4,785 results
All reviews bite bar one bedroom suite villa group time share fast ferry zama restaurant all inclusive package murphy bed all inclusive plan full kitchen ferry to isla mujeres per device washer and dryer timeshare presentation sushi hammock on the balcony rent a golf cart
Reviewed 9 December 2017

Disclosure: We are owners. Bought in 2011.

The last time we were at this resort was January 2013. Physically it looks the same. The grounds are still gorgeous and the views are still incredible.

However, as owners we were treated like first-time potential buyers when we went to our update meeting. I will leave out the details but suffice it to say we did not upgrade. We are actually content with a one bedroom unit on the non-private resident side of the business.

We stayed in room #1503 and had an incredible view. The rooms have the exact same quality and furnishings as they did in 2013, so we appreciated this.

We were not on the all inclusive plan because I don't eat and drink enough to warrant the higher costs. For the most part we ate at Bites and one night at Zama. We went to La Palmita every day. We also did excursions in Isla Mujeres and Playa del Carmen.

We like that the passenger ferry to Isla Mujeres is right next door and costs 1/3 the price of the Ultra Mar ferry to which you have to take a cab or collectivo.

We are very comfortable at this resort and consider it our second home. The only reason I did not rate it a 5 is that I did not like the update meeting which was more like a presentation to buy into the private residence business.

Staff comment: Lizette continues to be a pleasant, hospitable person. I remembered how pleasant she was in 2013 and she has since been promoted to manager. God job Lizette. Please continue to be the lovely, sweet person that you are and remember that your guests will return when they encounter warm staff like you.

Room tip: We stayed in room 1503 and had a good view of the sea as well as the grounds near Zama.
4  Thank Gina48220
Juan G, Director General at Villa del Palmar Cancun Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2017

Dear Gina48220,

Thank you for expressing your great satisfaction with Villa del Palmar Cancun and for sharing the details of your stay with us.

I am very glad to learn that our team has contributed greatly to making your stay memorable. We are committed to offering outstanding service. I am thankful for your kind words which I will personally share with Lizet/ concierge and the team members you mentioned.

On behalf of our Villa del Palmar Cancun team, we look forward to your next visit!

Villa del Palmar Cancun

Reviewed 9 December 2017

I admit I am a bit influenced by all the 5 star reviews. (Too high!) For Puerto Vallarta and Cabo San Lucas the overall ratings are right on. For Cancun it’s more difficult. IMHO Villa Del Palmar is a 4.1, not a 4.5. It isn’t in the same league as Garza Blanca or even Pueblo Bonito.

Pros: Very good food at the steak house and Japanese restaurant
- All inclusive plan includes enough top shelf booze and most of the food
- Room service is included and has a large menu to select from
- The 1 BR suite is nice
- The staff is very polite and helpful
- Murphy bed in LR much better than sleeper sofa
- WiFi works well. Make sure you get multiple devices included.

Cons: Our first room had a big leak in the AC and there was a giant puddle in the kitchen. Our second room was near the main AC unit for the complex and was very loud. Our third room has a dripping tub. My conclusion is that this place is cheaply constructed.
- The time share pitch gets very uncomfortable. I’ve never seen such high pressure.
- There isn’t much to do. If we visit Cancun again we’ll strongly consider Playa Del Carmen.
- The nice infinity pool on the water is Members only
- The beach isn’t great.
- Lots of babies and small children in restaurants, spa, and main pool.
- Expected tips are 10%+, a little high for all inclusive

Room tip: Stay away from the big AC units
Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank mbriggs2014

Dear mbriggs2014,

I appreciate the time you took to share your experience with us.

I am very sorry that your recent visit didn’t go as expected. Your feedback is highly important to us. Without hesitation we will take into consideration your comments to improve our service and prevent a recurrence of such an event.

We hope you will give us the opportunity to host you again so that we may serve you with the warmth and hospitality for which we are recognized.

Reviewed 9 December 2017 via mobile

As much as I would love to leave 4 stars, this resort lacks a few very important things. To start from the top, this location is only 7 years old and the room decor feels like they're from the 80's for no reason at all. Nothing is old, thr suites are great and the views are as well. The beach is unlike all in the rest of the region with green mostly murky water, not one wants to see when you come to a region with some of the most beautiful beaches in the world. All uphill from here, the service is 5 star, the resort itself is beautiful, the retaurants are all great and the pools are as well. I would go all inclusive here as the prices without the all inclusive are extremely high. I would bot stay at this resort in Cancun again, I would rather stay at resorts with better beaches, but I've been to their Cabo, Loreto and Manzanillo resorts and I would visit all of them again.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Dany92118

Dear Dany Z,

I appreciate the time you took to share your experience with us.

Reviewed 8 December 2017

We actually purchased the Dreamvacationweek package for 6 weeks of vacations. We paid almost 3k and we came back to Villa Del Palmar to do the additional timeshare presentation to just get the first 2 certificates.
BUT BEWARE...we have only received 2 certificates and we tried calling and contacting people but everyone says that the VIlla Group must be the ones to send us new certificates. But you can never get a hold of anyone at the Villa Group. They all claim you need to speak to Interval and then Interval says you need to talk to them. A big run around. So- unfortunately we will need to try to take legal action to get the rest of these certificates or get our money back. AUGH!!!

Date of stay: September 2017
1  Thank cheekemnky

Dear cheekemnky,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us and for trusting us with your vacation.

I am sorry that we did not provide the experience that you and your family expected. It is very important for us to know the areas that we need to improve. You may rest assured that your comments about (sales presentation) will be taken into consideration and we will act in a timely manner to prevent this from happening again.

Please contact me directly when planning to stay with us again so that I may help you with your reservation. It would be an honor to have the opportunity to host you again and show you the improvements we have made.

Reviewed 8 December 2017

I would first like to say that the resort itself is beautiful and immaculate. We had a one bedroom suite, and it was more room than we needed, with a full kitchen that we never touched since we had the all inclusive package. It had a beautiful balcony with a comfortable hammock that I spent a lot of time in! Every room that I could tell should have an ocean view, and we had a view of Isla Mujeres from ours.

The food was very good, we only had one or two things that we didn't enjoy and ate at every restaurant on site while we were there. We especially enjoyed the fire margaritas, the steak at La Casona, the sushi at the Japanese restaurant, and the pizza at the beach bar. The service was excellent, and everyone on staff was very friendly and accomodating from the servers, to the housekeepers, to the maintenance men, as everyone spoke to you with their hands over their heart as a gesture of respect as you walked by.

The resort was very quiet, and seemed to be less than half full, which we were fine with. Never had to search for a chair on the beach or by the pool, and the servers that came to you at the beach or pool were attentive. We attended one of the shows while we were there, a magic show, and it was mildly entertaining.

Two drawbacks to the resort itself, were the construction for their new building, and having to sign a bill for each drink or meal despite being on the all inclusive plan. The construction was VERY loud, we weren't able to sleep past 8:30 on any given morning even though we quite enjoy sleeping in on our vacations. I'm sure this will continue for quite some time as they have only really started on one massive building, and have plans to build another. The other drawback was constantly having to wait for and sign a bill after each meal or even ordering a drink at the bar. Of course there is an area for "tips", so you felt obligated to leave one with each transaction. One thing I really enjoy about all inclusives is not typically having to do this.

The BIGGEST issue we had by far, was with the timeshare "presentation". We are owners of a hotel timeshare system, and have sat through MANY of these presentations, and this one was by far the WORST we have ever sat through. I read reviews before going, and saw people commenting on how the "90 minute" presentation lasted instead FOUR hours, and thought, "that's not possible!" Nope, they were exactly right! It was ridiculous how even after we told them we were not interested in shelling out over $100,000 (you read that right), that they came back not once, not twice, not three times, but FOUR different times with offers that we kept turning down! And then, once we finally DID get away, we were offered with our FIFTH chance to purchase when we were being "checked out" by a completely different individual in another building! We were pretty clear early on that we didn't think their product was for us, and that we were happy with what we have, and they just kept pressuring to purchase ANYTHING.

The second high pressure salesman that they brought in to "make the offer better" was downright rude. He was asking me questions about our current timeshare, and how many points we have and fees that we have to pay. When I explained to him some particulars, he actually argued with me that "he didn't think that was right" and "he had never heard of that before". I actually felt harassed! We have been owners of our timeshare for 8 years, and have taken 6-8 vacations a year with it, so I'm pretty well versed on the points, fees and restrictions we have. He then just abruptly said, "let's get them checked out", which I was very relieved to hear, but then the onslaught of additional offers just kept coming as the hours ticked by!

I am used to high pressure sales with timeshare presentations, but we left this one (FINALLY!), with such a bad taste in my mouth, that it actually ruined the last 2 days my husband and I had at the resort. We just kept talking about it, and kept coming up with things that sounded bogus, or that were contradictory in their pitch. It just didn't sit right with us, and we are a fan of timeshares.

At the end of the day, this is a beautiful resort, with great service and really good food, but it is in the middle of nowhere, with a beach that is not very pretty (cloudy water with a lot of debris and seaweed). I wouldn't make the effort to ever come back here, and would strongly, strongly warn people against sitting through the timeshare presentation!!

1  Thank Dawn S