Civitel Olympic Hotel
US$88
  • Room Service
Urban Residence(Maroussi)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsgolden hallfree mini barbusiness triprestocked dailynice business hotelbusiness districtrooms are big and cleangood sizevisit athensbreakfast buffetthird floorstayed for nightsconvenient locationred elephantkifisiasairporttaxi
Reviewed 3 August 2017

Granted the hotel has great location especially if your are in Athens for business and it's in walking distance from downtown Chalandri but you probably need to catch a ride with a taxi for the Metro or the Railway system.
The lobby is well organized and you can toatally enjoy a quiet meeting. Breakfast at €20 per person is a ripoff, I can get a steak next door with the same money. The room had a great view on the Kifissias avenue but some towels had dirt marks, the paint from the ceiling was ffaaling due to humidity, some accessories from the hotel kits were missing (!) and there were no screens on the door to avoid mosquitos get in.
Overall a God experience but overpriced for the level of service we got.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with view
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
yannoulakis, General Manager at Civitel Olympic Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2017

Dear guest,
Thank you for staying at the Civitel Olympic while in Athens. Guest satisfaction is our primary concern and it is highly appreciated that you took the time to provide us with your feedback. With regard to your comments on our prices, we would like to mention that they are, indeed, in correspondence with the quality of the product and service offered by our hotel. Once again we thank you for sharing your comments and hope to have the chance to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.
Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 17 May 2017

The rooms have everything you need and they are very good. Free mini bar. The breakfast could be better but it is good. For someone who wants this location is excellent choise. Nice view from window. The only bad thing is the restaurant. The dishes are very good (little expensive) but the place is not nice at all. If i want this location i will choose it again.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
yannoulakis, General Manager at Civitel Olympic Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2017

Dear guest,
Thank you for having chosen the Civitel olympic for your recent visit to Athens and for taking the time to write a review. It is indeed a pleasure to read that you had an very nice experience at our hotel; our guests’ satisfaction is our primary concern and it is always a pleasure to learn that we have met their expectations. We thank you again for your kind comments and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 19 April 2017 via mobile

Seriously, just go downtown to a 3 stars hotel, you will be better cared for than in this overpriced hotel, even with 20 more minutes of travel, worth the taxi!

Far from everything, 6 euros for some rice to accompany the roomservice dish (remember, far from everything but the Golden Mall to avoid at all costs).

Breakfast so so.

People are really nice though, you got to give it to them: this is still Greece!

And a complimentary mini-bar, well, why not for that price, but no Château Pétrus nor a decent Scotch :-)

Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business

Dear guest,
Thank you for writing a review about your experience at our hotel, your feedback is greatly appreciated. We would like to clarify that the prices of our hotel are equivalent to the prices of other hotels of the same classification. We thank you again for your review and trust that on a future visit to our city, you will allow us the opportunity to restore your impression of our hotel.

Reviewed 19 March 2017 via mobile

The place is in the middle of nowhere. Sorry, not true, it is by the crowded 6 lane road and all windows face the road - virtually no room is facing more quiet back side. You will not find many restaurants or places where you can walk with the exception of large mall that is nearby.

Rooms offer average level of comfort - nothing particulary good or wrong can be said. The restaurant which is actually the only option to eat after 8pm is rather poor. Breakfasts are really bad. The only good thing there is really nice and helpful receptionist.

Overall, I will avoid this place in future as both location and the level of comfort is poor in comparison to other places I stayed in Athens.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
yannoulakis, General Manager at Civitel Olympic Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2017

Dear guest,
We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your feedback about your stay. I am very sorry to hear that several things throughout your stay did not meet your expectations. Please note that your concerns have been passed on to our housekeeping management. We do hope you give us another chance as we will definitely improve our services.

Reviewed 12 March 2017

It's possible to have a great experience at this hotel, but it's possible to have a very poor one (my colleague and I got lucky with different things).

Positives: the rooms are a good size, the beds are huge (and very comfy), the staff are very friendly, chieck-in was quick, it was easy to leave bags after check-out for collection later, the mini-bar is free together with tea and coffee making equipment, there's lots of helpful things for travellers in the room (such as a razor and a toothbrush on top of the usual other toiletries) and it's in a very convenient place for the business that I was in Athens for.

Neutral: the hotel is situated on a 6 lane road and while the windows are as well soundproofed as they can be (and I can sleep through anything) so I didn't find it to be a problem, i would imagine that for some people the noise would be terrible. Also, re breakfast - I like Greek yoghurt with fruit/nuts - and therefore had a great breakfast experience - but the colleague that I was travelling with wanted cooked breakfast with toast and it seemed that the 'hot' food seemed to be pretty cold, and he couldn't find a toaster so on day 2 he just had coffee in the hotel and bought breakfast elsewhere.

Negatives: 1) my room stank of cigarette smoke. I opened the windows and freshened up the room before going to sleep but to my surprise in the morning it smelt worse than ever and with a bit of investigation i tracked it down to air vents in the floor which meant that smoke was drifting up from the room beneath mine. Problem solved for the next day by laying towels over the airvents... 2) there were holes in the bedding 3) little piles of dust/dirt in the corners of the rooms 4) a complete lack of available plug sockets (I had to unplug a lamp in order to charge my phone). For balance i would note that my colleague didn't experience any of 1-3 and loved his room.

So - it's luck really. Personally I probably won't be staying here again, but I can see that if you get a good room (without a smoker downstairs) and you like a continental style breakfast, then it would be easy to enjoy your stay!

Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
yannoulakis, General Manager at Civitel Olympic Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2017

Dear Guest,
We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with such detailed feedback about your stay. I am very sorry to hear that several things throughout your stay did not meet your expectations. Please note that your concerns have been passed on to all relevant departments. We do hope you give us another chance as we will definitely improve our services.