“No pork fillet left”

Add it.
Royal China
Ranked #18 of 22 Restaurants in Hillsborough
Reviewed 14 July 2017 via mobile

I called in Red china for a take away .My wife & i fancied a pork Fillet between us. I was told they had no pork fillet but had pork chops. I agreed to this.on arriving home i dished it out the lpork chops were like leather.
Very disappointed.
RB

Reviewed 1 April 2017

It's somewhere between a two and three. Where to start? The Hygiene Rating shown in the window is 3/5 (Generally Satisfactory); not brilliant - raises an eyebrow. When I checked the Food Standards Agency web site, it said that the Royal China was awaiting inspection and there was no previous rating.

The so-called "restaurant" was nothing of the sort. There were a couple of tables behind a screen but the person behind the counter said that the Royal China was take-away only (and cards are not accepted). That said, at 7pm it was a busy place serving the locals.

Now to the food. Based on the couple of dishes I ordered (Hot & Sour Soup, Mango Sauce Duck on Soft Noodles), I'd say the food was bog standard for a Chinese take-away. The portion size was more than ample; the Duck looked alright; I couldn't say if the sauce was Mango, but it did the job.

It is a pity that a class act town like Hillsborough doesn't have a matching Chinese restaurant.

1  Thank Suspishio
Reviewed 10 November 2016 via mobile

Had not been there for sometime, and finally decided to try them again. Wish I'd drove onto Lisburn. OK portion size was fine. Fried rice, brown, clumping awful. Way too much garlic in meal.

Sadly even the prawn crackers where under cooked.

2  Thank Mark K
Reviewed 18 July 2016

I used to go here all the time. So I decided to go to it at the weekend. I was disappointed to say the least.

I put my order in. They said there was no chips left, and had to put more on. Then they said it takes a bit longer to do a chicken maryland. So after all that I was waiting about 30 mins.

When I got home, the food was poor. The food was not very warm, and the rice was terrible. I won't be back.

1  Thank SavoFX
Reviewed 29 June 2016 via mobile

Long-established Local oriental food outlet, the majority of its business is take-away. Situated in the heart of an expanding village. Delivery service is available. Ample parking on street and nearby car park. Menu features Cantonese and Thai dishes. Telephone orders seem to be the most popular. Food is piping hot and is double-wrapped. The menu highlights 'healthy' options and grades 'hot' dishes with chilli pepper symbols. Seafood dishes and duck dishes are recommended. The menu also suits those who like traditional dishes such as Chinese curries/sweet & sour etc. Whilst fillet steak dishes are fairly expensive (£12) - it is high quality meat. The majority of the menu is priced at £6.50 or £7, good value, good quality - recommended!

2  Thank mikeanddiane2016