US$368
Welk Resort San Diego(Escondido)(Great Value!)
US$402
Rodeway Inn(Escondido)
US$89
US$86
Agoda.com
Best Western Escondido Hotel(Escondido)(Great Value!)
US$172
US$104
US$99
EconoLodge
9,161 results
All reviewsslot machinesswim up bartotal rewardsdiamond loungegreat casinonorth towerpool areacasino floorgreat poolrooms are nicesan diegorinconfiorepinkishpalacabanastarbucks
Reviewed 2 February 2011

we were there in Jan - great weather!! the hotel is very nice - the room was lovely. We stayed in the Spa tower. Went to the pool - and hottub - great outdoor chairs/seating even a fire going at night. the cocktail waitresses very nice. some of the bartenders crabby. Loved the area of San Diego, will definately return.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 February 2011

Hi all,

My love and I stayed at Harrah's Rincon last week Tue-Thurs. I had never been there before and as it was our anniversary we stayed in the Corando suite. WOW! is all I can say! The suite was HUGE! Go ahead and treat yourselves - you will not regret it. Stay during the week if you can to get the best price. The only thing I can fault is the pillows - Rincon please get some new ones!! Service staff extremely responsive and polite.
Buffet is great- quality of food is very good. Cafe is ok, on a par with any Casino Cafe in Vegas, Laughlin etc.
The pool area looked really nice - it was not warm enough outside for us to swim but I want to go back during the summer to enjoy the - er, 7 jacuzzi's they have as well as warm and cool pools, fire pits and adult only areas (nice, as my kids are grown).

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 December 2010

Stayed at Harrahs' last Friday night. First, thanks to the front desk for giving me such a great room. I said I don't like to be up too high but would like a view of the pool. My room was in the Garden Tower on the 4th floor (which is the top floor) with a gorgeous view of the pool. I also loved that the sliding glass doors actually open so fresh air was plentiful! the room design was modern with a huge flat screen tv. Would like to have more tv channels...seems like there were just 10 or so (english) channels. I ate at the coffee shop--which is fine athough overpriced. Loved the casino...big and lots of games and machines. Will definitely stay here again (and will request a pool view in the garden tower)

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 December 2010

We stay at this property on a regular basis. The last 2 trips have us reconsidering staying here again. Our last stay was on Dec. 4th. We checked in with no problems. We went to our room and it was kind of "stuffy". I tried to turn on the air conditioner figuring that would fix the problem. The fan turned on and we left to gamble. We came back a few hours later and the room was no cooler. I checked the thermastat again and it was set to 68 degrees...room was 74. I called down to the front desk and they told me they would send somone right up....we waited for 45 minutes...no one showed. We said forget it and went back down to gamble. We slept that night in a "stuffy" room. When we got up the next morning, I turned on the shower and waited for it to warm up......waited...waited. It never got more than luke warm. I called the operator, she transfered me to housekeeping. I asked if there was a problem with the hot water, she said "I don't know but you are the 3rd person who called about it". I called the front desk to express my "concerns" and was just told "we are sorry about that". They didn't offer to do anything to remedy the situation.If this was a motel 6 I could understand.
On the trip before, in October< we stayed in a Coronado suite. It was a special occasion for my wife and myself. In the middle of the night, the smoke alarm in the room started chirping....every minute or so.....I had to get up, get a chair and take the damn thing off the wall. In the morning when I was getting dressed, I walked by the airconditioner in my sock and the carpet was soaked....and so were my socks. I was ticked off to say the least. I mentioned these things to the front desk manager during check out and all they said was "Thanks for letting us know about these thing" no apology. They said they would give us a $40 credit for the room that would be applied to our credit card....It has been 2 months and we still have not gotten it. We used to love to stay and gamble here but the past few trips have been disappointing. Now that the Valley View casino has a hotel we may give it a try.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank daw45
Reviewed 5 November 2010

We had reserved a 1479 square foot, Catalina Suite, to celebrate my husband’s birthday. Wow! For the price I paid ($209), this room was like an elegant apartment! The space was so well laid out and we really felt special! The foyer had a lovely black marble foyer, the master bedroom had lots of elegant, espresso stained furniture, there were TWO bathrooms and the master bath shower (which was huge with a built in bench/seat in it!) had a falling rain shower head mounted on the ceiling.

Check in was very easy and very friendly. We arrived at noon, and check in was not allowed until 4:00 PM. The friendly employee that checked us in gave us pool keys and told us that we should check back in an hour, as she was hopeful that our room would be ready.

We came back one hour later and sure enough, our room was ready and the friendly Harrah’s front desk employee gave us our keys to our suite in the Spa Tower and we were on our way.

The room has a wet bar, HUGE balcony overlooking the majestic mountains, the pool and fountains, a huge living room, tons of closet space, and did I mention, TWO bathrooms?! Also, there are several different sitting areas (complete with a chaise lounge!), desks and endless amounts of closet/drawer space.

We had decent luck at the slots. No, we did not win enough to pay off our home, but we did not get our clocks cleaned either. Harrah’s machines seem to be reasonable and you can play a long time on a minimum investment. We were a bit bummed that the craps table had a minimum bet of $10.00 -- we would have preferred $5.00 minimum, instead.

There is not much else to do here, other than gambling and eating. However, it is such a lovely area to spend time in. The mountains are majestic, the atmosphere is friendly, the hotel rooms are stunning… All in all, a nice way to spend a couple of days.

Here's what could be done better:
1. Hotel needs major sound proofing between rooms. When our upstairs neighbor returned to her room at 2:30 AM, we were woke up by her high heels going 'tap tap tap' along the floor. Then, when she fired up the spa tub, oh boy, there went a night of sleep!

2. Hard to believe, but Harrah's does NOT provide any extra blankets. You literally get this wimpy cover on your bed and that's IT! No blankets, even in this nice suite, were anywhere to be found. Also, this room does have a sofa bed, but there are NO extra pillows or blankets, so it would require a call to housekeeping (possibly a way to charge for an extra person??) to get the bed made up.

3. We went to work out the next morning. We were informed that there would be a $10 fee to use the gym!! Huh?! We are in a suite, in the "Spa" tower... why do we have to pay to use a treadmill?! Harrah's, please get with the program. That is chincy and cheap, and does not reflect well on you.

4. TV's were not flat screens and had poor reception and limited channels.

5. Coffee in the room was truly horrible. The coffee in the cafe was a little better, but not by much.

6. Air Temperature was 95 degrees but the pool was FREEZING! We were told the pool was heated, and if it was indeed heated, it must have only been heated to about 65 degrees! Also, there was NOT a cocktail waitress in sight, for the hour and a half we were at the pool. I had to go and find an employee to get the music turned on.

7. Bottled water should be offered in the room. The faucet water tasted like chemicals. Bottled water is complimentary in the casino, so at least 2 bottles should be in the room for guests.

If you have time, please have dinner at Fiore. It is their 5 Star restaurant. Yes, it is a bit pricey, but the food is very ‘normal’, but presented in a very artsy and lovely fashion. The service is top notch without being stuffy.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple