“Relaxing holiday, amazing baby club, brilliant GO but a very old club in need of refurbishing”
Review of Club Med Phuket

Club Med Phuket
Ranked #25 of 137 Hotels in Karon
Reviewed 8 December 2017

We spent 2 weeks at Club Med Phuket after having looked (wherever in the world really) for a club that would cater both for us and our 1 year old.

I knew what I was getting myself into when we arrived there having read the reviews on TripAdvisor about the state of the club and it's dire need of refurbishing. Our 'deluxe' room was very basic to say the least. The room was spacious but the bathroom so tiny so tiny. The door to the toilets (located in the bathroom) was impossible to close. The whole place isn't sound proof meaning you basically share any noise coming from outside So that was quite disappointing indeed, the place needs a massive make over. But having said that the rest of our stay was great so I won't complain more about it, it's out of the way now and you've been warned.

The team
SUPER DUPPER MEGA FRIENDLY
There's no way I can thank them all but thumbs up to Flavien at the restaurant, Sigit, Lina, Honey, Tam (now in Club Med Bali), Houda and everyone else at the Mini Club, our son LOVED IT and so did we. Thanks also to trainees Im & Oat. To the sport team Yuri, Joshi, Cyprien (now in Singapore), Jack, etc. Thanks to Kevin, our Chef de village at the time, Simone the event organiser, and many more. Thanks to the restaurant staff, charming, patient, attentive. And thanks to the cleaning staff, always so friendly and smiley.

The pools.
There are 2. The Zen one, for the over 18 years old. The main one where pretty much everything takes place. There are various depth to please the little ones and the older ones. The main pool wasn't always very clean I must say in spite of the staff's best efforts to keep it that way. I would strongly advise the management to ad extra showers to people would ensure they're clean when they enter the pool (a lot of the guests wore full swim wears i.e. t-shirts, legging, caps in which they spent the day, so there's room for well, you know). There are 3 showers by the road as you head to/come back from the beach.

The beach
It's lovely, you just have to cross a tiny road and you're there.
Club Med provides beach umbrellas & beach mats. No sun beds though.

Activities
You won't get bored, there's always something going on. You should download the app so you don't miss out. Cooking classes, trapeze, golf, archery, thai boxing (so much fun but SO tiring), golf (7 holes & practise) and the usual suspects as in basketball, aquagym, water games, ping pong, stretching, yoga, zumba, etc.

There's a diving centre (not part of Club Med) as well, but at a cost, I went for the Monday excursion (Shark Point, etc.) and really enjoyed myself, great team there as well.

You won't get hungry either.
There is loads to choose from and the staff as said above it lovely.
I wish the Thai corner was bigger though. Flavien is an amazing maitre d', you're in good hands.

Shows & dress codes
Ditto you'll find everything in the app. Expect circus shows, dancing & singing.
We never tried the disco, not with a 1 year old, those days are on hold for now ;)
Dress codes wise expect White, Glow, Cappuccino, colours of you country flag, etc.

Mini Club
La creme de la creme. Thanks again for taking such great care of our little one.
He had a blast. Even participated in the kids shows.
The facilities are brand new and man, I wish we had them back when I was a child.
We always felt at ease when leaving him, and he always seemed to be having great fun when we picked him up.
You have to bring your own nappies, cream and wipes, else everything is included (at no extra cost from 2 years old, roughly £39 a day for 3 to 23 months old).

Nurse
There's a nurse on site. It's free of charge unless she needs to provide you with drugs or give you some sort of treatment.
Phuket International Hospital (where we went to once) is spotless and very well staffed.

Amenities
There's a gift shop in the club but you'll find everything you need at a cheaper price right opposite the club. There's pharmacies, grocery shops, souvenir shops, bars & restaurants.

Spa
There's a spa but we didn't try it.
You can have a massage outside 4 times cheaper but I'm pretty sure it won't be in a relaxing environment.

Laundry
You can buy tokens and do your laundry in the Club. 140 BHT each for the washing and drying plus 50 BHT for the washing powder. Right opposite the club it'll cost you 50BHT per kilo.

Gardens
The gardens are nicely kept and sprayed every 3 days against mosquitos (the fumes are quite impressive). And it was ok mosquito wise.

So all in all a great stay, you really made to feel that you belong here and we will go to Club Med again, somewhere else in the world. Bravo!

Room Tip: The club is HUGE, ask for a room in the building surrounding the reception
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
ClubMedAP, General Manager at Club Med Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2017

Dear Magali C,

Thank you for choosing Club Med Phuket for your recent holiday. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed our different facilities and food, and that our GO team took great care of you and your 1 year old.

We appreciate your kind and extensive review as it motivates us to continuously provide a high standard of service to our guests.

-The Club Med Team

Write a ReviewReviews (3,276)

Reviewed 8 December 2017 via mobile

Thought that my teens boys will be bored. They used to go to kids club n was expecting that they will nt wan to go teens club. But I was wrong. They luv it so much that they will b up n abt to go to d teens club every morn after breakfast n stayed throughout d whole day. Then will meet up for dinner.... Tks to GOs Obed, Jane and Yulia for making such a memorable holiday for my 2 boys.

Compared to other 2 club med that we have been before, there seems to be not many GOs ard. Nt sure cos it is the changing of seasons. Also the nightly shows.... was not as interesting and entertaining. Mayb cos nt enough practise? Baron was really the star and he always made us laugh.... We rem him fm club med Bintan.

Tks to Kevin, we managed to get 1 room extended for late checkout.... really appreciated.

Tks to Edward, Lala and rizal for d meal time company.

It's a pity that we din really get to enjoy the beach. There was no chairs and really not convenient for using the beach.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family

Dear Elaine,

Thank you for choosing Club Med Phuket for your recent holiday. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed our different facilities and food, and that our GO team took great care of you and your kids.

With regards to the beach chairs, the decision to remove the beach chair was made 3 years ago so we do apologise if we inconvenienced you.

However, we appreciate your kind review as it motivates us to continuously provide a high standard of service to our guests.

Reviewed 3 December 2017 via mobile

we visited club med phuket 24-28 nov. the kids had so much fun trying out archery, trapeze, golf, tennis, thai boxing amongst other sports.

the GOs in charge of kids club were amazingly hospitable and wasted no time in being the kids' BFFs. special commendation to Eva (Faith will write u a postcard!), Obed and Marina.

The parents (us) had an awesome recharge. Byson left a very deep impression with his reception and he remembered and called us everytime we bumped into him. His shows were fun and entertaining! Multi talented!

The facial at the spa was luxurious but worthed the money. we didnt try the massage as there were cheaper options just outside clubmed but they were hits xand misses- we were nursing back aches after returning from the trip.

Unfortunately, out of the 9 lunches and dinners we only had someone join us once- kudos to musicians Jasmine and her partner. we had a very good exchange and it was pity we didnt get to meet and chat with more GOs. An observation that Asian GOs tend to stick to Asian GMs and caucasians with caucasians.

some things to improve on
- room floor was abit sticky- maybe bathroom slippers will help?
- Baby chairs in the dining area lacks safety straps
- ‎sandflies near the hammock area at the trapeze garden.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
ClubMedAP, General Manager at Club Med Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2017

Dear tbl2345,

We appreciate your kind review as it motivates us to continuously provide a high standard of service to our guests. We appreciate your suggestions.

Reviewed 30 November 2017

We are still staying in Club Med Phuket and it is the worst experience in our long journey with Club Med since 2010. 17 hotels in this chaine. We are Gold Member. Always have been CM promoters. But it is no longer anymore. We expected some little special - usually it is small Gold Member Party - just glass of champagne and share experience and questions. No anymore! Huge disappointment. Food is awful - during our 5 days we have 5 lunch or dinner outside - I hope it is still a shame for Club Med. Our room was forgotten to be cleaned up!! I never met it in 2-star-hotel. I tried to leave feedback. American office doesn’t work this hours. It Russian office (originally I am Russian) I was answered “you bought it in US call there”. And on my question “How could I leave feedback?” She said almost “F*ck you, I said - call to US”. It is absolutely different Club Med - may be I just unlucky:) team here very friendly and smiley - no any claims! And we have booked new trip - in Kani. And I am really afraid it will be last one with them.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Andrey P
Reviewed 30 November 2017 via mobile

I was a little unsure about booking, given some of the reviews on here. However, having searched high and low for a hotel in Thailand/wider Asia region that could cater for both my 4 year old and 1 year old to give us some time off on holiday too... we booked. Very little other choice for under 3s!

Rooms are of a very good size. We booked interconnecting for privacy but you could get two adults and two small children in one room if you really wanted to. Everywhere is immaculate. The housekeeping team deserve a lot of recognition. The room was spotless every day. Never the slightest letdown. I would say the designs are basic, no option to listen to your own music or watch a DVD in the evening. We also didn't have a balcony, were not sea facing and were up a flying guy of stairs (with two small children and all that comes with that up and down stairs and the furthest block away 'F', initially felt like a right pain, but we soon got used to it and enjoyed the walk but learned quickly not to forget anything and pack on the buggy everything we may need for the day. Where club Mrs come into its own is kids club. Wow! If you want peace of mind where your children are concerned book this property. I really can't say enough positives. To see both the kids punch the air and run off the walkway to kids club every morning made having some 'selfish adult time' totally acceptable and even simply the right thing to do. They loved every minute of it. My daughter has allergies and is allergic to Eggs, Dairy and Nuts. Both the deputy manager Kevin and the Head Chef came and met with me, agreed special meals, bought in special sorbets, yoghurts and milk to cater for her. We had brought her epi-pen and Piriton as she does often have a little flair up. Not once was there so much as a saw bottom! Service and choice in F&B is lacking. I get that all inclusive is going to be a buffet but to have to also get your own tea and coffee is taking it a little far maybe? There is one other choice of restaurant near the adult only pool where the same limited menus is served every day for lunch (although does change at dinner). This is table service although I would say more if the food is Oreo related than cooked to order. Orange juice is. It freshly squeezed and coke is a cheap imitation. Generally I'd say they are cutting a few corners and the best thing is for sure the Kids club. I wouldn't book it again if I didn't have kids. We are out most lunch and dinner times. So the very good is mainly for the Kids Club and generally the staff are
Lovely and friendly and helpful. I think they need to take a look at the F&B side of things and offer more 'service' or any would be an Improvement around the pool, at breakfast, change the menu at lunch in the restaurant where you actually get service. Great location, very good size rooms. Excellent kids club and baby club. If you want an authentic Thailand experience, book here if you have kids and be prepared to eat out and enjoy living the 'life before kids' Thailand you remember from all those years ago. Visit Kite Zone and Sabai bar a small taxi ride away and the Ska Reggae bar at the end of the beach.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
ClubMedAP, General Manager at Club Med Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2017

Dear Joanna,

Thank you for choosing Club Med Phuket for your recent holiday.