We stayed at the Anatara Layan resort for a week during the first week of August. We travelled with 2 kids one of which was a toddler. Since we were travelling with a toddler, we were very picky of the place to stay and after looking at several options we decided on Anatara Layan. We had a lot of expectations from the place and we were pleasantly surprised as it scored a perfect 10 for all our requirements.
The location of the resort is excellent if you wanna be far from the city life and buzzing night life. This is a place for those seeking peace and tranquility. They have a private beach and plenty of water sports like kayaking, wind surfing, sailing etc. Two outdoor pools and a breeze bar by the main pool side. We could also use their bicycles to tour the nearby roads and scenery.
We stayed at the deluxe Layan suites as we didn’t want to risk the pool villas with a toddler. The Layan suite was spacious clean and comfortable over the hill and a big balcony overlooking the sea. This severed as our favorite dinner location.
We were pampered by epitome of service and hospitability which stood out as the best seller of the resort. This is by far the best service I have experienced among all the places that I have travelled as a frequent business traveler.
We arrived early morning at 8am and had booked for airport pickup. The airport pickup was a bit expensive which is expected out of a 5 star resort. From the airport itself we were overwhelmed by the quality service. At check-in, we were seated comfortably on a sofa with a scented wet towel and welcome drink while they did all the check in formalities. We were also offered an early check in which was big relief after an overnight travel with kids. Even though our room was up the hill, a golf cart was always available at our service to take us to our room and back round the clock. They offer bottled water complimentary and our room was stocked with 8 bottles of water. We were even told we could ask for more if we finished these…which was great. There was complementary tea and coffee as well in the room.We were offered a cute little baby cot for the toddler and a child bed for the 5 year old. We also found a full baby gift set with baby oil, lotion, bath and powder….which was another appreciable gesture. The rooms were cleaned to perfection and the bath rooms were huge and sparkling. There was a big water dispenser by the pool and we were also served cold water at our beach beds which was very refreshing after a swim.
The food was great and we were spoiled for choice at the breakfast. The live cooking station, variety of fresh fruit, a small Indian corner, traditional Thai buffet to name just a few gave a perfect start for the day. The Italian and the Thai restaurant were also excellent for lunch and dinner.
They have a kids club to keep the kids busy while we needed some time to ourselves. My son loved the kids club and enjoyed playing with the toys and activities.
For those who fancy more dining options, they have a free shuttle to nearby market area which have several dining options and supermarket.
We had a midnight flight and since we had not booked a late check-out, we couldn’t get to keep our room. However we were offered a check out at 2pm but we were offered sufficient space at the library lounge to rest with water and coffee. We were also offered shower and steam facility at the spa while we waited for our flight. This made our long wait quite comfortable as they had books and board games for the kids which kept us busy.
I did read some reviews about food being expensive, but I didn’t find it more expensive than any other 5 star hotels that I have dined in. 5 star dining doesn’t come cheap and I don’t find anything unusual about the pricing of Anatara.
The staff were very friendly and we were even allowed to discuss and prepare our baby food with the chef in the kitchen which was amazing.
Alti and Kana at the reception were very helpful and guided us for the best boat tours to the nearby islands. The tours were booked by them and we were picked up and dropped off at the resort by the tour operator which was convenient for a bit for sightseeing.
Nana at the breakfast was my son’s favorite and he even missed her while she had her day off. Rachen and his team ensured that we always had the golf cart at our service.
Special thanks to Alti, Kana , Nana , Rachen and the manager Yuki for making us feel like a family. We had a magnificent holiday and would definitely choose Anatara if we were to visit Phuket again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover a truly unique tropical hideaway, set prominently on the white sands of Layan beach. This quiet bay with crystal clear waters remains a hidden gem away from the developing beaches of Phuket. A wide range of accommodation options suit your every need; step off your private deck onto the warm sands, or take in a stunning sea view from the hillside. Swim in pristine waters and observe the vibrant sea life below the surface, or explore nearby attractions and nature, learning about local island life. Situated on Layan beach, one of Phuket's most picturesque bays, the resort enjoys a prime location away from busy island life, yet is still conveniently connected to a host of attractions. Just 20 minutes from Phuket International Airport, on the islands west coast, excursions to the Andaman's famed sights are readily available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Anantara Layan Phuket Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bundarika Villas And Suites, Phuket
- Bundarika Villas & Suites, Phuket Hotel Layan Beach
- Anantara Layan Phuket Resort Thailand