All reviewsdown the roadduckyorkshire dalesset you up for the daygreat breakfastgreat ideamake you feel at homerelaxing place to staythe pubhigh qualitywarm welcomejohnpataccommodationmiddlehamarmslounge
Reviewed 16 July 2012

Abbots thorne is a very nice bed & breakfast. John & Pat maked my holiday so great. I was very warmed welcomed and the breakfast is fantastic! Carlton is centrale, so you're allways near to many places to go. The Yorkshire Dales are a wonderful place. Thanks for everything!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Nadja P
Reviewed 25 June 2012

John and Pat provide excellent traditional Dales accommodation and lovely breakfasts. My wife and I are extrmely fussy about where we stay and would recommend Abbots Thorn to anyonr wanting to visit the Dales. John and Pat make you feel at home and are happy to help in any way they can.

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Steve T
Reviewed 11 June 2012

My son and I were visiting a friend in the area and had never been in the Yorkshire Dales before. John and Pat made us feel very welcome it was like a home away from home. John was a wealth of information about the area and getting around. The room was very comfortable and clean we even got a flask of fresh milk for the tea and coffee tray, the breakfast was delicious with a good choice of different items. There's a local Pub close by that does good evening meals, it's an ideal location for exploring the Dales. I'm looking forward to staying there again soon.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank HelenT13
Reviewed 5 June 2012

Perfect place to stay if you want a very quiet & comfortable B&B with marvelous breakfast and hosts that were incredibly accommodating. John & Pat were very happy to meet any needs that we had and very flexible about everything - for example letting us store cheese in their fridge and take doggy bags when we couldn't finish the delicious and huge breakfasts!
Very clean and comfortable place to stay. I can thoroughly recommend this place as a perfect home while on holiday walking in the Dales.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 April 2012

What a lovely place to stay. Lot's of very sensible concepts like his'n'hers coathangers, jars of coffee in the bedroom so that you don't have to fiddle around with little sachets, fresh milk in a flask, clear instructions on how to get the shower to work etc. Little things, but all help to make one feel welcome & at home. Great breakfast too, with tasty fresh eggs & homemade savoury duck. Very good value & hard to think of any faults or suggested improvements - which is rare for me! John is a very welcoming host too.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple