“Avoid, avoid, avoid”

Sun, 28/02
20:00
Price range: US$14 - US$35
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Shocking customer service, even during a pandemic. We ordered as local clients. Paid over £50 pounds for a meal for two. Phoned to check they had the order. Then the food never arrived. Tried to call over 30 times but no answer. The takeaway service is a scam and we will be seeking legal advice to recoup our money. Do not attempt to use this restaurant. Please don't waste your money.

Date of visit: February 2021
1  Thank Jem71London
Write a reviewReviews (384)

Reviewed 16 January 2021 via mobile

Five hungry people decided to stray away from the regular Chinese or Indian and tried Mevan Turkish take away. The order was for 3 meat dishes, 1 vegetarian and 1 seafood platter. The entire order came to just under £100.00 All meat and vegetarian meals were good, however, the only reason why I have given it 2 stars is because of the seafood platter. If I could, I would report them to trading standards. 2 over cooked calamari rings, 2 prawns, a bit of smoked salmon and sauce for £22.00 folks!! That is a disgrace. I would order from there again because the meat was good, but PEOPLE BEWARE!! Avoid the fish and especially the Seafood Platter!!! A personal message for the owners/chef; re-brand or rename what you termed platter! One persons disappointment tarnished what should have been an enjoyable experience after a hard week at work! You should offer to refund the £22.00

Date of visit: January 2021
2  Thank ZebulonQ
Reviewed 1 January 2021

I ordered on NYE (I can imagine how busy you guys must have been). I got a call from the delivery driver, who had accidentally gone to the wrong address. I was a little worried the food might be cold once it finally got to me. The food was still hot and as amazing as ever. The Beyti is always perfectly cooked with such a generous portion and the bread we ordered was superb.
Had a surprised knock at the door tonight by two of the team at Mevan who were very apologetic about the slight mishap with the delivery and offered myself a bottle of wine and a box of Turkish delights. I couldn't believe it, it has made my night, I am still smiling whilst typing this out. I hadn't even complained or made a fuss regarding my delivery. Amazing service, amazing team and amazing food.
Thanks guys we'll certainly be ordering from you guys again (we would have even without your generous offering) and can't wait to dine in again once we can.

Date of visit: December 2020
Reviewed 17 December 2020

Treatment of staff is absolutely appalling, very clear divide between men and women who work there. Through my whole meal it made me feel extremely uncomfortable.

Date of visit: December 2020
1  Thank Patpat1904
Reviewed 2 November 2020 via mobile

£9We took grandson for lunchas he had never been to a Turkish restaurant before. His pizza was superb, none left whilst chips were perfect.

My wife and I took advantage of the £9.90 special offer lunch menu and both meals were delicious.

Highly recommended.