Beyond Resort Kata(Kata Beach)(Great Value!)
US$86
US$79
  • Breakfast included
The Baray Villa(Kata Beach)(Great Value!)
US$275
US$215
US$64
US$57
The Boathouse Phuket(Kata Beach)(Great Value!)
US$203
US$135
Chanalai Flora Resort(Kata Beach)(Great Value!)
US$147
US$121
Chanalai Garden Resort(Kata Beach)(Great Value!)
US$73
US$51
Mom Tri's Villa Royale(Kata Beach)(Great Value!)
US$293
US$238
Priceline
Sawasdee Village(Kata Beach)(Great Value!)
US$289
US$210
  • Breakfast included
The Palmery Resort(Kata Beach)(Great Value!)
US$43
US$36
Priceline
Metadee Resort and Villas(Kata Beach)(Great Value!)
US$147
US$137
Cancelon
1,348 results
All reviewsinfinity poolharbour restaurantsea view villaour honeymoonthe complimentary afternoon teasister resortbuggy driverstwo bedroom villabuggy servicecomplete privacykata noigolf buggiesromantic getawayluxury resortprivate beachwatching the sunsetbeach resort
Reviewed 5 December 2017

I usually rate venues based on how much I paid. I have to say the 2-bedroom villa we rented here was beautiful (the master bedroom was in a different class than the second room), loved the attention to detail in the room, the infinity pool, and the balcony, all gorgeous. However for the price we paid, I thought the service could have been better. Our room was very high and it would take a while to get the carts to get a ride. Although the staff was very friendly, it felt sometimes that they were just doing their job, with the exception of the manager Sven and especially Sunny who were very warm and helpful. The spa was good but overpriced compared to spas in other hotels in the area, which were even better. And I wasn't crazy about the breakfast, even though the view was very nice from the restaurant. The beach was very nice, but certainly not as blue as it looks in the photos!

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
3  Thank Lama B
Katathani1, Manager at The Shore at Katathani, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2017

Dear Lama B,

Thank you for your review of your stay with us. I am pleased to know that you appreciated the attention to detail in our pool villas and that you found yours to be gorgeous. I am also happy to hear that Sunny and I were able to enhance your stay, but of course we want all of our guests to experience that feeling from all of our staff at all times, so I thank you for your feedback.

We hope we will have the pleasur4 of welcoming you aShore again and will look forward to doing so.

Kindly,

Reviewed 30 November 2017

Had the most amazing holiday with my husband in November 2017. I have stayed at some wonderful hotels in my life but The Shore is now one of my absolute favourites, and we will most definitely return. It is a gorgeous hotel with gobsmackingly luxurious accommodation and incredible views but I think the thing that makes the Shore stand out, is the quality of customer service. From the minute we arrived to when we checked out we were treated like royalty. Nothing, and I mean nothing, was too much trouble. From the general manager to the bell boys and housekeeping staff, everyone went out of their way to make our stay absolutely incredible. Everyone knew our names, greeted us warmly and smiled and genuinely seem to care that we were having an amazing time. From the daily gifts , the mosquito repellent left in our room, the complimentary baskets of fruit delivered every other day and the amazing and thoughtful displays left in our room by housekeeping staff, everything was done to make our stay luxurious, comfortable and incredible. And when I unfortunately became ill and had to go to the hospital the hotel sent a nurse to my villa, completed all the necessary paperwork, booked me transport, followed me up in the onsite health clinic at the sister hotel and sent me a fabulous basket of get well soon flowers! Truly amazing customer service and like I have never experienced anywhere else.

The accommodation is out of this world. The best view I have had anywhere. Our villa ( 8813) was so enormous , light and airy, super comfortable ( the best bed!) with absolutely everything we needed. If there was anything that we thought of that we would like ( and there wasn’t much) we rung reception and they did their utmost to source it for us. The infinity pool is glorious! Sitting in it with your fantastic view over Kata Noi Beach is an incredible experience that I will never forget.

The food in the Harbour restaurant is wonderful. Breakfast is especially fantastic. Great choice and quality and the service is incredible. Being able to enjoy breakfast in the villa is lovely and we used that service quite a few times. Cocktails, and the complimentary afternoon tea are fabulous too. Even room service is great! Being able to use the facilities at the sister hotel was great too. We ate in the Thai, seafood and Italian restaurants and enjoyed each one and being able to use the golf buggy to take us back to our villa after dinner was an added bonus!

If you are reading this thinking ‘it can’t be that good’... it is! It really is. A truly amazing,magical place. Book it now!!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Misti66
Katathani1, Manager at The Shore at Katathani, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2017

Dear Misti66,

How wonderful to know that The Shore is on your favorites list!

I am so pleased to know that you and your husband experienced customer service unlike anywhere else; we certainly pride ourselves in exceeding expectations in every way possible, and it is a treat to hear that we succeeded and helped you to have a magical holiday. I am also happy to know that you were able to enjoy the range of dining options and that you found each fabulous. Speaking of fabulous—you are fabulous for taking the time to share these kind compliments with us! Thank you.

We will all very much look forward to welcoming you aShore again, hopefully very soon.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 29 November 2017

We stayed here for 3 nights in November. The room, the pool and the view are stunning, just the same as the photos.

Staff in general are friendly, but not as great as those in some of the other 5 stars hotels we have stayed (compared to those in Phuket, Bangkok, Bali, Maldives, etc) - less smile, not too comfortable in speaking English, hang out at the stairs to the rooms and won't say hi to you when you pass by, etc.

Breakfast and lunch have limited choice - wanted to use the juice machine in the breakfast buffet bar, but saw a group of ants at the feeding tub of the machine. The staff had also missed our order.

The spa environment is not as good as other 5 stars resort neither, had mosquito and lizard in the changing room, no music at the beginning, temperature not right, no aroma.

Good things included the free afternoon tea, small details and surprise at room, clean environment, great housekeeping, etc.

Overall the experience is lovely, but there is room for improvement on its offerings given it is charging a relatively high price in Phuket.

An additional note is that there is a construction site next to the hotel with annoying noise.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank starrsiuyan

Dear Starrsiuyan,

Thank you for your time in writing a review of your recent stay. I am happy to know that you enjoyed your pool villa and views and found them stunning. I am also pleased that you were satisfied with our Housekeeping staff and enjoyed the little details we love to provide to make our guests’ stay special, including our Afternoon Tea.

I am sorry to know that some aspects did not exceed expectation, which is always our goal, and will discuss with my team ways to improve ourselves in the areas you kindly mention for our consideration.

We hope to welcome you back aShore again and will look very much forward to doing so.

Best regards,

Reviewed 25 November 2017

This place is beautiful, The view from the private pool looking over the ocean is gorgeous, the little details like having breakfast table set up in your room to enjoy your own private oasis is just perfect. There isn't a lot to do i this little area of Phuket however with view this picture perfect and a room this beautiful- you should just relax and enjoy the serenity. The staff are wonderful, the food is great and access to the sister hotel next doors grounds is wonderful also. Watching the amazing colours in the sunset from your pool is an absolute must.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank melissajanderson

Dear melissajanderson,
Thank you very much for your review of your stay with us at The Shore.
I am so pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay and found The Shore stunning. I concur! I am most pleased that you found the staff wonderful and were able to enjoy not only The Shore, but also access to our sister hotel.
The stunning sunset palette, and our lovely staff and I, will be waiting for your return.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 25 November 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for 10 days in November and had the most incredible stay! There’s so much to comment on but I’ll summarise it into a few categories:

Service- the service is what seriously makes this place stand out. Everyone we met went above and beyond for us and made us feel so special during our time at the Shore. Big thank you to Jai and Yaya, two of the buggy drivers- they remembered our names from day 1 and made sure we were so well taken care of by arranging restaurant bookings and taxis for us. Also the hotel gym does not open until 8 but due to jet lag I was getting there around 7 and the ladies on reception were always happy to open it early for me which was really accommodating.

Room- we had a sea view room (number 8832) which was just incredible. Not only is the view out of this world but the room itself is beautiful and has everything you could need. It is huge with a gigantic bed and we loved waking up to the view everyday. Some of the features in the room we really enjoyed were the speaker to play your own music and they also really helpfully provide you with flip flops, toothpaste, mosquito repellent and all kinds of other vanity items. The cleaners are also wonderful and everyday our room was spotless and we enjoyed various surprises laid out on our bed for us, which was a lovely touch. The only downside is the hike up to the room from the beach and rest of the katathani resort, however it is always so easy to get a buggy to drive you up and sometimes we enjoyed the walk after indulging too much with the delicious local food.

Food- the food at the hotel is wonderful, particularly the breakfast. For the first few days we took advantage of having breakfast delivered to our room every morning which was so peaceful and a great option. The rest of the time we walked down to the Harbour restaurant overlooking thesea and had the buffet breakfast. The choice was fantastic and the restaurant was always peaceful and quiet with a lovely relaxing atmosphere. We also had dinner at the Harbour one evening and the food was fantastic. A few times we ordered room service for lunch which was also great.

Location- the hotel is located at the end of Kata beach. The rest of the beach and strip seems to contain the other Katathani hotel. The beach is beautiful and the best part is undoubtedly the shore end. There are really convenient shops and local restaurants just a short walk from the shore, and in the evening the buggy drivers would drive us right out to the end of Kata beach if we were going further into the town. One of our favourite restaurants was Siam Smile which is really well located for katathani and serves cheap, delicious Thai food. The actual entrance to the shore part of the hotel doesn’t look like much so it is quite deceiving when you get to the reception and see how lovely it is!

Thank you so much to everyone at the shore for making our stay so perfect! We hope to be back one day!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Hollie S

Dear Hollie S,

What a pleasure it was to read your kind review. Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience. Jai and YaYa were so very pleased to know that they were able to help you thoroughly enjoy your stay , and both send their warm thanks for the kind personal mentions. It makes me glow to know that our lovely staff made such a positive impact on your holiday.

I am also glad to know you enjoyed your villa so much and were pleased with the amenities, view location, service and dining options at The Shore. It will be our pleasure to welcome you back, and we can’t wait to do so!

Kindly,