal toiletriesroom service offeredpasar malamwhite wallscafe locatedwooden furnishingswalking distanceelectric kettlenewly renovated hotelnice sizefloor facingnight marketfood stalls
Reviewed 29 June 2015

I had a one night stay here. Checking in was easy. Traffic around the area can be pretty congested after office hours, but finding the hotel was easy. Parking available at the back of the hotel. I was told the parking area was secured. By CCTV maybe. Not sure. I noticed a man wearing a security uniform sitting at the corner of the roadside in front of the hotel. Not sure if he is the security personnel as he was playing with his phone everytime I check him out (can see him from the room window). Suprisingly, he was still playing with his phone even after I came back from dinner. Never once I see him making rounds or "securing" the area. Anyway, room was average. Hallway quite stuffy but clean and neat interior. This is a boutique hotel (supposedly) so the designs are attractive and eye-catching. Clean bed and pillows. But oh boy...the mattress was hard! I spent about 15 minutes checking the bed and the mattress just to be sure! Was too tired to ask for a change of room, also afraid that other rooms might have the same hard mattress. Maybe because its still new (trying to make some sense out of it). Many local eateries nearby. Fast foods are also within walking distance. 5 mins from USM, 3 mins to tesco - driving distance. Reasonably priced. Will definitely stay here again if the mattress is slightly softer and easier to sleep.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled on business
uhotelpenang, General Manager at U Hotel Penang, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2015

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review on U Hotel Penang. We appreciate your comments and have certainly looked into the matter. You would be pleased to know we now have a better security guard that makes his rounds within the hotel and around the premise. We hope that you will come back to us again soon.

Sinju Ooi

Reviewed 29 June 2015

I stayed two nights and enjoyed my stay.
The staff are all very friendly indeed and hard working.
When I was looking for my room, two staff members helped me.
And every staff will greet you with a smile.
I hope they keep it up :)
The only negative is possibly location. Other than that the staff are fantastic, friendly, helpful and hard working.
There are buses that pass through such as 303.
As others have said, the street has Tesco, Mcdonalds etc
but to me the greatest thing was the staff.
The lady who checked me out was efficient and very friendly.
All the staff made one feel very welcome
thanks again :)

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled solo

Dear BenOzz2015,

Thank you for your encouraging review. We do strive to improve and work on our customer service and hope to make an impression to our guests.

Your comment is both encouraging and motivates us to do better. We look forward to your next visit.

Sinju Ooi

Reviewed 9 June 2015 via mobile

A very comfortable and a cosy hotel in bayan lepas. friendly staffs. The room is clean and tidy.. I had a comfortable 2 days n 1 night stay. Very nearby to eateries..plenty of restaurants and cafes nearby..just walking distance. Tesco is right beside the hotel. Ample car parks available.
Definitely worth a stay here.
Will visit again for sure.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jeyjey05
Reviewed 7 June 2015

Friendly staff. I have encounter some problem regarding the electrical circuit that causes my room to be out of electric. The staff immediately came to the room and fix the problem within minutes. It was a Saturday, you can visit the night market opposite the road where you can find good food. Next to Tesco Extra within walking distance. The room and the toilet is quite spacious. Only that the sound proof was kinda bed, but luckily I took the room away from the main road.

Room Tip: Away from the road
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
uhotelpenang, General Manager at U Hotel Penang, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2015

Dear 3vilfr3akybabi3,

Thank you for taking the time to review U Hotel Penang. We are so glad that you had a good stay with us and hope that you will come back again soon.

Sinju

Reviewed 29 May 2015 via mobile

Stayed for one night (deluxe queen room). The room is clean and tidy. Spacious enough for two. Mineral water, hair dryer, safety box were provided. Room key is needed to use the lift hence the security is good. Though the basement car park only provided for staffs, there is a spacious parking lot behind the hotel and guarded by security at night. Guests were also allowed to park in front of the hotel by the roadside. Overall It was quite excellent for a boutique hotel. The price paid off! :)

Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple