Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Mark T
Edmonton, Canada

Average

3.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 1 Oct 2012
I'll start this off by saying i've travelled all around the world and i am usually somewhat skeptical when i read reviews, i understand where i am and my expectations are appropriate for the region I am in.
I write this sitting poolside with an empty beer. Service has been somewhat neglective; having to consistently go to find someone to bring me a drink isn't what I would consider 4 star resort material. We've been in Phuket now for two weeks; this being our second stop and being somewhat disappointing. It is the low season so I understand that staffing may be lower than normal. When we do get service the staff are very friendly; however ordering room service in the evening and having the plates still sitting on the deck at 11:00AM the next morning is perplexing to me. they are quick to identify and make repairs as needed ( our AC unit in the bedroom was blowing very old air the first night no matter what temp we set it to), the next morning when we returned they were already working on it without us saying anything. We did manage to get a last minute deal; however had I paid the asking price I would be very dissapointed. The bed was incredibly uncomfortable......and I've slept in many hotel beds!!!
Date of stay: September 2012
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2.0 of 5 bubblesValue
Go to your Happy Price
    RM 246
4.6 km from The Village Resort and Spa
View more hotels in Karon
All reviews garden villa swim up bar karon beach huge bathroom mattress topper sitting area min walk lovely pool pool access room phuket baht
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 September 2012

This is my favourite hotel in Phuket. It is luxurious, friendly and almost perfect. There are a series of bungalows, some with a private pool. There is also a central pool with a bar and an on sight restaurant.

The staff are friendly and extremely helpful. Nothing is too much trouble and they always go the exta mile to make you feel special. They even leave a friendly message written in flower petals on your bed when you arrive.

The bunglaows are all similar with an outside sitting area then into a living room, dressing room, luxury bathroom (with a huge sunken bath and walk in shower) and then up some steps into the bedroom.

I cannot recommend this place highly enough...I have been back several times and have never been disappointed.

Date of stay: October 2011
3  Thank David S
Reviewed 5 September 2012

My partner and I stayed here in Feb 2012, 2011 and 2010, this was our 3rd trip in a row staying at the same resort, we really did love the place, we stayed in the same villa all three times #532 close to the pool and entrance but secluded from other guests.

There isn't much to fault with this resort, however our major beef was service and lack of it sometimes, on our first and second stays it wasn't as noticeable however they recently renovated and with that came staff changes, they lost some of their great staff who spoke English well enough to understand you, it became frustrating when you would ask for something as simple as a glass with ice and they did not understand, this is the main reason we have decided to change our accommodation for our next visit. Having said that there is nothing else wrong, the location is perfect, not in the heart of karon and set back off the street a little so it is peacefully quiet. Not busy even when busy, we stay for three weeks and in that entire time the most people in the pool would be about 5, that's it, the guests seem to be over 35 so the drinking culture isn't seen, I would not hesitate to recommend this resort, in fact I did and a friend stayed while we where there and also loved it.

It is close to some great little thai run family restaurants like Ann's who also do dry cleaning, 5min walk to the beach and 10min walk in to the main streets of Karon.

Do yourself a favour and check it out its definitely worth a stay.

Date of stay: February 2012
1  Thank mvphotog
Reviewed 17 August 2012

My husband and I stayed 6 nights late July/early Aug 2012 and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. I researched thoroughly on TA so thought I should give back too. This was our first trip to Thailand.

We were in a garden bungalow which had a separate bedroom with own air-conditioner, the bed is a true king (unlike Europe) but being on a raised platform getting in and out is not the easiest thing to do.
There is a separate spacious bathroomm with bath (not used) and generous shower, including plenty of room to hand clothes/togs to dry etc, and a seperate walk-in robe space (incl safe). The living area had plenty of seating (if not the most confortable), a small fridge, tv and ac. Plenty of space to spread out and very quiet to relax. The pool is lovely and my husband loved the swim-up bar. The photos on the site and here do not do it justice. There is plenty of trees to give cover and help keep the temperature down (necessary!).

The staff were great and very attentive. We had breakfast every morning which was very good (eggs cooked to order, toast, bacon, local dishes, fresh fruit etc) and was very relaxing. The restuarant for dinner (only had a couple of nights) was ok but there are better options in the town areas. We were able to book activities through the front desk which was very good and we had pre-arranged an airport pickup which was handy as our flight was delayed and they were there even at 1am! I would recommend booking the shuttle back to airport too as we had trouble getting one (believe it or not) to take that far as it was a religious day. BHT1000 to the airport is the going rate. Tuk tuks to Patong, Kata etc are handy (200-400 baht) and the local bus (60 baht) is perfect over the hill to Phuket town centre.
The hotel is not so handy for the beach, Karon is probably a 5-7 minute flat (but hot) walk away but at this time of year the sea was fairly rough so we didn't swim there. Mostly went to visit shops or get a massage etc...

There aren't too many bungalows so it doesn't get too loud/noisy and is just very relaxing.
I visited the spa and it was good, though I think for the price I would just visit the massage shops down town several times!
Overall my expectations of The Village were exceeded and it is the perfect place for small family, couples and friends. It is very good value for money too.

Room tip: I can't see what value you are getting with a pool bungalow as they seem to be the same just with a shallow part of the pool outside your front door so stick with the garden and spend your money on extra nights.
2  Thank TeamByrne
Reviewed 28 July 2012

Serene ambiance , beautiful gardens , relaxed atmosphere great food friendly staff .
We loved our stay here . These are great villas It's a really intimate little place 5 mins walk to beach, bars etc Comfy bed . We weren't that keen on karon itself But this place is a little oasis . I highly recommend it

Room tip: Pool villas arent really worth the extra money as the pools outside them are so shallow
3  Thank DavLyle
Reviewed 28 July 2012

We were upgraded from the front village due to renovations. The resort definately was as we expected with very helpfull friendly staff, the spa had great massages and was a fantastic price for the experience. The only small downside as stated is that you have to pay for the wifi and if I was being really picky the breakfast didnt have a great deal of variety but in saying that they are catering for a small amount of people due to the size of the resort. The villas were fantastic well presented and comfortable and the resort is only a short ride to either Karon or Phuket. I would definately stay here again if looking for a quiet and relaxing vibe.

1  Thank JPKTMBA