Casa Flamboyant
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
All reviewsginger roomrainbow rollinfinity poolamazing hostspuerto ricofrench toasthiking trailsthe main houseold san juanel yunquethought of everythingeach morningfruitthe riverdelicious breakfastincredible experienceyoga mat
Reviewed 28 August 2017

Walking through the small wooden gate into Casa Flamboyant is like entering another dimension. The home is beyond beautiful and full of character. Our hosts, Ricky, Florin, and Obi the yellow lab were wonderful and accommodating to a fault. The breakfasts were unique and absolutely delicious. They were also very filling, which was perfect fuel for a long hike through the rainforest. Ricky and Florin seem to know every inch of El Yunque National Park and told us about hidden trails and waterfalls to check out - spots we would have completely missed otherwise. Our room was comfortable and very clean. I sort of hesitate to say much more, because the best part of staying here was being surprised at all of the details...we can't recommend it enough! We'll be back asap.

Room Tip: There is no bad room.
1  Thank mondosumi
Reviewed 18 August 2017

I don't know where to start! Ricky and Florin are phenomenal hosts! Obi, their sweet Labrador, gave us lots of love and made us feel better when we were missing our pets. The place is spectacular and there isn't a pic or video that can do it justice. It would take many pages to write what we loved about Casa Flamboyant but I'll just highlight a few key points. The breakfast is fresh, creative, healthy, and delicious. Each day we had something different and each meal was executed perfectly by Florin. Ricky is a doll! From the way he greeted us at our car when we arrived in the dark to his explaining everything you need to know, you get the celebrity treatment. The little touches are important and I can't count how many there were. I am a vegetarian and my husband is vegan. Everyday, the breakfast was altered to suit our needs. They could have easily made it easier on themselves and we would have been fine but they instead replaced everything they were giving to the other guests with a meatless substitute. Florin and Ricky could easily be charging twice the amount for what they provide. I can't wait to go back and I will be dreaming of waking up in the Rainbow Room when I get home to beauty I can't put into words. A true paradise.

Room Tip: All 3 rooms are nice but Rainbow Room offers complete privacy.
Reviewed 16 August 2017

Casa Flamboyant exceeded all of our expectations. We stayed for five nights and could not have had a better experience. Ricky, Florin, and Obi are amazing hosts. They are friendly, helpful, and all around wonderful people. We stayed in the Ginger Terrance Room. It was clean, comfortable, and had an amazing view of a waterfall. Florin's breakfasts were to die for and made me question my own breakfast game. I don't think my husband will be happy with oatmeal anymore after getting the royal treatment at Casa Flamboyant. The infinity pool and patio area were perfect and the water in the infinity pool was so fresh and chemical free. There are plenty of hiking trails not far from the property in the rain forest that Ricky and Florin are very knowledgeable of. The private hikes on their property are also fantastic spots to take a quick dip in the river. Casa Flamboyant provided everything we would ever need. They had pool towels, a grill, shower toiletries, bug spray, and sunscreen. Basically, Casa Flamboyant is the perfect place to stay if you are going to Puerto Rico. I would highly recommend it to anyone and we can't wait for our next stay there. All the stars!

1  Thank saknecht
Reviewed 15 August 2017

After spending 3 days in Vieques, I did not think our vacation could get any better until we walked in to Casa Flamboyant. We were greeted by our hosts and shown around their beautiful home. Everything was wonderful including the recommended hikes, directions, breakfast, and all of the extra personal touches. We stayed in the Rainbow room and it was exquisite. The beautiful views from Casa Flamboyant were breathtaking.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Susan B
Reviewed 23 July 2017

A good bed and breakfast acts as a tour guide, where they help organize your vacation. An even better bed breakfast is where the owners become friends. The best – and Casa Flamboyant is one of these – feels like family by the end of the stay.

Casa Flamboyant is the best bed and breakfast my wife and I have ever stayed at. Bar none.

We found Casa Flamboyant on Trip Advisor. Booking our three night stay couldn’t have been easier. From our first interaction, my emails back and forth with Ricky were awesome. He answered every question quickly and clearly. He also gave loads of great suggestions about what to do in the area and in Puerto Rico in general. He even sent a reminder a week before our trip with incredibly detailed directions on how to get to the house. (P.S. Listen to the directions. Your GPS is wrong.)

The house is gorgeous. The pictures on their website, Trip Advisor, and Facebook cannot begin to give a sense of this location’s beauty. There are no bad views here; there are no ugly places beyond the frame. All perspectives are green, and vibrant, and lush, and misty.

Ricky and Florin make running a B&B look effortless. That is the mark of true skill and genius. They operate with incredible grace and ease; they are the consummate hosts. All requests and questions were handled easily. They were able to anticipate what we wanted long before we ever got there. And breakfasts… wow… so yummy… so tasty….. Eggs benedict, croque monsieur sandwiches, scrambled eggs with tomato – so awesome. Every meal was also served with a bounty of fresh fruit grown right on the property. These meals really were fantastic and the owners gladly accommodated special menu and dietary needs.

Our room (the Forever and Ever Room) was fantastic. It was spacious and comfy. It had a fridge and blueray player (my wife and I retreated to our room at night to watch a couple of movies). I was worried when we had been informed that there was no air conditioning. Not necessary. The mountain nights were cool and comfortable with an overhead fan for additional circulation. Best thing? Opening our door in the morning to see a waterfall. What a stunning view!

There are hiking trails that criss-cross the property that lead to private swimming holes. The National Forest is also very nearby. Casa Flamboyant’s pool is the perfect way to cool down after a tropical mountain stroll. We cooked dinner on a grill two of the nights with food that we bought with us. On the third night we went to a local place (Noellia’s) that must be tried. It was about a ten minute drive back down the mountain road.

Overall, our’s was a perfect stay. The owners at Casa Flamboyant deserve every accolade they get. When we eventually get back to Puerto Rice a stay at their place will be a must.

Room Tip: All rooms are great.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple