U Hotel Penang
Eastin Hotel Penang(Bayan Lepas)
US$70
Hotels.com
Vistana Penang Bukit Jambul(Bayan Lepas)(Great Value!)
US$52
TH Hotel Penang(Bayan Lepas)
US$39
Hotel Equatorial Penang(Bayan Lepas)(Great Value!)
US$76
US$73
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Lexis Suites Penang(Bayan Lepas)
US$111
Arena Residence(Bayan Lepas)(Great Value!)
US$75
US$72
  • Pool
Olive Tree Hotel(Bayan Lepas)(Great Value!)
US$57
US$55
OK Hotel(Bayan Lepas)(Great Value!)
US$20
US$17
Agoda.com
US$200
  • Breakfast included
DR Hotel Penang(Bayan Lepas)
Hotels.com
All reviewsboutique hotelfront deskdecent amenitiesopen air car parkminimal toiletriesroom service offeredpasar malamwhite wallscafe locatedwooden furnishingswalking distanceelectric kettleironing board and ironnewly renovated hotelnice sizecozy roomfloor facing
Reviewed 9 July 2015

Stayed in a twin room for 2 nights, 4th floor facing the back carpark.
Check in was easy, staff are friendly and helpful.

The hotel is very new, so the rooms look slick and nice. It is accurate to what you see on the website. Time will tell how it holds up to higher traffic. Nice modern interior design and very comfortable, with everything the average traveller will need. You get a bath towel per person, floor mats, an extra pillow and complimentary water. Beds are restful and linen all clean. Free wifi was fast and had good coverage in the room. This is usually how I measure value, and uhotel definitely provides bang for buck.

The only thing missing for now, to make this an excellent location to stay is the noise insulation for the rooms - I believe some other reviews may have mentioned this. At night, you can hear footsteps in the corridors coming through the front door. If someone closes their room door elsewhere on the same floor, it echoes throughout and you will hear it. Light sleepers may be disturbed, but if you sleep like a log then no problem.

Lastly, the dedicated car park space is good if you get to park in front. At night, the back carpark can be a little dark and it isn't access controlled apart from a fence round the far perimeter. There is roving security, though irregular in frequency as far as I could tell.

Will definitely be back to stay.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Nick K
uhotelpenang, General Manager at U Hotel Penang, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2015

Dear Nick K,

We are encouraged by your review and will certainly take your comments into concern.

We hope that U Hotel Penang has made a positive impact on you and we will have an opportunity to see you with us again soon.

Reviewed 2 July 2015

A very unique hotel with street art and painting. They have their own huge parking lot just behing the hotel with lights and guard, you feel safe to leave ur car (thumbs up). Clean room clean toilet except the towels...dirty stains on it. 1st night was terrible as the other guests was making alot of noise at the alley (shouting laughing and door slamming) until 1AM, guess noone can control this isnt it. 2nd & 3rd night was all good. I love their interior design (another thumbs up). Front desk was friendly as well I would defitnitly stay in this hotel again for my next visit. Keep it up!

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 June 2015

I had a one night stay here. Checking in was easy. Traffic around the area can be pretty congested after office hours, but finding the hotel was easy. Parking available at the back of the hotel. I was told the parking area was secured. By CCTV maybe. Not sure. I noticed a man wearing a security uniform sitting at the corner of the roadside in front of the hotel. Not sure if he is the security personnel as he was playing with his phone everytime I check him out (can see him from the room window). Suprisingly, he was still playing with his phone even after I came back from dinner. Never once I see him making rounds or "securing" the area. Anyway, room was average. Hallway quite stuffy but clean and neat interior. This is a boutique hotel (supposedly) so the designs are attractive and eye-catching. Clean bed and pillows. But oh boy...the mattress was hard! I spent about 15 minutes checking the bed and the mattress just to be sure! Was too tired to ask for a change of room, also afraid that other rooms might have the same hard mattress. Maybe because its still new (trying to make some sense out of it). Many local eateries nearby. Fast foods are also within walking distance. 5 mins from USM, 3 mins to tesco - driving distance. Reasonably priced. Will definitely stay here again if the mattress is slightly softer and easier to sleep.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review on U Hotel Penang. We appreciate your comments and have certainly looked into the matter. You would be pleased to know we now have a better security guard that makes his rounds within the hotel and around the premise. We hope that you will come back to us again soon.

Reviewed 29 June 2015

I stayed two nights and enjoyed my stay.
The staff are all very friendly indeed and hard working.
When I was looking for my room, two staff members helped me.
And every staff will greet you with a smile.
I hope they keep it up :)
The only negative is possibly location. Other than that the staff are fantastic, friendly, helpful and hard working.
There are buses that pass through such as 303.
As others have said, the street has Tesco, Mcdonalds etc
but to me the greatest thing was the staff.
The lady who checked me out was efficient and very friendly.
All the staff made one feel very welcome
thanks again :)

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled solo

Dear BenOzz2015,

Thank you for your encouraging review. We do strive to improve and work on our customer service and hope to make an impression to our guests.

Your comment is both encouraging and motivates us to do better. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 9 June 2015 via mobile

A very comfortable and a cosy hotel in bayan lepas. friendly staffs. The room is clean and tidy.. I had a comfortable 2 days n 1 night stay. Very nearby to eateries..plenty of restaurants and cafes nearby..just walking distance. Tesco is right beside the hotel. Ample car parks available.
Definitely worth a stay here.
Will visit again for sure.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple