My sister organized a destination wedding in Phuket and booked everyone rooms at Centara. There was about 25 people in our group and I would say 30% got very sick at some point during their stay there with what we think is maybe food poisoning. I got an upset stomach, but I wasn’t as sick as many of the people in my group. Aside from that, the hotel was nice, the beach is nice, the breakfast buffet was nice(although we SUSPECT that’s what was getting everyone sick because it’s the only place that everyone that was sick ate at), and the other restaurants had good food too. My only other real issue with the hotel was that they charge for EVERYTHING, even WiFi. And it was expensive. I understand that all of Phuket is becoming expensive but it just seemed ridiculous to pay the same price for things in Phuket that I would at home in Los Angeles. The big tip for this resort is to buy drinks from the store to keep in your room and bring down to the pool and eat lunch at the restaurant on the beach that’s right next to the hotel. They have good food and it’s waaaay cheaper than the hotel restaurants.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Drawing its design theme from the Sino-Portuguese architecture that characterises Phuket Town, the five-star Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket is right on the sands at Karon Beach. The resort is backed by a green hill, and grouped around its own landscaped water park which features a meandering lazy river, waterslides, a kids’ pool with a waterslide, a cliff jumping platform, and an adults-only pool with its own pool bar. You will love the other exhilarating leisure activities on offer, including water sports (kayaking, windsurfing and sailing), snorkelling, tennis, and Muay Thai (Thai boxing). Diving can also be arranged, and there’s a fully-equipped fitness centre. Relaxation seekers will head to the award-winning Spa Cenvaree, a refuge for the senses which combines ancient healing practices that reflects Thailand’s wellbeing heritage with modern rejuvenation techniques to nurture and rebalance the body. The resort also has age-specific kids clubs, free Wi-Fi, and seven restaurants and bars, including COAST Beach Club & Bistro. Each of the spacious rooms, suites and pool villas (49 to 209 square metres of total living space) is designed in a Sino-Portuguese décor and features a balcony or terrace with soothing views of the pools, the gardens or the sea. A number of rooms come equipped with an outdoor Jacuzzi while the suites comprise a plunge pool. Phuket International Airport is less than one hour by road from the resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Fastbooking and Agoda so you can book your Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket Hotel Karon
- Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket Karon