Let me first just start with this... WOW! This place was awesome! I actually never offer up reviews online (I guess that's kinda selfish of me) but I really feel the need to review Centara Grand in Karon Beach. My wife and I stayed here in begining of Decemeber 2011. We stayed in the The Club, room with jacuzzi tub, for a total of 7 days. Initially we had planned on only staying for 4 days but extended our trip after the first day because we loved the place so much. We had a corner room on top floor! This place is right on the beach. The beach is awesome, big, not crowded, decent size waves, crystal clear water! The resort is a little pricey, but it was our honeymoon so it wasn't as much much of an issue for us. Breakfast was free, and awesome every morning. Do yourself a favor and visit one of the restaruants down the beach to the right side if you're facing the ocean. Dinner was expensive here, and we only made that mistake once. The pools are awesome! My wife and I favorite was the lazy river. This place has everything, secluded, close to the action... we went out at night for strait up debauchery in Patong several times. Its a 5 min cab ride. The only thing I wish was that the bed was a little softer, it was a little firm for my taste but thats ok it got me out of bed earlier!! We never go back back to the same place twice, however, my wife and I have made one exception for Centara Grand in Karon Beach. We will definitely be going back in the near future. Of note... we also stayed at the Le Meridian in Ko Samui the week before. Also a very nice resort. Very boutique. That's where we truly relaxed. Phuket was where we came to have fun, dance every night, drink, and party. It was the best leg of our trip. Also don't forget to get a massage on the beach! It's cheap as hell and it will completely blow your mind!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Drawing its design theme from the Sino-Portuguese architecture that characterises Phuket Town, the five-star Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket is right on the sands at Karon Beach. The resort is backed by a green hill, and grouped around its own landscaped water park which features a meandering lazy river, waterslides, a kids’ pool with a waterslide, a cliff jumping platform, and an adults-only pool with its own pool bar. You will love the other exhilarating leisure activities on offer, including water sports (kayaking, windsurfing and sailing), snorkelling, tennis, and Muay Thai (Thai boxing). Diving can also be arranged, and there’s a fully-equipped fitness centre. Relaxation seekers will head to the award-winning Spa Cenvaree, a refuge for the senses which combines ancient healing practices that reflects Thailand’s wellbeing heritage with modern rejuvenation techniques to nurture and rebalance the body. The resort also has age-specific kids clubs, free Wi-Fi, and seven restaurants and bars, including COAST Beach Club & Bistro. Each of the spacious rooms, suites and pool villas (49 to 209 square metres of total living space) is designed in a Sino-Portuguese décor and features a balcony or terrace with soothing views of the pools, the gardens or the sea. A number of rooms come equipped with an outdoor Jacuzzi while the suites comprise a plunge pool. Phuket International Airport is less than one hour by road from the resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Fastbooking and Agoda so you can book your Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket Hotel Karon
- Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket Karon