Serene Sands Health Resort
Crystal Palace Hotel(Bang Lamung)(Great Value!)
US$40
US$30
Agoda.com
SP Boutique Hotel(Bang Lamung)(Great Value!)
US$25
US$23
Golden Beach(Bang Lamung)
US$42
Baron Beach Hotel(Bang Lamung)
US$35
US$24
Priceline
US$56
US$50
Priceline
  • Pool
Lake Villa Resort(Bang Lamung)
TripAdvisor
LK Crystal Place(Bang Lamung)
  • Room Service
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 4 July 2013 via mobile

I must first state that I was here on buisiness. I moved to the SS after having a bad experience elsewhere for a night. They welcomed me with open arms. Yes, the hours of the Resturant and bar close early, but if you simply ask nicely they will arrange to accommodate yours needs. Jim and Roslyn were great. The facilities are nice and clean, the garden and pool out back are amazing. I could not have asked for a more peaceful, relaxing place to hang my hat after working everyday. I would stay here again in a heartbeat, and would love to go back for vacation.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Roadyeti
Reviewed 8 May 2013

This tiny hotel has outstanding swimming pool (salt system that my daughter with allergy love), nice homey garden and private beach. The room we got (on the 2nd Fl) enabled us to see the garden+seaview on the same time, so nice. It is pretty clean everywhere. The breakfast is reasonable good. The room size is good. Drawbacks I found are small details like no ventilation system in the toilets, small old model TV and not quite professional staffs. Overall is however quite OK for the price & its location near BKK in Pattaya side.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank MyMildMint
Reviewed 28 March 2013

Apart from the fact that it's a 30 mins walk to get a sandwich or something as after 8PM kitchen closes, hotel is nice but so so far from shops restaurants and any other tourism. Nothing of intrest under 20 mins by car;
I am generaly quite patient and forgiving but when an arrogant manager isn't helpfull and gives my wife an attitude, I lose my temper...
Anyways there are thousands of other hotels.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank steev022
Reviewed 1 March 2013 via mobile

My husband had a training in Pattaya and I decided to join him with our two kids (3,5 years and 10 month old). We didn't want to stay in Pattaya so we looked for a quit hotel a little bit outside. Serene Sands was a good choice. We enjoyed the nice garden, the pool and the beach very much. Just the beach should have been cleaner. They cleaned it after we told them, but just removed the bigger pieces of trash. So we and another guest cleaned the rest ourself. The stuff was very friendly and helped me a lot with the two boys when my husband was not there.
The food was okay. My older son loved the chicken and chips!
Our room was nice, big, clean and had a nice balcony.

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed 11 February 2013

We wanted a nice relaxing away from Bangkok, and after considerable searching, chose Serene Sands. Other reviews were very positive about the resort. In particular, it seemed quiet and relaxing - we specifically didn't want to be in the noisy chaos of Pattaya, so we knew it was some distance outside the city; and we had our own transport. The review after this one sums up much of our experience too - but no connection between us. What we liked was:

1. The quiet, relaxing location
2. The pool and general environment
3. The friendly service
4. The bathrooms

However, we also came away somewhat disappointed as several aspects could have been improved. For the money being charged at around 2,500 baht per night, I would have expected more. Most notably:

5. We paid for a 'Superior Room' which according to all the descriptions is supposed to have a balcony. This is why we chose this quality. Our first floor room had a window onto an external corridor. This is not my understanding of a balcony. We asked, and were told that this was 'Superior' and that no other rooms were available. We expected a light-filled room with outdoor balcony, and were disappointed that this is not what we got
6. The hotel is directly on the beach, but we were disappointed that they didn't make use of it . We expected sunbeds to be moved onto the beach, and not just left around the pool. It's not too much to oand would have added a lot more to the experience.
7. Given the prices being charged, it seems petty to charge for so many éxtras', especially when these are not shown as extras in the advertising. I expect to pay extra for massage or taxi. But in a hotel of this quality and price, I expect the steam room, the outdoor snooker table and other little details to be included in the price.

Overall, given the hotel's own promotion, I thought I had found a comfortable relaxing place that I would want to return to regularly from Bangkok - but in the event, I came away feeling somewhat disappointed, and would prefer to keep searching elsewhere rather than return next time

Room Tip: Be very clear when booking and on arrival about what you are expecting in room style
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple