“Our wedding at Impiana Kata Noi”

Impiana Private Villas Kata Noi
Ranked #13 of 56 Hotels in Kata Beach
Reviewed 24 April 2017

For our once in a lifetime event, we visited Phuket twice, went to 14 different wedding venues and met up with 2 wedding planners to see their working styles. At the end, we chose Impiana Kata Noi (without any wedding planner). I would say I couldn’t believe how beautiful it was on my wedding day. It was really a wonderful experience to host our wedding there!

*The reason why we chose Impiana Kata Noi

We were looking for a just about right size private venue with sea view, and a lawn for ceremony and reception, which can host around 60-70 guests. We also preferred a resort with proximity to downtown for the convenience of our guests.

Having been to so many different resorts in Phuket, all resorts got their own charms and flaws. The best thing we liked about Impiana is its exclusivity. It is conveniently located near the Kata downtown area, however, once you enter the villa, it feels like you are in a very private and relaxed world. Our guests can easily access the eating and shopping area, but once they return to the resort, they can enjoy some quiet and individual time. At the night before our wedding day, we organized a welcome cocktail session in a beach club nearby. Our guests can actually go there on foot.

Since there are only 11 villas in Impiana, we booked out the whole resorts so all the guests staying in the villas at that 2 nights are all our families, relatives and friends. This way, we don’t have to worry about transport arrangements, and the guests could enjoy themselves without the worry to disturb other guests.

Of course, we are greatly attracted by the sea view (the view from the infinity pool is just amazing!!) and the luxurious rooms, but to be honest, the main reason we chose Impiana was because of the villa manager + wedding coordinator – Joy. She is such a lovely lady who is charismatic, friendly, and humorous. The first time we met her during our site visit, we already felt like a friend of hers. We can feel how she would try her best to create a wonderful wedding for us, but not trying to maximize profits from us. That is the main reason we chose Impiana!

*About the wedding package

Impiana does offer wedding packages for guests, there are a lot of preset items like wedding arch, aisle marker, centerpiece etc., but you can also tell Joy what you want and she will try to see if she can arrange it for you (some at additional costs). The pricing of the wedding package is comparatively reasonable compared to other resorts, consider how a luxurious resort Impiana is.
I didn’t use the preset items in the wedding package, but told Joy what I wanted by sending her some pictures. On our wedding day, the ceremony set up is very similar to the pictures I sent her. It feels like a dream to have all your ideal wedding setup in your own wedding!!! And the sea view just perfectly matches the whole ceremony. We feel so blessed about the nice weather on our wedding day.

*Some sharing about holding our wedding in Impiana
My husband and I stayed in the Honeymoon Suite, but I had my makeup and hairdo in the Royal Villa (where my bridesmaids stayed). I think it is the best place to do so, then you can march in the venue without being seen before the ceremony! It is a good place for taking pictures too as it is very spacious with the best view in the resort.

The lawn in Impiana is actually not too big, it is good enough for ceremony, but I think it can at most host 8 round tables for dinner. We had 70 guests in total and we think it is just about right size. There was enough space for dance floor after putting 7 round tables on the lawn.

We organized a welcome sparkler before the dinner starts. The moment we marched in with our friends & families holding the sparkler to welcome us, I felt like I was in a dream! All the fairy lights, wonderful table settings, our beautiful wedding arch and bridal table - everything was really like a dream. I wished the night wouldn’t end so quickly! We had Thai buffet style dinner, which is actually a bit spicy for some guests, but Impiana does offer western style buffet / set menus as well. They also offer beverage packages charged per person, but we decided to pay per consumption as not all of our guests drink wine.

The wedding cake was also arranged by Joy and I was totally impressed by it!! To be honest, I didn’t have much expectations in the beginning as we didn’t outsource a professional cake shop for our wedding cake. But when the staff brought it out – WOW! It is just like the cake I saw from Pinterest! All my guests said the cake was delicious (the flavour was red velvet). Too bad that I didn’t get the chance to taste it as I was too busy running around!!

Of course, I’ll be honest and tell you there were hiccups here and there during our wedding, mostly technical issues (e.g. the staff played the wrong music when I march in!! (LOL) and the projector didn’t work, so it took some time to fix it). But no weddings can be perfect! Now we looked back, it was actually quite funny and we will remember those funny moments forever! I can see Joy already tried her best to make sure everything goes smooth!

When you are planning your wedding in Phuket, please do expect that they do take their time when replying your emails. If it is something urgent, you can always ring up the hotel.

And, it is really hot in Phuket!!! I believe everyone was sweating like crazy during our ceremony. It is better to prepare some hand fans for your guests. But during the night, the temperature dropped and it felt ok. They also arranged 2 big fans for the guests as well.

For the after party, we asked all our friends to get changed into swimsuits and we all jumped into the pool in the Royal Villa!! Surprisingly it can actually fits a lot of people!! All our guests told us they really had a good time - the view was amazing, the wedding set up was beautiful, the food was delicious, the after party was fun…that’s all that matters to us, guests being able to enjoy themselves!

I am really glad that we chose Impiana Kata Noi, my wedding in Phuket is a really fond memory. I would especially love to thank Joy to make all these happen – we miss you already Joy!! It is so great to have you as our wedding planner!! We would definitely love to come visit you again!!

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Heidi L
Doeke B, General Manager at Impiana Private Villas Kata Noi, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2017

Dear Heidi,

Thank you so much for your fantastic review and for choosing to get married here out of all the options you considered. Among your reasons for choosing to get married here, Joy is indeed an amazing wedding planner/villas manager and I'm happy to read combined with the location, the ability to have the place all to your yourselves and the sea frontage it was the right fit for you.

I'm happy that you're vision came to life on the wedding day and that your tailoring of the wedding really made it uniquely and memorably yours.

The Royal Villa is indeed a great place to get ready for your grand entrance & have the pool afterparty and 70 guests are indeed just right for the lawn.

We're delighted the setting, atmosphere and especially the cake met & exceeded your expectations. Thank you have a great sense of humor about the minor (technical) issues.

As I know that you and Joy have been in touch throughout and after your wedding, I just wanted to thank you from the entire team for your warm words, your wedding vision and your great detail in this review. Joy said it was a pleasure, misses you back and hopes to have the pleasure of welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 14 April 2017 via mobile

Me and my Husband had an unforgettable honeymoon time at Impiana villas..the villa is wonderful, the view and pool is spectacular..the employees are wonderfully welcoming..the food is so delicious... overall we had a wonderful time..As well a special Thanks to one of the most wonderful employees there Aliza, she was a great host. Thank you my dear friend

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Doeke B, General Manager at Impiana Private Villas Kata Noi, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2017

Dear Mais,

Thank you for choosing to start your married life with a stay at our villas. The team and I (especially Aliza) are very happy your honeymoon was memorable in many ways. We aim to please and hope to welcome you again on another trip to Phuket.

Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

Actually I do not remember exactly when I have been to this hotel. But my memory of this hotel was perfect. A hotel I will definitely want to stay again. However, my partner has insisted to try out other classy resort, so till now we haven't gotten the chance to go for 2nd time.

Anyway we stayed at the honeymoon suite which was so perfect I can't find any fault. Tastefully done up, clean, great sea view and great villa pool. You just feel good staying there. I wish I have a house like this. Breakfast was great just that variety was slightly limited. Overall, a hotel that I will definitely go to stay again and again.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank ALLANKN
Doeke B, General Manager at Impiana Private Villas Kata Noi, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2017

Dear Allan,

Thank you for your great review. Perfect sounds like music to our ears and we understand that there are so many nice places to explore that your partner wanted to experience what other resorts have to offer. Your nice words on the design are much appreciated and the property design was done by Mr. Pisit Aongskultong. Hopefully we'll be able to welcome you back again on a future trip to Phuket.

Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

Impiana private villa
Spent our honeymoon there. Great place!

Pros:
Great view!!! We stayed at deluxe garden suite which has great view!!
Private pool with big flamingo, good size for two people. I saw other room types which have bigger pools
Great breakfast buffet. Beyond our expectation. They cook with details
Great interior details. The suite looks modern
Great luxury bathing gifts
Giant bathroom with double sinks, jacuzzi, stand shower
Great staff. They always friendly to be there and help (ie. bring luggage)
It has nespresso machine! (My hubby loves it)
Great location. The villa is right beside Kata Noi beach (5-10mins walk). Lots of restaurants/shops close by. (I had my first Thai massage there)

Pros:
Privacy. While I was swimming in my private pool I saw someone from other units (we were having eye contact, weird) It had lots privacy as he room is facing to the sea, but where's my full privacy tho?:(
The entrance. It's downhill entrance. That means you have to lift your heavy luggage down to the main lobby (the staff will help you tho)
The hotel is location on the hill (I believe that's why I will get the view). So be prepared to walk up and down hill lots of times

Transportation: hotel taxi to Karon: 400 thb

Overall, really great boutique hotel/villa and a gem hidden on the hill. Surprisingly, not too many people noticed this one from TripAdvisor. I was almost booked another hotel but suddenly saw this one from the reviews. Great view with great service! Couldn't book other room types (even honeymoon suites) as all sold out. It was amazing honeymoon experiences. Will go again if we can!

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Stefanie,

Thank you for choosing to start your married life with a stay at our humble abode. The team and I enjoyed reading all of the nice things you mentioned, especially 'a gem hidden on the hill'. We'll continue to look for ways to protect the privacy without obstructing the views and appreciate your feedback. As we're only 11 villas and suites there are indeed times when we're sold out, but should you wish to try another villa/suite type on your next visit, then we'll be happy to assist.

Reviewed 5 April 2017

So nice to be away from overcrowded resorts, the room & view were amazing--almost unreal. We liked where this was located as well since we could walk down into Karon to shop/eat & its close to great beaches. Probably the best hotel overall of our 2 week stay in thailand...glad we saved it for last!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Doeke B, General Manager at Impiana Private Villas Kata Noi, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2017

Dear SummersinRangoon,

Thank you for saving us for last and I'm happy to read you felt it was a good end to your 2-week trip to Thailand. Hoping that you recharged and created some great memories during your trip and especially in the Kata-Kata Noi area, we look forward to welcoming you again when you're up for some peace & quiet.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kata Beach
23.8 km away
COMO Point Yamu
COMO Point Yamu
#1 of 2 in Pa Khlok

Been to Impiana Private Villas Kata Noi? Share your experiences!