“Perfectly set away”

Villa del Palmar Cancun Beach Resort & Spa
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Playa Mujeres
Reviewed 10 December 2017

Flew in for a getaway wanting to chill out. We found this place a step away from
it all. We both were impressed from the start. Quality service, attention to detail,
tasteful meals, spacious units and beautiful views. I know...sounds exaggerated
but at 60, I know what I know. Do your own research you'll be convinced. Oh,
one thing, this is a family friendly complex sooo expect some noise.

Room Tip: Some construction nearby so ask about location.
Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Red6609
Juan G, Director General at Villa del Palmar Cancun Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2017

Dear Red6609,

Thank you for providing us the opportunity of hosting you at Villa del Palmar Cancun and for taking the time to share your experience with us.

I am pleased to read that you had an unforgettable experience and that our team has done a great job taking care of every detail during your stay. Your comments inspire us to keep making our guests’ satisfaction possible.

It will be an honor for Villa del Palmar Cancun to have you back and offer you our sincere hospitality on your next visit.

Villa del Palmar Cancun

Write a ReviewReviews (4,267)

Reviewed 9 December 2017

Disclosure: We are owners. Bought in 2011.

The last time we were at this resort was January 2013. Physically it looks the same. The grounds are still gorgeous and the views are still incredible.

However, as owners we were treated like first-time potential buyers when we went to our update meeting. I will leave out the details but suffice it to say we did not upgrade. We are actually content with a one bedroom unit on the non-private resident side of the business.

We stayed in room #1503 and had an incredible view. The rooms have the exact same quality and furnishings as they did in 2013, so we appreciated this.

We were not on the all inclusive plan because I don't eat and drink enough to warrant the higher costs. For the most part we ate at Bites and one night at Zama. We went to La Palmita every day. We also did excursions in Isla Mujeres and Playa del Carmen.

We like that the passenger ferry to Isla Mujeres is right next door and costs 1/3 the price of the Ultra Mar ferry to which you have to take a cab or collectivo.

We are very comfortable at this resort and consider it our second home. The only reason I did not rate it a 5 is that I did not like the update meeting which was more like a presentation to buy into the private residence business.

Staff comment: Lizette continues to be a pleasant, hospitable person. I remembered how pleasant she was in 2013 and she has since been promoted to manager. God job Lizette. Please continue to be the lovely, sweet person that you are and remember that your guests will return when they encounter warm staff like you.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 1503 and had a good view of the sea as well as the grounds near Zama.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Gina48220

Dear Gina48220,

Thank you for expressing your great satisfaction with Villa del Palmar Cancun and for sharing the details of your stay with us.

I am very glad to learn that our team has contributed greatly to making your stay memorable. We are committed to offering outstanding service. I am thankful for your kind words which I will personally share with Lizet/ concierge and the team members you mentioned.

On behalf of our Villa del Palmar Cancun team, we look forward to your next visit!

Villa del Palmar Cancun

Reviewed 9 December 2017

I admit I am a bit influenced by all the 5 star reviews. (Too high!) For Puerto Vallarta and Cabo San Lucas the overall ratings are right on. For Cancun it’s more difficult. IMHO Villa Del Palmar is a 4.1, not a 4.5. It isn’t in the same league as Garza Blanca or even Pueblo Bonito.

Pros: Very good food at the steak house and Japanese restaurant
- All inclusive plan includes enough top shelf booze and most of the food
- Room service is included and has a large menu to select from
- The 1 BR suite is nice
- The staff is very polite and helpful
- Murphy bed in LR much better than sleeper sofa
- WiFi works well. Make sure you get multiple devices included.

Cons: Our first room had a big leak in the AC and there was a giant puddle in the kitchen. Our second room was near the main AC unit for the complex and was very loud. Our third room has a dripping tub. My conclusion is that this place is cheaply constructed.
- The time share pitch gets very uncomfortable. I’ve never seen such high pressure.
- There isn’t much to do. If we visit Cancun again we’ll strongly consider Playa Del Carmen.
- The nice infinity pool on the water is Members only
- The beach isn’t great.
- Lots of babies and small children in restaurants, spa, and main pool.
- Expected tips are 10%+, a little high for all inclusive

Room Tip: Stay away from the big AC units
Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mbriggs2014

Dear mbriggs2014,

I appreciate the time you took to share your experience with us.

I am very sorry that your recent visit didn’t go as expected. Your feedback is highly important to us. Without hesitation we will take into consideration your comments to improve our service and prevent a recurrence of such an event.

We hope you will give us the opportunity to host you again so that we may serve you with the warmth and hospitality for which we are recognized.

Reviewed 9 December 2017 via mobile

As much as I would love to leave 4 stars, this resort lacks a few very important things. To start from the top, this location is only 7 years old and the room decor feels like they're from the 80's for no reason at all. Nothing is old, thr suites are great and the views are as well. The beach is unlike all in the rest of the region with green mostly murky water, not one wants to see when you come to a region with some of the most beautiful beaches in the world. All uphill from here, the service is 5 star, the resort itself is beautiful, the retaurants are all great and the pools are as well. I would go all inclusive here as the prices without the all inclusive are extremely high. I would bot stay at this resort in Cancun again, I would rather stay at resorts with better beaches, but I've been to their Cabo, Loreto and Manzanillo resorts and I would visit all of them again.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Dany Z

Dear Dany Z,

I appreciate the time you took to share your experience with us.

Reviewed 8 December 2017

We actually purchased the Dreamvacationweek package for 6 weeks of vacations. We paid almost 3k and we came back to Villa Del Palmar to do the additional timeshare presentation to just get the first 2 certificates.
BUT BEWARE...we have only received 2 certificates and we tried calling and contacting people but everyone says that the VIlla Group must be the ones to send us new certificates. But you can never get a hold of anyone at the Villa Group. They all claim you need to speak to Interval and then Interval says you need to talk to them. A big run around. So- unfortunately we will need to try to take legal action to get the rest of these certificates or get our money back. AUGH!!!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cheekemnky

Dear cheekemnky,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us and for trusting us with your vacation.

I am sorry that we did not provide the experience that you and your family expected. It is very important for us to know the areas that we need to improve. You may rest assured that your comments about (sales presentation) will be taken into consideration and we will act in a timely manner to prevent this from happening again.

Please contact me directly when planning to stay with us again so that I may help you with your reservation. It would be an honor to have the opportunity to host you again and show you the improvements we have made.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Playa Mujeres
3.6 km away
Dreams Playa Mujeres Golf & Spa Resort
12.2 km away
Grand Fiesta Americana Coral Beach Cancun

Been to Villa del Palmar Cancun Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!