“Amazing Suite”

Harrah's Resort Southern California
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Funner
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 3 February 2011

I've been a regular at Harrah's properties over the years, at Rincon in particular. Even though this stop was only for one night, I had to say how much I enjoyed the suite we stayed in. Upon check in we were given a comped room, but upon checking it out we found it to be right next to the elevator and somewhere we always request not to be placed near. It was a Sunday night so we decided to ask to pay for an upgrade to a suite. Ended up paying for the Spa Tower Catalina Suite and we were very impressed. Layout was awesome and the view from the balcony was really nice. Our only regret was that we only had one night. Didn't get to spend much time down in the casino as we had to leave early the next morning. Slots treated me fairly well though. As soon as we got home I made a reservation for five nights in the suite the end of this month to celebrate my 50th birthday. I know we will have a great time and I'm looking forward to some time at the spa.

Reviewed 2 February 2011

we were there in Jan - great weather!! the hotel is very nice - the room was lovely. We stayed in the Spa tower. Went to the pool - and hottub - great outdoor chairs/seating even a fire going at night. the cocktail waitresses very nice. some of the bartenders crabby. Loved the area of San Diego, will definately return.

Reviewed 1 February 2011

Hi all,

My love and I stayed at Harrah's Rincon last week Tue-Thurs. I had never been there before and as it was our anniversary we stayed in the Corando suite. WOW! is all I can say! The suite was HUGE! Go ahead and treat yourselves - you will not regret it. Stay during the week if you can to get the best price. The only thing I can fault is the pillows - Rincon please get some new ones!! Service staff extremely responsive and polite.
Buffet is great- quality of food is very good. Cafe is ok, on a par with any Casino Cafe in Vegas, Laughlin etc.
The pool area looked really nice - it was not warm enough outside for us to swim but I want to go back during the summer to enjoy the - er, 7 jacuzzi's they have as well as warm and cool pools, fire pits and adult only areas (nice, as my kids are grown).

Reviewed 11 December 2010

Stayed at Harrahs' last Friday night. First, thanks to the front desk for giving me such a great room. I said I don't like to be up too high but would like a view of the pool. My room was in the Garden Tower on the 4th floor (which is the top floor) with a gorgeous view of the pool. I also loved that the sliding glass doors actually open so fresh air was plentiful! the room design was modern with a huge flat screen tv. Would like to have more tv channels...seems like there were just 10 or so (english) channels. I ate at the coffee shop--which is fine athough overpriced. Loved the casino...big and lots of games and machines. Will definitely stay here again (and will request a pool view in the garden tower)

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 December 2010

We stay at this property on a regular basis. The last 2 trips have us reconsidering staying here again. Our last stay was on Dec. 4th. We checked in with no problems. We went to our room and it was kind of "stuffy". I tried to turn on the air conditioner figuring that would fix the problem. The fan turned on and we left to gamble. We came back a few hours later and the room was no cooler. I checked the thermastat again and it was set to 68 degrees...room was 74. I called down to the front desk and they told me they would send somone right up....we waited for 45 minutes...no one showed. We said forget it and went back down to gamble. We slept that night in a "stuffy" room. When we got up the next morning, I turned on the shower and waited for it to warm up......waited...waited. It never got more than luke warm. I called the operator, she transfered me to housekeeping. I asked if there was a problem with the hot water, she said "I don't know but you are the 3rd person who called about it". I called the front desk to express my "concerns" and was just told "we are sorry about that". They didn't offer to do anything to remedy the situation.If this was a motel 6 I could understand.
On the trip before, in October< we stayed in a Coronado suite. It was a special occasion for my wife and myself. In the middle of the night, the smoke alarm in the room started chirping....every minute or so.....I had to get up, get a chair and take the damn thing off the wall. In the morning when I was getting dressed, I walked by the airconditioner in my sock and the carpet was soaked....and so were my socks. I was ticked off to say the least. I mentioned these things to the front desk manager during check out and all they said was "Thanks for letting us know about these thing" no apology. They said they would give us a $40 credit for the room that would be applied to our credit card....It has been 2 months and we still have not gotten it. We used to love to stay and gamble here but the past few trips have been disappointing. Now that the Valley View casino has a hotel we may give it a try.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank daw45
Also consider these accommodations in or near Funner
31.1 km away
Temecula Creek Inn
#5 of 19 in Temecula
31.9 km away
Hampton Inn & Suites Temecula

Been to Harrah's Resort Southern California? Share your experiences!