From the moment we arrived we found ouselves entering pure bliss and tranquility. The reception area is vast and sets the tone for the hotel. We had a deluxe twin room and it was enormous - we had two huge beds and the bathroom was divine - all glass with beautiful amenities. The room overlooked the lake and was 1st rate in terms of comfort.
The breakfast is probably the best 5* breakfast I have ever had. There were so many different stations where everything was prepared to order from eggs to dragonfruit, pancakes to omelettes, fried breakfast to noodles and more! The position of the breakfast lounge is great because you can sit outside on the decking or the pontoon overlooking the lake and waterfall.
The beach bar is great and ideally located by the pool - it is a lovely spot for early evening cocktails. The pool is fine - nothing special - it's essentially one rectangular pool. I thought that it was slightly on the small side but it was clean and the perfect temperature to swim in. There were more than enough sun loungers to go round which was good. There were also some lovely lounge beds out on the grass which were lovely. The staff would regularly bring chilled water round to everyone which was good. The best spot is the sea though which is a 20 second walk through a few trees from the pool. The water was amazing to swim in and the beach extended for miles. You felt like you were in the middle of nowehere and the water was warm and calm when we were there.
It should be noted that this hotel is on a strip with about 5 other new 5* hotels but they are sufficiently spaced out that you don't even notice each other from the beach. This area was developed after the boxing day tsunami as I sadly discovered in the taxi when I commented that the lake we drove by on the way to the hotel was lovely and he replied with 'I'm not sure the locals would agree - there was a village there before the tsnuami and now it is a lake of excess water that didn't drain out to sea'. If you venture outside the hotel you will notice tsunami warning signs.
The coffee bar is just great - they did lovely little snacks and it was relaxed and cool in there - a great spot for simple lunch during the heat of the day. This was very casual and child friendly. The lounge bar up by reception was very chilled out with beautiful seats. We enjoyed post-dinner drinks there - the view out across the hotel (because it is higher up) at night with the moon and the stars and the lit-up landscaped gardens is lovely. Equally nice for a pre-dinner drink. We very much enjoyed the thai restaurant above the beach bar. The Loca Vore (where breakfast is served) is fairly mediocre and seemed a bit more 'package holiday style food'.
One of the great gems that we didn't really discover until the third day was the fact that there is a free shuttle service between the hotels along the strip in a golf buggy. This was great and from this point on we enjoyed a dinner each night at the different hotels which was great fun and there really were some beautiful restaurants so do make use of this. It was quite nice to go out actually even thought it was only 2-3 minutes in the cart which will drop and collect you from and to the door of your room in fact!
Nothing was too much for the staff who were incredibly helpful. We had a craving for chocolate ice-cream one evening with a DVD and although room service didn't have any the guy went to all lengths to find some - he ended up opening up the coffee shop and finding some there ... and then he presented it beautifully for us. On that point, the hotel has an extensive library of DVDs which we enjoyed in the evenings.
All in all, it was a great relaxing holiday and we will be going back.
N.b. there is no nightlife here so if you are wanting that head to Patong Beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled amidst tropical gardens, the chic boutique-like Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa, a Marriott Luxury & Lifestyle Hotel, offers privacy and is only 15 minutes leisurely drive from Phuket International Airport. Our Phuket, Thailand resort's location is ideally adjacent to beautiful Sirinath Marine National Park, as well, providing the chance to completely enjoy the magic of our island. We offer 22 Pool Villas and 4 Ocean Front Pool Villas with private pool and large patio, 4 One Bedroom Suites and 150 Deluxe Rooms. Two outdoor swimming pools, Quan Spa with eight treatment rooms, 6 event venues, steam rooms, outdoor massage sala, fitness centre, bike rides, cooking school, diving lessons, Kid's world and children's pavilion with indoor recreation area and outdoor pool all delight travelers to Thailand. Golf is available nearby, and for your gastronomical journey, our hotel offers an all-day restaurant with fresh ingredients - our signature Loca Vore, Takieng - Thai Restaurant. We also provide The Lounge, Doppio for gourmet deli with coffee and tea leaf bar and Sand Box at Mai Khao beachfront serving international cuisine during the day and BBQ at night. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Phuket Resort And Spa
- Renaissance Phuket Hotel Mai Khao
- Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa Mai Khao