Bukit Gambang Resort City
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
  • Pool
  • Free Internet
Home 2 Hotel(Kemaman District)
View Hotel
All reviewswater theme parknight safarifire showflying foxwild animalsoutdoor activitiesliving hallwhite lionsuper single bedmy kids loveshort holidaylocal dishesatv ridefamily vacationbasic amenitieshot showerarabian suite
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 January 2012

We drove and drove out of no to this resort for company retreat. Rooms was a big disappointment after a 4 hours drive. Rooms smelled musky. I dare not open up the balcony doors as I think I might be attacked by big bad insects. I could be wrong but I had the impression of plenty of insects around. I never had good relationship with them. TV carried free national channels which was not watchable. To make the experience worst a broken hard wood chair facing the tv was uninspiring. It was pretty pathetic. Somehow I did not enjoy the bed. It was uncomfortable and did not have proper sleep. The baths are such a sore. No shower curtains, no toiletries, heater that does not heat up and no floor mat. Just bad.

The food was great though and one was spoilt with choices for breakfast, lunch and dinner. One can be easily derailed off their diet here. The gym small and neat. Loved it as I had it all for myself. Colleagues whom splashed in the pool raved about it. So I guess that's a thumbs up.

Meanwhile seminar rooms was suffocating as the air condition was not cooling enough. I did not try the theme park. So no comments on that.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank PunitaMy
Reviewed 17 December 2011

Booked 2 studio suite on Dec 1 and checked in on Dec 15. The day before check-in the hotel called to confirmed my booking and gave me a booking reference number. On the day reached the premise at 11am. Within 10minutes I was given a green light to check-in even the check-in time was 3pm. Pretty happy with that and the room was ready at Block N3. Parking was convenient just below the building well lighted during the night. The area was clean with plenty of waste bins around. The water park still under upgrading paddle boat was not ready until 2012, canopy water slide was closed. Coco beach was good, the wave was the best so far better than Tambun Lost World and Sunway Lagoon. The food cost was reasonable priced. This is a cashless park where you need to prepay at the entrance. They will scan on the band to deduct your credit on your purchases. In general the water park was not that big compare with Tambun Lost World, Ipoh. Kids will enjoy more as the park do have a large pool mainly for "Kids Only". Life guards was present around the pool.
At night there was a mini fun fair area and chinese acrobat show at the coffee house area.
For breakfast RM14 for children, local selection.
Overall the room was neat and tidy but after remove the comforter I noticed there were yellow stains on the bed sheets. Around the switches the holes need to patch up as the details were overlook by the management.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
7  Thank ck_choo
Reviewed 30 November 2011

It was a nitemare! I drove over 200km all the way from KL with my family only to find a commotion at the check in counter on Nov 27, due to disorganise numbering system and incompetent front office crews. There was also a couple stormed into the front desk office looking for the Manager but he/she had chicken out. People were shouting and yelling. I had never seen anything like it! I waited patiently for my turn and after almost 2 hours, I was told that my paid room was not ready and it was at 5pm! At this juncture, i completely lost my patience . Somehow, a crew brave enough to face me and made an instant arrangement for me to get into my room. I was given my room key + the vouchers. But the nitemare was far from over. I went to the given room and found that someone is still staying inside and only check out the next day. I went back to the front desk and asked for full refund and they were" kind" enough to tell me - okay we will refund within 14 days with no black and white and no apology at all. I demanded to see the Manager, and as i expected the Manager won't dare. In short, after hours of driving, waiting and given an occupied room I bet no one in my shoe would barge with this low and poor quality of service. To BGRC, it's indeed a BIG NO NO for my family to go back there again. I'll certainly recommend better place than BGRC to my families and friends and for you out there who is reading this review - there are plenty of water parks that you can party. You and me deserve a better service!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
35  Thank Zamry
Reviewed 29 November 2011

We've stayed BGRC for a weekend in Nov 2011. The place was ok. Except the waterpark is way to expensive. Thy charge your food rm10 for a nasi ayam

• Stayed: November 2011
8  Thank kuameer
Reviewed 27 November 2011

Bukut Gambang Resort City ia located about 38km from Kuantan the capital for the state of Pahang, in the east coast of malaysia. This is where families can have fun and relax at the same time. I went there for a meeting and I took all my children there and it was quite an experience where my children had a go to almost all the activities there especially the water park, rides and trekking. The food at the restaurant was also quite good considering the reasonable price charged by the resort. Anyway it was quite a pity because my meeting only lasted for two nights where my children did not have enough time to try out all offered by the resort.

Room Tip: The stdio room is large. choose one facing the swimming pool..
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business