2 people are viewing this hotel
Reserve now, pay at stay
eDreamsUS$133
Agoda.comUS$133
FindHotelUS$133
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 June 2018

This hotel is truly lovely and very clean but lacks something...I've been here four times over the years and can't quite but my finger on it.
It's a castle and the potential is HUGE.
Sometimes, the magic is in the details and it seemed to lack magic.
The staff are ok. Some are friendly, some aren't.
The dinner dining in the basement could be so great if they only added some candles and flowers on the tables. It was so plain.
The room hasn't changed in all the years I've been.
I think they make SO much money in events that all their focus goes there and they don't spend too much time on the hotel portion of the business.
We were there on a Saturday and Sunday night and there was a wedding both nights. The Sunday evening wedding celebration on the pool deck went well on into the night and we couldn't get to sleep till after 11pm. Again, little consideration for the hotel guests who are there to sleep.

Room tip: Choose a room towards the front as the back rooms face the outdoor celebration areas.
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank pekNorthVancouver_BC
Reviewed 5 September 2017

Don't expect any help with your bags. The Reception staff were atrocious, all 3 of them behaved like a 1 or 2 star hotel. Flatly refused to organise any help with our bags from the car, so I had to carry them up to our rooms. My wife was sick as a results of eating the fish pasta (she's a nurse so she knows it was that) the reception staff, were dismissive, did not believe us, and did not even take the lunch price off the bill. So we paid for my wife to be ill, and she missed a last night out with our friends because of this. There were a few other things the reception failed to do, they didn't appear to understand it was a 4 star hotel.

A real shame the reception chose to let this place down, our friends live nearby and run a B&B, they are always looking for places to recommend when friends, family and guests. Unfortunately I can't recommend this place. As service is such a big part when you stay somewhere, the reception staff, made it an unpleasant stay.

The reality with this hotel is that they cater mainly for weddings, there were 2 happening whilst we were there, so they focus on this rather than other guests.

The hotel itself is very nice, rooms and grounds are lovely

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank lippystik
Reviewed 30 May 2017

As soon as you arrive, you are meet with a beautiful view of the castle in front of you.
It truly is an amazing place. Inside the hotel is immaculate and we were impressed with how clean the hotel was. The staff were friendly and the breakfast was nice. The view from the room was also stunning across the the beautiful Italian countryside. I real gem!

Room tip: All have fantastic views as the castle is up high
Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 April 2017

My room was on third floor. The room was comfortable with a terrace. Everything was clean. Breakfast was as usual in Italy. There is also swimming pool, but I did not use because was cold weather. Around the hotel, there is a nothing (also no one market), so if you like to walk in city, you must go with car to Lanciano or Pecara...

Room tip: Third floor has a room with terrace. only
Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 2 April 2017 via mobile

Amazing hotel. Was former castle. Typical Italian hotel inside. Rooms big and clean. Staff very friendly and helpful. Restaurant offered top quality food and all at reasonable prices. Free wifi and parking.

Date of stay: April 2017