All reviews bumble bee park and ride hi express pub next door hot food beans the sofa bed the pub free breakfast clean rooms decent breakfast overnight stop stayed here for one night business park road noise plenty of parking excellent value for money
Reviewed 10 January 2018

We have made two visits to this HIE. Both were excellent. The location is great for visiting Gloucester or Cheltenham as it's just off the M5 and A38. It's near a Park and Ride into Gloucester. Next door is the Bumble Bee pub for meals.It's a modern build of course and up to the usual HIE standards, with a good HIE breakfast included plus free paper. Comfortable rooms with TV tea/coffee tray shower room etc. All to a good standard. The main thing that stood out here on our last visit was the staff- extremely helpful and friendly. We had a problem with our car and they couldn't have been better. We can definitely recommend this hotel and HIE in general.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
GMGLOUS, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Gloucester - South, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2018

Dear Graeme C

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a thorough and positive review of our hotel.
Its great to read you are a return loyal visitor to our hotel and that our location suits your needs well.
I am pleased to read that you enjoy our included express start and I hope this sets you up well for the day ahead.
It is great to read you find our rooms comfortable and to a good standard.
Your review will be shared with the team who will be pleased to read your favourable comments and to know they were delivering on the service they pride themselves on!

Hopefully you will return to us again soon but with less car troubles!

Reviewed 9 January 2018 via mobile

Another excellent stay at this surprisingly good budget hotel. The rooms are clean, comfortable and well-equipped with plenty of space to work in if you need it. At £51 for the night, breakfast is a bit of a bonus but again it's a decent standard. The hot offering is not really up to much in all honesty, especially the almost synthetic scrambled eggs but there's no need to go hungry as there's enough choice of other things available.

Without exception, the staff here are really good - friendly, cheerful and efficient - which made the stay even more enjoyable. Chances are I'll be in the area for business again soon and won't hesitate to book this HI Express. Highly recommended.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business
GMGLOUS, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Gloucester - South, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2018

Dear Alan and Sally

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.
It is pleasing to read that you had an excellent stay with us and found our rooms clean, comfortable and well equipped.
I am pleased you found us to be good value for money and made the most of our included breakfast, it is disappointing to read your comments about the scrambled egg but thank you for sharing these with us.

Thank you for your kind comments about the staff, our team pride themselves on the service offered at the hotel and will be very happy to read they were able to deliver on this promise during your stay.

We hope to have you back with us again soon.

Reviewed 4 January 2018

I keep going back to this hotel because the staff are amazing especially channelle and Alice that always recognizes us if they are on when we check into the hotel and I really enjoyed new years eve there.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family

Dear Quinton V

Thank you for taking the time to feedback regarding your stay with us.
I am very pleased to read you are a loyal repeat visitor to our hotel and I am thrilled to read your kind comments about Chanelle and Alice, who will also both be pleased and proud to read!

I hope we have the chance to see you time and time again, and hopefully much earlier than the next new year!

Reviewed 4 January 2018

we stayed over new year while visiting relatives locally. again the room was comfortable and clean. (just remembered) the bathroom bin had not been emptied, when my wife went to use it, there was a used autoinject device in there. there was a strong 'drain' smell in the bathroom on arrival, because the basin drain was constantly bubbling back. the breakfast was basic as expected but my wife would have liked a fried or poached egg as an alternative. the orange juice wasn't particularly strong but on our last morning it was like dishwater, which we pointed out to reception.
overall we had a good stay and we will return in the future. there were another 5 members of our family here at the same time. all enjoyed their stay. At least the people staying in the room above us were less energetic than on our previous stay.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
HIE-Glos, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Gloucester - South, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2018

Dear OldSnowDrop,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review from your recent stay, I'm sorry to read that the room was not properly cleaned prior to your arrival. This is not what we as a Hotel want our guests to experience, so I will raise this issue personally with the Housekeeping Team to ensure this does not occur again. I am glad to see that despite this under-par experience you are willing to return to our hotel again, myself and the rest of the team would love the chance to make sure we get things right and give your stay the 10/10 it deserves!

If you would like to discuss anything in further detail, please do not hesitate to contact myself directly and I would be more than willing to help! Our details can be found on our website.

Happy New Year!
Kind regards,
Jacob Shakespeare
Guest Service Manager

Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

The walls must be so thin heard the gay couple upstairs having sex until 4.30am would've complained to reception but my partner was fast asleep nor the best thing you want to hear when you arrive at midnight and have to be up at 6.30am

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Flo D

Dear Flo

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.
Its disappointing to read that you were disturbed by other guests, please ensure you contact our reception team should you have any issues and we can then help with any queries you may have there and then. You do not have to leave the bedroom to do this and can use the bedside phone provided within the room to call down to reception.

I hope all other areas of your stay were enjoyable and that you would give us chance to better serve you in the future.

General Manger