“Overall a very nice stay”

Ranked #34 of 137 Hotels in Karon
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I stayed at the Hilton Phuket last week and overall I enjoyed my stay.

Here are some points I´d like to make:

* The property is fairly old and the room (we had the Hilton Suite with 85 sqm) looks a bit dated.

* Whilst the Suite was very spacious, we found the bathroom to be ridiculously small.

* The property is huuuuuge. You will get lost finding your building and room for sure. :-)

* The Panorama Lounge is quite nice and whilst we were there, the lounge was never crowded. The breakfast in the lounge was nice, the food during happy hour reasonable. My biggest gripe with the Panorama Lounge is the timing of the "Happy / Cocktail Hours". Starting at 5pm is waaaaaaaay to early when people might still be enjoying the afternoon out on a day trip, the pool or the beach. 6pm to 7.30pm would be much better for the hotel guests. But I guess, the Hilton Management thinks people would drink to much if they had the "free drinks" available at these hours. It´s a shame, though.

*A negative was that the Hilton was not able to provide me with a daily newspaper in the morning. I had asked for the Bangkok Post to be delivered to the Suite every morning (after all, it is prominently advertised as a feature of booking a Suite) but the paper on one day arrived at 6.30pm with the turn down service and on another day it was 3pm. On the last day, I didn´t get the paper because I had checked out by noon. Why the Hilton isn´t capable to deliver the newspaper in the morning is beyond me.

The property´s biggest assets, however, are its employees. You cannot find a more friendly, helpful and cheerful group of employees than those at the Hilton Phuket. I have been living in Thailand for 18 months now and I probably received more friendly smiles and the Thai Wai in my 4 days at the Hilton than in the previous 18 months. We liked it!

Would I book the Hilton again if I come to Phuket again. Probably!

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank A K
HiltonPhuketArcadia, General Manager at Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear A K,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your detailed and gracious review about the “Overall a very nice stay” experience you had while recently staying at the Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa.

While I was happy to note that you had a positive impression on the overall experience while stayed at our resort. Your constructive comments on our product offer are sincerely appreciated, in regards to the newspaper delivery, I would like to inform you that the service is available based on request only and the delivery process will be provided by supplier which actually will be arriving at the hotel in the afternoon however if the guests wish to update the news, we then happy to provide a soft copy print out.

On a separate note, I am pleased to further inform you of the fact that we are carrying out an on-going product improvement program within our hotel so that we are consistently enhancing our offer to better align with the changing expectations of our discerning travelers.

A K, we have been noted of your positive impression on the ‘Thai Hospitality’ with friendly smiles and the ‘Thai Wai’ of our team members. All the details of your compliments will be shared with our team as I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services, which “ … you liked it! and would book the Hilton again when you have a chance to come to Phuket”.

Feedback is always important as it is a vital way of reviewing the level of service and facilities we provide our guests so as to make improvements. Once again thank you for your truly valuable comments. And I look forward to welcoming you “back” to the Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa to experience not only our service but also discover charming Greenery and Landscape of our resort.

Until your next return visit,

Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa

Write a ReviewReviews (3,401)

Reviewed 12 December 2017

I am writing a review to help others with their decisions on Phuket.

We decided on Karon Beach based on the research we had found out between the different beaches on the West Side of Phuket. So my review of the beach is that it is family friendly, offers parasailing rentals, and a few massage stands, but no real cafes on the beach. It is a beautiful bay shape and one of the longest beaches on the western, southern end. We were deciding between Karon and Kata. Kata Beach seemed about the same, quiet, smaller, but a few cafes at the south end. If I were to return, I would stay in Surin Beach. We were a group of singles and Surin Beach seemed a bit more Western for my taste.

Hilton is right in the middle of the length of beach. It is a very, very large resort with many pools and activities. The main pool in their main picture is beach facing but you can only see the sunset, not the actual beach from the pool. You have to cross the street to get to the beach, not a busy road, but this resort is not right on the beach. I recommend this resort for anyone who really likes staying in resorts and may not feel a need to explore that much. It is not a boutique hotel. Food at the restaurants was just ok, definitely will get more authentic food by going into town. Rooms were spacious and updated. We were sleeping 3 in a room and it fit us perfectly, one of the other reasons we chose this hotel.

This is a clean, nice, large resort in Phuket and definitely very safe. Not sure I would personally stay again but will recommend for families or people who are happy staying at the resort. Hope my review helped!

Room Tip: Rooms were great, they offer double and king bed accommodations.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Christina M
HiltonPhuketArcadia, General Manager at Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Christina M,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your detailed and gracious review about the “Great Hilton Property” experience you had while recently staying at the Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa.

I really enjoyed reading through your detailed description of our property & the surrounding activities to be enjoyed, as that you found ‘… the hotel is clean, nice, large resort in Phuket and definitely very safe’, and along with other element of the resort that contributed to making your stay experience, which would prompt you to ‘… recommend’.

Christina M, thank you very much once again for your generous feedback. It was a great pleasure to have you stay with us and we look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to the Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa again.

Until the opportunity permits,

Reviewed 11 December 2017

Fantastic experience here at Hilton. The manicured grounds are filled with water features and the pools offer secluded areas perfect for honey Mooners.
Right on the beach of pristine white sands. Every imaginable water sport.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
HiltonPhuketArcadia, General Manager at Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear jaycX5957NR,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your detailed and gracious review about “A gem on the pearl of the Andaman” experience you had while recently staying at the Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa.

While we pride ourselves in striving to exceed the expectations of our guests, it is always an absolute treat to receive encouraging feedback such as yours, clearly expressing what it is that we are able to deliver. I am very delighted that you found and able to enjoy “Fantastic experience hear at Hilton Phuket” and had a pleasure in the “manicured grounds of the resort”, and along with the other element of the resort that contributed to making your stay experience. It has been a great pleasure to have you stay with us.

jaycX5957NR, we do believe your insight and comments will inspire other discerning travellers to visit our magnificent island, and we hope they will select the Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa for their stay experience.

Thank you very much once again for your generous feedback. I look forward to welcoming you “back” to the Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa to experience not only our service but also discover charming Greenery and Landscape of our resort.

Until the occasion prevails,

Reviewed 10 December 2017

Although the Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort is a long drive from the airport, the extra drive time is worth it. Their location on Karon Beach is much nicer than Patong Beach, which is completely overrun with people. We had lounge access, which made the visit much nicer. The breakfast in the lounge is very nice, with some additional options available that are not available in the regular restaurants. The pools are also quite nice for swimming. All of the staff on the property are very nice. The rooms are a little dated, but the room we had was spacious, which was nice since we were there for 7 nights. You can easily arrange for a driver to take you to the various sites on the island as well. We will definitely consider staying there again if we're back in the area.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chris H

Dear Chris H,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your detailed and gracious review about the “Great beach location and quiet atmosphere” experience you had while recently staying at the Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa.

While we pride ourselves in striving to exceed the expectations of our guests, it is always an absolute treat to receive positive feedback such as yours. We will certainly continue to do our best to ‘Make it right’ thereby ensuring that our guests are made feel really appreciated. Please be assured that I will take the liberty of forwarding your impressions & compliments to all of our Team members, and I am sure that your feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services, which would prompt you to ‘ … definitely consider staying again’.

I would like to reiterate that we are consistently undergoing changes in our product and facilities within our Resort, so that we may better align with the expectations and changing needs of our discerning guests and as a result, I do hope to be able to welcome you back to the Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa so that we may better serve you and fulfill your needs and expectations.

Chris H, thank you very much once again for your generous feedback. It was a great pleasure to have you stay with us and we look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to the Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa again in the near future.

Until the opportunity permits,

Reviewed 10 December 2017

I'm not normally a fan of Hilton's in 3rd world countries (prefer local places), but as a Diamond member I had a lot of points to spend.

The grounds are enormous, the breakfast is phenomenal, and it's right across the street from the beach. I'd recommend this hotel!

BTW - if you need a tour, exit the hotel on the beach side, make a right...and at the first tour stand you come to, ask for Latte. Follow his advice. The kid is awesome.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CO_Traveler90

Dear CO_Traveler90,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your detailed and gracious review about the “Excellent resort” experience you had while recently staying at the Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa.

I am very pleased to read that we met with your expectation especially as a Hilton Hhonors Diamond Member, and that you found ‘The hotel grounds are enormous, the breakfast is phenomenal’, and along with other element of the resort that contributed to making your stay experience, which you would feel confident to ‘… recommend this hotel’. It has been a great pleasure to have you stay with us.

CO_Traveler90, we do believe your insight and comments will inspire other discerning travellers to visit our magnificent island, and we hope they will select the Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa for their stay experience.

Thank you once again for your generous feedback. We most certain do look forward to welcoming you ‘Home’ upon your return visit to the Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa again in the near future.

Until your next return,

Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa

Also consider these accommodations in or near Karon
2.8 km away
2.2 km away
Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket
0.8 km away
Movenpick Resort & Spa Karon Beach Phuket

Been to Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!