2 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$73
View deal
PricelineUS$73
Expedia.comUS$73
Hotels.comUS$73
TravelocityUS$73
Vio.comUS$73
Agoda.comUS$73
All reviews swimming pool business hotel reception staff very pleasant stay lounge area aztec west leisure facilities one night stay evening meal cribbs causeway warm cookies bristol ana motorway gym
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

As a hilton member I can say this is a lovely hotel, myself and my family had a great stay. Hannah on reception was very welcoming big thanks. The breakfast was great, hotel spotless, room was very clean and comfortable, most important for me there was no noise issues in the room. Swimming pool warm and spacious.

Date of stay: January 2023
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Booking was made 6 months prior to our visit. arrived late evening 10.45pm to be informed us that the rooms booked, 2 queen doubles, were no longer available. We asked why we had not been contacted prior to inform us, to which we were not answered.

Their proposed solution was to give 3 queen rooms (1 bed in each), I explained I have 2 young children that need me in the night so I needed them in a room with me, hence our original booking.

After reception persistence that there were no alternative rooms, and the hotel was full. they did find a 1 x 2 bed queen double and 1 queen room.

Photos of the room offered
Mould on the walls!!
Brown stains on the floor by the bed, carpet generally very dirty.
Vent hanging off the ceiling and in danger of falling.
Wallpaper dirty and falling of the wall.
Bath panel and surround filthy.
Dirty mirror and surfaces.
Extractor fan, full of dust.
We did not check the beds!

The room smelt as we walked in of damp and mould with a stale smell of a room that had been used as a smoking room.

Upon our instance and reluctantly, the shift manager came to inspect the room and when I asked if he would let his family sleep in here, he merely ignored my question and stated there are no other rooms free in the whole hotel.

I requested he find a room in another hotel if there was not a single room in his hotel to offer, and after trying one unsuccessfully he stated ' it is Christmas you know'

Again, and again all the manager would say was there are no rooms in the hotel due to electrical issues however, after half an hour further he ''found'' a king room for my parents and a king room with a roll in bed for us, to which we agreed to have this room and the baby could sleep in with us. We entered the room at 12.15am!

My problem in this whole situation is the manager lack of interest in solving the problem. Having made the booking well in advance knowing it was Christmas, we were not contacted prior to arrival to give us the opportunity to seek alternative accommodation or to accept alternatives offered.

This situation was not of our making and instead of presenting us with suitable alternatives he persistently denied rooms were available, even though he saw I had 2 young children with me.

Room tip: Regular visitors for 8 years, we will no longer be staying here
Reviewed 24 December 2022 via mobile

Camelia and Annabel were fantastic hosts in the restaurant! They looked after us very well when our steaks were over cooked and entertained us throughout the rest of our meal. I would recommend
these girls looking after the king and his family.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 December 2022 via mobile

We stayed here instead of a cheaper hotel on this visit to Bristol as it's near Christmas and it was to be a bit of a treat.
Positive things: The staff were great, breakfast selection was OK and tasted OK, we had a cookie on arrival for being members of the group. I woke up in the morning with no back pain - I have a slipped disc and by the morning I'm usually in agony. The pool was good. The hotel was generally clean.
Negative things: Things are damaged from age and don't look recently damaged either, e.g. chunks missing from restaurant booth seating, edge of bath panel cracked, rattly extractor, headboard in room 237 peeling in a rather gross way. Room made up for 3, not 4 (too few pillows and mugs). It would be good if they allowed one side of the pool for messing about and one for swimming. It looks like that's the aim but we were never told this when told the rules. The sofabed was awfully uncomfortable. No decent coffee at breakfast, even Travelodge have better
All in all, It doesn't currently feel worth the price, particularly when you consider parking is an extra £6.

1  Thank emma_griffy
Reviewed 19 December 2022

I was first attracted to the idea of having a swim and relaxing by the pool in the evening. I arrived at the Hilton just after 6 pm. Went for a swim 30 minutes later. The Pool was split into with a lane marker down the middle. One have was full of screaming kids running and jumping in the pool and the other half was full of screaming kids running and jumping in the pool…..

At about 7 pm I wasn’t to the restaurant, I was immediately told several things were off the menu….the place was virtually empty. I ordered my 3 course meal with a glass of water. The bread roll was warmer than the soup. My main course was nice. I waited 10 minutes for my desert only to be told there was no Tiramisu left………I never did get my glass of water.

Let’s see what breakfast brings……. I think the £6.00 pasig fee should be part of the booking.

Room tip: Don’t expect to swim.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business