All reviews watermelon the hotel offers every hour sawasdee village kata beach thb
Reviewed 28 February 2014

I do really in love with the hotel. I am the one who loves medium to small hotel rather than luxurious one. And this Color Kata offers me something different. The room I stayed in was a very spacious one with road view. I had a set of computer with fast internet connection, clean ensuite bathroom and a set of sofa (which is made from plastic but comfy enough). The bed is really nice, I couldn't even move on from the bed. And also, there were so many spaces for your belongings -- really, too many I think. The interior was also nice, I stayed in third floor and the lobby was my second-fave place to chill. It's not that far from the Kata Beach (about 1km of walk), but you would never get bored along the way. So many bars, shopping arcades, restaurants, etc.

Room Tip: room in the third floor with road view is really nice, sunny and large.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 February 2014

This is a great little hotel situated away from the main busy area of Kata beach, but still close enough to take a short stroll there. We stayed one night the day day we arrived in Phuket. It was comfortable and the staff were friendly. The bed was a bit hard though. I'd stay there again as it was well priced and I liked the room.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank DomJon
Reviewed 7 January 2014

It's a cute hotel, clean, with nice helpful staff around. The only downsize is, the absence of windows in the rooms..I don't know if the entire hotel has no windows, but as for mine didn't have. So, because of this, a stale smell was present at all times...also the breakfast could be improved..very limited selection..and when I'm saying limited, I'm saying, just some eggs, cereals, fruits, coffee, tea and water..I mean..it's not a hostel, right?..For the money u pay, you expect a bit more..
Nice touch, with the computer in the room..comes in handy. Also, the bed is comfy...
Overall, not a bad place.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 September 2013

I booked the color kata because it was one of the cheaper hotels in Kata that had decent ratings on tripadvior. Overall, I thought it was a good value with the room being quite clean, quiet, and nice surroundings. Also, the breakfast was pretty decent with milk, cereal, fresh fruit, and eggs. Only complaint from the room was the tiny vertical window that faced a hallway. Also, the beach was further than it appears on the map since you have to go around the club med.

Beware of expensive taxis on Phuket. Cost me 1000 baht to get to the airport each way. When I landed at 2AM, since the taxi stand was closed at that hour, most drivers were asking for a totally crazy 3000 baht to kata! I manged to bargain that down to 1000.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 June 2013

We stayed there one night in February 2013. First, the hotel lobby is very beautiful. The room is very modern and clean.
We ate at the restaurant and the food was really good. The Kata beach, which is very beautiful, is only a 5 minutes walk away. Lots of good restaurants and boutiques near.
I totally would recommend it and go back again.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple