I stayed at the Hilton Phuket last week and overall I enjoyed my stay.
Here are some points I´d like to make:
* The property is fairly old and the room (we had the Hilton Suite with 85 sqm) looks a bit dated.
* Whilst the Suite was very spacious, we found the bathroom to be ridiculously small.
* The property is huuuuuge. You will get lost finding your building and room for sure. :-)
* The Panorama Lounge is quite nice and whilst we were there, the lounge was never crowded. The breakfast in the lounge was nice, the food during happy hour reasonable. My biggest gripe with the Panorama Lounge is the timing of the "Happy / Cocktail Hours". Starting at 5pm is waaaaaaaay to early when people might still be enjoying the afternoon out on a day trip, the pool or the beach. 6pm to 7.30pm would be much better for the hotel guests. But I guess, the Hilton Management thinks people would drink to much if they had the "free drinks" available at these hours. It´s a shame, though.
*A negative was that the Hilton was not able to provide me with a daily newspaper in the morning. I had asked for the Bangkok Post to be delivered to the Suite every morning (after all, it is prominently advertised as a feature of booking a Suite) but the paper on one day arrived at 6.30pm with the turn down service and on another day it was 3pm. On the last day, I didn´t get the paper because I had checked out by noon. Why the Hilton isn´t capable to deliver the newspaper in the morning is beyond me.
The property´s biggest assets, however, are its employees. You cannot find a more friendly, helpful and cheerful group of employees than those at the Hilton Phuket. I have been living in Thailand for 18 months now and I probably received more friendly smiles and the Thai Wai in my 4 days at the Hilton than in the previous 18 months. We liked it!
Would I book the Hilton again if I come to Phuket again. Probably!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The resort is located on the island’s west coast and offers a range of fun and relaxation options for parents and children alike. The resort sprawls over 75-acres landscaped gardens, right on the golden sands of Karon Beach. The resort is conveniently located to four world-class golf courses, elephant riding, scuba diving, ancient golden temples and an abundance of shopping areas. It is the place that you’d rather be with your family for next holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Phuket Arcadia Hotel Karon
- Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort And Spa
- Phuket Hilton
- Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa Karon