US$97
US$75
Agoda.com
US$85
  • Breakfast included
The Blue Lion(East Witton)
US$127
  • Breakfast included
US$145
  • Restaurant
US$319
Premier Inn Catterick Garrison Hotel(Catterick)(Great Value!)
US$61
PremierInn.com
All reviewsdown the roadduckyorkshire dalesset you up for the daygreat breakfastgreat ideamake you feel at homerelaxing place to staythe pubhigh qualitywarm welcomejohnpataccommodationmiddlehamarmslounge
Reviewed 5 August 2012

The owner of this B&B was very friendly and helpful, but the room (we stayed in the Lilac room) was disappointing. The decoration of the room was rather tired and old fashioned, but not in a quaint Yorkshire B&B way. There were white dog hairs from the previous occupant still all over the carpet, and cobwebs complete with resident spider adorning our en-suite. We brought our dog with us as the website stated they were dog-friendly, but on being asked to leave my dog in the car (this was July) instead of in our room when we came down for breakfast or if we went out, I would not consider it to be 'friendly' but simply tolerant of dogs.
Overall this was a pleasant stay but the price of £70 per night was not money well spent, and I wouldn't pay that price to stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank KatP2
Reviewed 16 July 2012

Abbots thorne is a very nice bed & breakfast. John & Pat maked my holiday so great. I was very warmed welcomed and the breakfast is fantastic! Carlton is centrale, so you're allways near to many places to go. The Yorkshire Dales are a wonderful place. Thanks for everything!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Nadja P
Reviewed 25 June 2012

John and Pat provide excellent traditional Dales accommodation and lovely breakfasts. My wife and I are extrmely fussy about where we stay and would recommend Abbots Thorn to anyonr wanting to visit the Dales. John and Pat make you feel at home and are happy to help in any way they can.

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Steve T
Reviewed 11 June 2012

My son and I were visiting a friend in the area and had never been in the Yorkshire Dales before. John and Pat made us feel very welcome it was like a home away from home. John was a wealth of information about the area and getting around. The room was very comfortable and clean we even got a flask of fresh milk for the tea and coffee tray, the breakfast was delicious with a good choice of different items. There's a local Pub close by that does good evening meals, it's an ideal location for exploring the Dales. I'm looking forward to staying there again soon.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank HelenT13
Reviewed 5 June 2012

Perfect place to stay if you want a very quiet & comfortable B&B with marvelous breakfast and hosts that were incredibly accommodating. John & Pat were very happy to meet any needs that we had and very flexible about everything - for example letting us store cheese in their fridge and take doggy bags when we couldn't finish the delicious and huge breakfasts!
Very clean and comfortable place to stay. I can thoroughly recommend this place as a perfect home while on holiday walking in the Dales.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends