My fiancé and I both based in Australia arranged our recent wedding at the Renaissance Resort in Phuket. It was the perfect middle ground with our family and friends based in Australia and Europe.
We viewed the property one year prior and dealt with Toei from the Sales Team who was extremely helpful and detailed during our contracting stage.
From this point on our Event Manager was Kate - extremely professional and very helpful with our endless requests!
Arriving to the property 6 days prior to the wedding we were extremely impressed, the property was even more beautiful than we remembered, it had become far more established since opening the year prior.
We really couldn't fault anything!
The friendly welcoming service was certainly evident on arrival and continued throughout, the staff are genuinely happy to assist with any request you may have (all of our guests agreed).
Upon arrival we were taken to our beautiful pool villa for private check-in. A pool villa is a must for the wedding couple and your families.
4 days prior to the event we met with Kate our Event Manager, and Jason Neull the Hotel's General Manager. They covered absolutely everything so we were able to spend the days leading up to our wedding relaxing with our guests.
The day before our wedding the hotel booked a glorious two hour couples treatment for my fiancé and I, an absolutely stunning spa with all the best treatments.
57 people attended our wedding, the ceremony was held in the afternoon on the grass area by the beach. The area was set with a white canopy, Thai and Singapore orchids lining the isle, very elegant. Our photos were taken on site around the Hotels architectural designed buildings and down on the very beautiful and private Mai Khao beach. The reception was held in Takieng restaurant (normally the Thai restaurant), this space worked extremely well with the bar and buffet set-up out doors.
Most of the above was included in the wedding package, we did find our own hair dresser Kate www.kateshairstudiophuket.com Kate and her team were great, I arranged a hair trial prior to arrival and manicure and pedicures at the hotel for me and my bridal party pre-wedding.
Around the resort - every food outlet was wonderful, most meals were taken in the Sand Box and Takieng! Outside of the resort most of our group discovered the local Thai restaurant just ten minutes walk to the left of the property (when looking at the ocean). The entire group not only made good use of the resorts 'Quan Spa' but also went for a daily local massage on the beach only 400thb!
We would highly recommend the Hotel, Management including the General Manager Jason Neull were alway present, The Hotel is extremely well run and is a credit to Jason and his team.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled amidst tropical gardens, the chic boutique-like Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa, a Marriott Luxury & Lifestyle Hotel offers privacy and is only 15 minutes leisurely drive from Phuket International Airport, it is adjacent to Sirinath Marine National Park.The resort offers 22 Pool Villas and 4 Ocean Front Pool Villas with private pool and large patio, 4 One Bedroom Suites and 150 Deluxe Rooms. Two outdoor swimming pools, Quan Spa with eight treatment rooms, 6 event venues, steam rooms, outdoor massage sala, fitness centre, bike rides, cooking school, diving lessons, Kid's world and children's pavilion with indoor recreation area and outdoor pool. Golf is available nearby. For your gastronomical journey the hotel offers an all day dining restaurant with fresh ingredient at Loca Vore, Takieng - Thai Restaurant, The Lounge, Doppio for gourmet deli with coffee and tea leaf bar and Sand Box at Mai Khao beachfront serving international cuisine during the day and BBQ at night. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, AAE Travel Pte Ltd, Marriott, Agoda and Ctrip TA so you can book your Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Phuket Hotel Mai Khao
- Renaissance Phuket Resort And Spa
- Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa Mai Khao