Beloved Playa Mujeres(Playa Mujeres)
US$550
Beloved Hotels
Finest Playa Mujeres(Playa Mujeres)
US$496
Agoda.com
US$442
US$299
Cancelon
Hotel Riu Dunamar(Playa Mujeres)
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$277
  • Breakfast included
Sea by C - Adults Only(Playa Mujeres)
Free cancellation until 28/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$20
  • Room Service
4,606 results
All reviewstime sharebite barone bedroom suitevilla groupall inclusive plancar ferryfast ferryzama restaurantall inclusive packagemurphy bedferry to isla mujeresper devicefull kitchenwasher dryertimeshare presentationsushihammock on the balcony
Reviewed 4 December 2017 via mobile

Stayed at Villa del Palmar with my family for 6 days over the long Thanksgiving holiday weekend. The place is stunningly beautiful and immaculately maintained. The rooms are actually suites with ample room, tastefully appointed, and include jacuzzis, full gourmet kitchens, balconies with hammocks, among many other amenities. The staff and service were A+. There are about 4 or 5 restaurants, and 4 bars on the premises; however, the food and the drinks they serve is nothing to talk about. The menus were limited, and the food not tasty. The cocktails and wine were worse. Downright nasty. So much so, that I stuck to drinking can beers throughout my whole stay. The beach was nice and tranquil, but not as clear as other Cancun area beaches. One evening there was a strong sewage smell on the beach. (Probably sewage discharges to the sea from the hotel itself, or the ferries which dock nearby). Which brings me to this--as unbelievable as it may sound: The water coming out of the faucets smelled like rotten eggs (perhaps that explains why the food wasn't that appealing). When you took a bath, you felt dirtier than before you took it. Not a trace of chlorine whatsoever. Very puzzling. The vibe at the hotel was very relaxing (some might say "boring"). Not crowded at all. In fact, on many days it seemed like we were the only ones using the pools. Fine with me, as I don't like crowds; but if you visit with the intention of partying the day and night away this is not the place for you. Though my toddler had a blast swimming and splashing at the many pools throughout the premises. The resort's location is far away from the hotel zone, but there's public transportation to and from the hotel. Just across the street you can catch a minibus (60 US cents, per fare). Tell the driver where you're heading, and he will gladly tell you what to do. We organized our own excursions using public transportation to Isla Mujeres and Playa del Carmen, and saved hundreds of dollars in the process. But the most disappointing part of our getaway to Villa del Palmar, by far, was its timeshare presentation. Instead of 90 minutes, it took 7 hours!!! The people were friendly at first, and described a great deal; but when it was time to sign the contract, it did not correlate to what they said. Given that I am very meticulous when signing any contract (I will read every line--even the fine print), I immediately noticed the discrepancies, and pointed them out to the people giving the presentation. That's when they became nasty. Finally, I had enough, and told them I wasn't interested. The guy (cannot recall his name) said fine, abruptly got up from his seat, and brought back a paper for me to sign. It was a "chargeback" document, which I had to sign in order for them to return $2,950 USD they had charged my credit card WITHOUT MY CONSENT. Needless to say, I was flabbergasted, and immediately contacted my credit card company to report the fraud. The credit card customer service lady confirmed that indeed there was a $2,950 pending charge from VDP on my account. When I confronted the people from the timeshare about it, they dismissed it as a "misunderstanding", and assured me the money would be returned to my credit card. Naturally, that awful experience left a sour note on our otherwise fantastic vacation in Mexico.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
6  Thank Elvin T
Juan G, Director General at Villa del Palmar Cancun Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2017

Dear Elvin T,

I appreciate the time you took to share your experience with us.

I am very sorry that your recent visit didn’t go as expected. Your feedback is highly important to us. Without hesitation we will take into consideration your comments to improve our service and prevent a recurrence of such an event.

We hope you will give us the opportunity to host you again so that we may serve you with the warmth and hospitality for which we are recognized.

Reviewed 4 December 2017

We had a great time and as always everything was perfect. The resort upgraded our room to the pent house. Thank you Villa Del Palmar for always making our vacation a wonderful experience. The rooms are beautiful, the food is excellent. I had the best steak at the steakhouse. The staff is wonderful!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Juan G, Director General at Villa del Palmar Cancun Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2017

Dear Leslie S,

Thank you for providing us the opportunity of hosting you at Villa del Palmar Cancun and for taking the time to share your experience with us.

I am pleased to read that you had an unforgettable experience and that our team has done a great job taking care of every detail during your stay. Your comments inspire us to keep making our guests’ satisfaction possible.

It will be an honor for Villa del Palmar Cancun to have you back and offer you our sincere hospitality on your next visit.

Reviewed 30 November 2017

Flew in from Atlanta which was a pleasant 2.5 hour short flight. Nice new Cancun Airport extension for Southwest Airline. About a 40 minute ride to resort, buckle up as drivers are aggressive.
Upon arrival we were greeted with frozen mango drinks, which really hit the spot, and a warm scented face towel. Very inviting and nice Check in went smooth, but for some reason a RESORT wants to charge $10/day extra for WIFI. I think this cheapened the initial warm greeting and feeling. We then got our room. Our first room had a chemical smell, so we got moved to a new room, 2209B. This room was very nice with a pretty view, but no ocean. One thing to know in a non suite room, you do not have a work table or desk do place a laptop? I guess business people do not use this resort? The pools are wonderful, the beach is clean & open, the food is excellent. They do lack when it comes to kid functions, they have a kid room, but they don't really do kid events like sand castle build, sea shell building, painting, night flashlight tag etc. Several resorts we have stayed in offer much more for the kids, so the adults can do other things, but this resort you are pretty much your kids entertainment. The room service was very good and the mini bar was restocked daily. The gym is very nice with good quality equipment, showers and lockers. Check out went smoothly with no suprises

Room Tip: 2201 or 2206
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Dave B
Juan G, Director General at Villa del Palmar Cancun Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2017

Dear Dave B,

Reviewed 30 November 2017

My wife and I had a marvelous getaway vacation at the Villa del Palmar Resort that exceeded our expectations. We had a luxury apartment, one bedroom suite, complete with a full kitchen, dining room, living room, washer & dryer, two bathrooms with showers, hot tub, separate bedroom, vanity, giant porch, and hammock. The room was spotlessly clean and odor free.

The resort is a gorgeous paradise with tall palms and multiple swimming pools and hot tubs. There are bars and restaurants spaced throughout the facility.

The experience with all of the staff at the resort, from the concierge personal attention to the housekeeping, bartenders, wait staff, and bellhops, etc. is a shining example of how to make a guest feel like a king or a queen.

We felt so comfortable there that the only time we left the property was to go out to the most incredible coral reef in crystal clear blue water filled with a dazzling array of tropical fish on a SCUBA diving adventure. One of the coolest things that I've done.

We saw great live musical entertainment at the resort. We arrived on a Sunday and left that Thursday and the experience was wonderful.

If you keep Kosher, you should contact koshercancun.com and they will deliver hot food daily to you. We did not eat at any of the restaurants on the resort to be able to comment on the food. The drinks were great and that is something that we enjoyed.

We found this place from a company that promotes time-shares. The price that we paid for this was a huge bargain, however, we were required to attend a mandatory sales presentation. The presentation was almost 4 hours, but we enjoyed our saleswoman and the time passed rather quickly. We got to see the penthouse apartment with a hottub on the roof and a view that was breathtaking.

Bring a bunch of single dollars for tips.

Room Tip: Don't opt for the upgrade view. The garden view is more than adequate.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Juan G, Director General at Villa del Palmar Cancun Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2017

Dear YSilverman,

Reviewed 28 November 2017 via mobile

The staff are extremely friendly, words cannot describe the connection my family had with a couple of servers. Especially Enrique and Merly.
My kids would wake up in the morning and were so excited to see Enrique and Merly. They felt
like family and I can't wait to see them again.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Cinthya D
Juan G, Director General at Villa del Palmar Cancun Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2017

Dear Cinthya D,

Thank you for expressing your great satisfaction with Villa del Palmar Cancun and for sharing the details of your stay with us.

I am very glad to learn that our team has contributed greatly to making your stay memorable. We are committed to offering outstanding service. I am thankful for your kind words which I will personally share with Enrique and Merly / pool waiters and the team members you mentioned.

On behalf of our Villa del Palmar Cancun team, we look forward to your next visit!