Building 5 is a great spot with excellent views of the main pool and the ocean. Resort seems a little tired but in general is a great family spot to stay with kids. Safe and secure. Gastro was a big problem throughout the 8 nights we spent there. Our party of 8 were all sick at some stage and so too were a lot of other guests that we spoke to. Other than that, a great family experience. Make the trip into Patong for the Thai boxing if you can. Great atmosphere with seating right up on the action.
Centara run a 1 hour Thai boxing class for the kids and is worth the exercise if you kids want to be strong and fit. Some great tips from the crew and the kids will sleep well that night. A bit pricey but worth a go.
Lots of great little restaurants in Karon and cheap to ride a taxi or Tuk Tuk down there if you don't want to walk.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Drawing its design theme from the Sino-Portuguese architecture that characterises Phuket Town, the five-star Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket is right on the sands at Karon Beach. The resort is backed by a green hill, and grouped around its own landscaped water park which features a meandering lazy river, waterslides, a kids’ pool with a waterslide, a cliff jumping platform, and an adults-only pool with its own pool bar. You will love the other exhilarating leisure activities on offer, including water sports (kayaking, windsurfing and sailing), snorkelling, tennis, and Muay Thai (Thai boxing). Diving can also be arranged, and there’s a fully-equipped fitness centre. Relaxation seekers will head to the award-winning Spa Cenvaree, a refuge for the senses which combines ancient healing practices that reflects Thailand’s wellbeing heritage with modern rejuvenation techniques to nurture and rebalance the body. The resort also has age-specific kids clubs, free Wi-Fi, and seven restaurants and bars, including COAST Beach Club & Bistro. Each of the spacious rooms, suites and pool villas (49 to 209 square metres of total living space) is designed in a Sino-Portuguese décor and features a balcony or terrace with soothing views of the pools, the gardens or the sea. A number of rooms come equipped with an outdoor Jacuzzi while the suites comprise a plunge pool. Phuket International Airport is less than one hour by road from the resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Fastbooking, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Agoda and Booking.com so you can book your Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket Hotel Karon
- Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket Karon