This is one of three campsites in the Les Mediteranees group here. We went for Floride as it was close to both the beach and main town (the Beach campsite is a good 600km further away from all the shops, though the pool is lovely for kids as it is gradually sloping, & the Charlemagne site isn't beach side). All three are large, modern and well equipped sites.
- close to a decent area with numerous restaurants & shops
- nice that you can access all three sites' facilities
- great facilities (pools, restaurant, shops), and entertainment (effort made to speak several languages)
-Very well looked after with immaculate grounds & facilities.
-Staff very helpful.
- pitches nice and flat and ours was a decent size (they do vary though), plus each given privacy to degree by small hedge
- pools although lovely were very lacking in chairs. We frequently would have to wait some time to find even one chair, let alone 4. Many are sat empty for hours with a towel on grrrr.
- pools although allegedly heated were too cold for my kids and kids are not allowed in the indoor pools (at the other two sites) after 3pm.
- pools, playground and pitches didn't have any where near enough shade (pitches have trees that are not full grown yet -our tent was regularly 45C inside by lunchtime, playground had no shade at all, pools had a few pergola type structures at that was it).
- entertainment for kids doesn't start till 9pm. Far too late for little ones in my opinion.
- the site is noisy. The show doesn't finish till gone 22:30 so you have screaming kids thundering on scooters gone 22:45. Our pitch (210) was by the toilets and at the break of dawn they would be noisily cleaned out plus there were always people chatting .
- lots of smokers here, far more than elsewhere in France and the application of the law is poor, e.g. Smoking in loos and shower blocks common.
- toilets and showers not enough in number (regular queues) plus inadequate gender signage (men often in women's)
- the pitches are covered in these little thistle type things that stick into your feet.
- not a negative for us but there is a nudist beach next to the other camp site and within our pool area topless women commonplace
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lucky you, at the Nouvelle Floride, the sea and sun are right on your doorstep, so just dip your toes into the clear blue water and chill out. And to make the pleasure last longer, our pool is heated from spring through to autumn. ... more less