We stayed for 5 nights at the Grand Centara during the end of July and had a fantastic trip! We traveled with our 5 year old and staying at this resort was definitely the best choice in terms of facilities, food, beach and activities with a junior.
We stayed in a Deluxe spa room with a jacuzzi on the balcony - we actually didn't use this jacuzzi much as my daughter wouldn't leave the pool!
The room was comfortable, well maintained and had a STUNNING view of the beach (we were in 947!) The room service was great, and amenities in the room were all there including robes, and flip flops, beach bag and all toiletries.
The resort is rather large and well spaced out, pool and restaurants are clustered in the middle - the pool is fantastic with a larger pool that has two whirlpool/jacuzzis on each side, a kids pool with a slide, a smaller kids pool with no slide and a beautiful free flow lazy river complete with waterfalls, caves and bigger water slides. The pool was definitely a hit with the little one - it was hands down her most favorite thing about the holiday!!! Another thing about being at the pool and even the beach, it felt extremely safe. There was an abundance of other families and security guards patrolling well into and overnight. Staff were so helpful and attentive to everything, it made the whole experience so much more relaxing.
The beach is clean, stunning and again very safe. I think this is a private beach to the resort everyone we saw we recognized from the hotel. The bar and restaurants all have seats outside that look onto the beach and fantastic cocktail menus. The food is delicious, great selection and cooked fabulously. Breakfast buffet is an abundance of world dishes and varieties to suit all tastes and needs and was definitely well worth it to ensure we had a good start every morning. All day food and dining was a luxury especially with a child that would fall hungry at the poolside at random hours - the food service was superb and quick - pizza boxes being her favourite poolside dish!
Another luxury at the resort for families - the kids club!! Free and operating until 9pm, the space is large and offers a variety of activities. Our daughter isn't usually too keen being left without one of her parents with her but the security she felt by the warm staff and interest in the fun activities meant she actually asked to be left there on numerous occasions and was not phased at all at neither of us staying with her. She enjoyed jewelry making, soap painting, fan making, nail painting, origami, coloring - so many activities including computer game consoles, ball pit, outside garden with games, books - it really is a little play heaven for kids!
And with the luxury of the kids in the kids club, it gives room for adults to enjoy my personal favourite at the resort - the AMAZING spa! Absolute luxury and total relaxation from the minute you walk in to when you leave. Fantastic treatments and superb staff, it really is well worth a visit if you stay at Grand Centara.
In terms of locations, we took about a 45 minute transfer to the airport, and although you can walk to Karon town, we took a 5 minute taxi/Tuk Tuk as it was too hot for us to walk! We also hired a driver from the hotel for one whole day who took us everywhere we wanted to go and we felt is was reasonable for the price and again service - he was like a personal tour guide.
There are so many little touches that I could talk about but in summary, this resort is great for a bit of luxury whilst in Thailand, brilliant for families/kids, superb food, attentive service, excellent spa and great beach.
The only thing that I could fault (however I don't know if I can even justify this as a fault) but it is on the pricey side of Thailand HOWEVER, you pay for what you get. A fabulous resort that is large and offers so many amenities that the cost is as you would expect. Food and drinks are not cheap but then they are of high standards, you will not fear catching a food bug or not enjoying a meal or having a relaxing drink in plush surroundings so we were happy to pay for this.
I am sure we will return to Grand Centara again the future and definitely will recommend to our friends who want to travel with their kids to Thailand.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Drawing its design theme from the Sino-Portuguese architecture that characterises Phuket Town, the five-star Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket is right on the sands at Karon Beach. The resort is backed by a green hill, and grouped around its own landscaped water park which features a meandering lazy river, waterslides, a kids’ pool with a waterslide, a cliff jumping platform, and an adults-only pool with its own pool bar. You will love the other exhilarating leisure activities on offer, including water sports (kayaking, windsurfing and sailing), snorkelling, tennis, and Muay Thai (Thai boxing). Diving can also be arranged, and there’s a fully-equipped fitness centre. Relaxation seekers will head to the award-winning Spa Cenvaree, a refuge for the senses which combines ancient healing practices that reflects Thailand’s wellbeing heritage with modern rejuvenation techniques to nurture and rebalance the body. The resort also has age-specific kids clubs, free Wi-Fi, and seven restaurants and bars, including COAST Beach Club & Bistro. Each of the spacious rooms, suites and pool villas (49 to 209 square metres of total living space) is designed in a Sino-Portuguese décor and features a balcony or terrace with soothing views of the pools, the gardens or the sea. A number of rooms come equipped with an outdoor Jacuzzi while the suites comprise a plunge pool. Phuket International Airport is less than one hour by road from the resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Fastbooking and Agoda so you can book your Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket Hotel Karon
- Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket Karon