“Fun but apartment unit not so clean”

Bukit Gambang Resort City
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Gambang
Reviewed 29 May 2012

We have a free voucher for 1 night stay at this resort. We bring our daughter there. The water park is fun and sufficient facilities for adults and kids. But the apartment cleanliness is an issue. Further as it was surrounded by jungle, one of the bathroom was full with some insects.

Room Tip: Choose a unit close to the reception area, or else enjoy walking to and fro for meals and other acti...
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank ngengkiang

Reviewed 2 April 2012

resort not so well maintain but acceptable. nice and quiet surrounding at night. kuantan 25m drive..parking provided. waterpark ok and value for money..access to highway gambang exit 10m. wifi free.. pool at resort area. waterpark rm22 juat 5m walk.

Room Tip: request room facing hill..
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
9  Thank junkopile
Reviewed 3 March 2012

the worst customer service in the world I had ever witness.
They need better customer service skill and need to have basic standard.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank hmz2020
Reviewed 28 February 2012

Strongly Do Not Recommend!!

I took up the family suite. The room they given me was totally horrible. The rooms, towel, hanger was smelly, dirty and dusty. Toilet seat, light bulb, fridge and chair in the living room were broken too. There were no toiletries provided! And they only gives you half roll of toilet napkins!

Their housekeeper were rather rude. When i just check-in the room, less than 5 minutes, there was a housekeeper opening up the room without knocking the door. Second after realising my family were in the room, immediately they close up the door without apologise and knock on the door. I went on to open the door and they ask me "YOU JUST CHECK IN?" after i answer them "YES?" and they left without a word.

After a swim session at the pool, i bought back the pool side towel as the wind were really strong, with the thought of return the towels after showering, however the reception ask me "WHY DID YOU NOT RETURN THE TOWEL?!? YOU MUST RETURN THE TOWEL TO US NOW!!". I was really angry and I went down immidately to return them the towel and ask to speak with the manager. However I was told that he was'nt around.

The next day when I expected someone to make up the room in the early noon, but there wasn't, I have to go to the extend on calling the housekeeper for a room make up. This time round, they did not answer me if they would be here asap or not and they hang up the phone without a word AGAIN. So it kept me waiting for more than 1 hour yet no one turn up. I got so angry that I call the duty manager just for a room make up.

The only thing that i enjoy the most in this trip would be the free WIFI that they provide in the rooms and lobby.

Room Tip: Do bring your own toiletries and take the rooms closer to the lobby for convenient and better WIFI c...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
9  Thank Casslyn
Reviewed 25 January 2012

Stayed in a two room apartment during Chinese New Year holiday. Didn't expect much after reading the reviews. But to my surprise the apartment unit was above my expectation.

My family and I arrived at 11am and we were allowed to checked in, although the official check in time is 3pm. The apartment was cleaned and done.

I stayed in the 4th floor in Block S1. Each room has its own bathroom with shower. Two single beds were put next to each other, which made up a king-size bed. Although I would have preferred a "real" king-size bed instead. The apartment was bright, clean and comfortable. The dining / kitchen area has tiles flooring, and the living area has parquet floor. There were sign of wear and tear, but nothing to complain about.

The apartment has a large balcony. Although the weather is too warm to encourage me sitting outside, but at least I could get my cloths dried after a day in the water park.

The room has strong WiFi signal with above average speed (actual tested speed: 400~500kbps). This surprises me since the apartment block is large and wide. I could see industrial grade access points in corridors, instead of cheap WiFi routers.

Now on the down side:

The TV is an old fashion21" CRT. There are no Astro channels. However Vision 4 is available. TV8 and NTV7 have no signal.

The bathroom amenities is limited to one piece of hand soap. Shower gel and shampoo (2-in-1) are contained in a dispenser mounted on the wall. In my opinion a USD100 room shall provide more that this.

There's no air-cond in the living room. Air-cond is only mounted in both bed room. There's a fan though, but in a weather like this, air-cond shouldn't have been left out.

The sound isolation is pretty poor. Through out the day I could hear people walking and talking in the corridor.

Tramp is available between the resort and water park. However it's chargeable even for resort guess. Although it's only RM2/person for return ride, this should have been something complimentary for a merely 500m distance, since guess have paid for the room.

The corridor outside my room was dark due to missing light bulbs. I found at least 3 light bulbs were removed. Either those were stolen or were not replaced. Corridor on other floors were well lit though.

Conclusion:
I would have rated this resort excellent if without the negatives stated above. Anyway I'm OK with this resort and I would stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank kelvinyam
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gambang
0.1 km away
32.8 km away
Kuantan Backpackers
Kuantan Backpackers
#4 of 36 in Kuantan

Been to Bukit Gambang Resort City? Share your experiences!