“Fantastic food and service 5*”
Review of The Denison Arms

The Denison Arms
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in East Ayton
Price range: US$5 - US$24
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Denison Arms, pub situated in East Ayton on the edge of the North Yorkshire Moors, is an ideal place to come and relax for great food & drink and a warm Yorkshire welcome. The Denison Arms is a traditional community village local offering great food, cask ale and a warm welcome. The pub has recently undergone a substantial refurbishment and has been transformed into a fabulous hostelry that will be the pride of the area. We're also dog-friendly!
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We visited today for Sunday lunch the food was the best I have ever tasted and they were very accommodating for my son who has a dairy intolerance the staff where very friendly and couldn’t help you enough will definetly be returning with family again soon my new favourite Sunday lunch place out

1  Thank Melissa H

Reviewed 26 February 2018

last time we visited the denison arms with my mam we walked straight back out. This time it was a different story very nice decor clean and tidy the staff are very nice a decent menu and specials board a vast improvement we went on a friday tea time and it soon got very busy families and couples. about a 20 minute wait for the food but well worth it i had a rump steak and my wife had the salmon everything was spot on and a good chef.

1  Thank rickfairweather2000
Reviewed 18 February 2018

Local pub, fantastic food, excellent customer service. I can't really say anything negative about this restaurant, we all ordered different dishes and the kids wanted specific food as kids do and it all arrived correct. Nice welcoming place to visit. We will be back.

2  Thank Linda C
Reviewed 4 February 2018

Booked dinner for last night, when we arrived received a warm welcome and was shown to our table in the restaurant, both the bar and restaurant was reasonably busy and we had booked for 6pm. My husband ordered The Denison Burger and I went for The Denison homemade pie which was on the specials board as steak pie served with chips and peas. After a little wait we received our dinners - oh my word my husbands burger came served as a tower of goodies ie burger, chicken burger, cheese’ bacon, onion rings etc, my steak pie was in its own dish and the pastry top was lovely, the meat was cooked to perfection and just melted in the mouth, a pure joy as I have ordered steak pies in the past at different eating establishments and the meat has been as tough as old boots. The service was good and we couldn’t fault the food at all so our compliments and thanks to the chef for an excellent meal. The atmosphere was really nice and overall a really nice evening, the only thing that was a negative was that I didn’t have enough room for a dessert but definitely next time. Excellent quality food at great prices.

1  Thank Jacqueline S
Reviewed 27 January 2018 via mobile

Decided to try the food on a week night as eaten on a Sunday when first opened and wasnt quite right then. Could not fault the meal this time at all, maybe shouldnt of had a starter as the Denison Burger was very filling. Both the starter and main meal were really really nice and we were glad we gave the food another try here. Service was Great, Real Ale ( Hand pulled not bottled) was very nice and went down well. Nice atmosphere in the pub and it was busy, which is nice to see. Definitely recommend it be tried if not already. Will eat there again

1  Thank Andy H