4,706 results
All reviews market kitchen excellence club sweet corner brass steakhouse kids club golden bar le petit plaisir insieme trattoria dukes lobster french restaurant aqua bar main pool legends bar finest beach surf and turf plunge pool las dunas beach house
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

The food? The best restaurants great buffet that cover I thing all the diets (vegan, gluten free, etc) ... I think we miss just one of them... the Tratoria, next time We’ll be in that one, my favorite one was the French one...

The Spa is a delight, the kids club, my kiddos loved it!!

The gym invite you to go hahahaha there are fresh towels, face tonic with a mint touch.... well refreshing!! Awesome trainers, if you like to play tenis as my husband... I can tell you they have one of the best!!

Just a note, if you are not a kids person or want a solo time or quiet time... ask for the adults only area... there is a part of the hotel and beach for you...
Really they have everything cover!!

The place is huge so even it was I think almost full you don’t fell overwhelmed.

Well be back... thats for sure.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 April 2018

We stayed at the Finest Club 2 storey room for a third year in a row and still loving it. All rooms of the Finest Club 2 storey offer an oceanview. Room service was sometimes very late. We complained and asked for the maid to come in earlier and it was for the rest of the stay.

The attentive staff makes the difference. If you do eat at the French Restaurant, asked to be served by Edgar, and make sure to try the duck. We went there 3 times and they planned a special supper for us on my birthday. The kids, 6 and 4, also enjoyed the evening animations at the Kids Club. The Kids Lounge is a great idea too; it allowed my husband and I to finish our supper alone, since the kids were done eating after 15 minutes. Special thanks to Wilbert, the best barman in our opinion, who made me taste Tequila for the first time! We also enjoyed the Finest Club service on the beach from Martha! My daughter collected all the twisted ballons she made for her. Thank you Martha for the birthday beach cake you brought her!

In resume, we loved every part of our stay. We look forward to come back in February 2019 and see some familiar faces again!

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Caroline T
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

My husband and 3 daughters (15, 12, 11) stayed here during their spring break the last week of March. We had 2 swim-out rooms. Background: We’ve been to Aruba, Turks, San Diego, Hawaii, Disney, Mexico ERC, Mexico EPM, Dominican EPC, etc.

We got to the resort via USA Transfers. Perfect service, on-time & east to find at CUN airport.

The good:
Service at bars and restaurants were top notch. We tipped generously as well because they work so darn hard. It was Spring Break for many in the US so the resort was close to capacity but it did not feel that way. Only 2 nights did we wait approx 30-45 minutes for a table at dinner-time. But no biggie ... we just had drinks at the bar while the kids played pool or ping pong.

The resort was very clean and updated. Beautiful gardens. Lots of pools. And we always felt safe at the resort and walking the beach.

We had swim-out rooms (non-finest-club) located in section 4. I sent in a request to have rooms that had the most sun during the day. They honored the request as our block of rooms (4001 to 4007) had sun from 10am-6pm in March. This section worked perfectly for us but it does face the plaza where nighttime shows and live bands take place so it can be loud. If you have kids who go to bed early (like before 9pm) this section might not be the best.

Areas of improvement:
Check-in was terrible. They tried charging my 12 year-old the adult rate and we almost had to fork over an add’l $1,600 for her. In their calculations she was 13 but she wasn’t - she turns 13 in July. It took us 45 minutes to explain this including proof of her age. They were very argumentative about it & unapologetic when they realized it was their mistake. Not a good way to start our family vacation.

They market the resort as “family-oriented” yet activities are very split. They have plenty of adults only activities and very few activities as a family. For example, Bingo! My kids love Bingo but you had to be an adult to play. We were just expecting more activities for families to do together.

They charge the adult rate for kids 13+ yet they can’t participate in adult activities (Bingo, French restaurant, adult games & adult pool, etc). The Finest Resort needs to offer 2 rates - adults 18+, and kids under 18. It’s ridiculous that we had to pay for my 15 y/o as an adult yet she couldn’t partake in any of the adult activities and (obviously) was not drinking any alcohol.

Overall our vacation was fun and relaxing. Not sure if I’d recommend to my friends unless they had smaller kids who might like the kids clubs. Mine didn’t. But it’s a solid 3 stars if they can improve upon some of the items I mention above.

Stayed: April 2018
3  Thank Kristi B
Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

I loved everything about this resort!!! Attention is paid to every detail...anything you want or need is at your fingertips. The food is delicious. They drinks are superb. The staff is phenomenal. My husband and I stayed in the Excellence Club with ocean view. Before our arrival, we received an email asking the purpose of the trip. Our room had Birthday balloons, a birthday card, and a bottle of champagne awaiting our arrival.
I highly recommend Finest Playa Mujeres!! We are planning a return trip next year with our two sons.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank momofHSgrad20I8
Reviewed 30 March 2018

My family returned yesterday from 5 nights at the Finest. We have travelled extensively in Mexico and the Caribbean and love the Cancun area because its a quick flight from Chicago and the beaches are beautiful. This was our first visit to the "Playa Mujeres" area. The entire community is gated and we had to pass several checkpoints to arrive at the hotel. That said, you can't leave the hotel and walk across the street for dinner or shopping - you're confined to the area. We found this to be wonderful.

Our room was a Finest Club two story with plunge pool. The room was stunning. Absolutely stunning. We had plenty of room with two kids (9 & 10yo). In addition to the room being great, there was twice daily maid service and a restocked bar.

The food was fanstastic. If you can't find something you like in the Market breakfast buffet then that's an issue. We loved that the options changed daily, the bloody mary and mimosa bar was a nice touch. There was never a wait for freshly made eggs or omelets. Lunch on the beach was great. They have a Pizza oven on the beach! Grilled items, nachos, salads and ice cream machines everywhere for serving yourself. Dinner was always great. Having been to many all inclusives this was BY FAR the best food.

The service was top notch. Our 9 year old had recently celebrated a birthday. We were greeted with balloons, candies, sparkling apple cider and Minion cupcakes. The celebration never ended. Drinks are top shelf. We found that the waiters and service hustled and were happy to be at your serivce. We had a minor maintenence issue with our room and were sent help in under 5 minutes.

Kids club was fantastic. Our kids ages could come and go as they pleased. They loved the water park, climbing wall, zip line, crafts, foosball, ping pong, and activities. It was good for them to get a break from the sun occasionally. The kids club even offered its own lunch buffet stocked with all the kids' favorites. The kids could stay for 5 minutes or all day - really great flexibility.

The beach was great. Swimmable which you don't get on the Hotel Zone in Cancun. The hotel offers kayaks, boogie boards, sailing, volleyball and even bocce ball on the beach. The Finest Club area was nice. Since the resort is so secluded, you didn't have people walking down the beach in front of you. You feel as if its totally private.

The main pool was small, but there were beautiful pools scattered all over the resort so it never felt crowded. In fact, coming in the high season we were told they were at 100% capacity....and you never would have known. I didn't have to wait for a chair, towel, coffee, cocktail or bathroom. Seriously outstanding.

In all, a great place for a family. I've learned that you get what you pay for and Finest is worth it.

Room Tip: Upgrade to club level
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family