We have just had 12 nights at this amazing resort. The pools were a great hit with both our 9 year old and 16 year old. The Lazy river and the waterslides were lots of fun for all of us. The pools were immaculate and just beautiful, even in the rain, Sadly it rained every day while we were there, however the pools were always open and safe to use.
The rooms were very clean and spacious, The views we had were amazing. We were told we would have an ocean view balcony and we sure did. A view we will not forget!! The staff were always around and nothing was too difficult. We had two adjoining rooms via the balcony. That worked well however on occasion the cleaning staff locked the doors making it a little difficult with supervision of our children, but as soon as we asked for our rooms to be unlocked it was dealt with quickly.
The buffet breakfast was just amazing with so many wonderful choices. The restaurants in the resort were great with both western food and Thai, The prices were a little high however the quality of the food was very good.
The resort has its own private beach which sadly we did not get to use as the water was very rough due to the wet weather and we were told by the locals it was very deep. We were told on a calm day the water is very pleasant with patrolled staff.
We walked into town several times, It was an easy 10 minute walk. There are lots of shops and restaurants to visit. Much quieter than Patong. You will however get slightly harassed to buy things or asked to make suits or dresses. Bartering with them does work and you can walk away with some bargains.
Overall we had a wonderful time visiting Karon and the resort was simply beautiful. We will definitely return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Drawing its design theme from the Sino-Portuguese architecture that characterises Phuket Town, the five-star Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket is right on the sands at Karon Beach. The resort is backed by a green hill, and grouped around its own landscaped water park which features a meandering lazy river, waterslides, a kids’ pool with a waterslide, a cliff jumping platform, and an adults-only pool with its own pool bar. You will love the other exhilarating leisure activities on offer, including water sports (kayaking, windsurfing and sailing), snorkelling, tennis, and Muay Thai (Thai boxing). Diving can also be arranged, and there’s a fully-equipped fitness centre. Relaxation seekers will head to the award-winning Spa Cenvaree, a refuge for the senses which combines ancient healing practices that reflects Thailand’s wellbeing heritage with modern rejuvenation techniques to nurture and rebalance the body. The resort also has age-specific kids clubs, free Wi-Fi, and seven restaurants and bars, including COAST Beach Club & Bistro. Each of the spacious rooms, suites and pool villas (49 to 209 square metres of total living space) is designed in a Sino-Portuguese décor and features a balcony or terrace with soothing views of the pools, the gardens or the sea. A number of rooms come equipped with an outdoor Jacuzzi while the suites comprise a plunge pool. Phuket International Airport is less than one hour by road from the resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Fastbooking, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda and Ctrip TA so you can book your Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket Hotel Karon
- Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket Karon