1,042 results
All reviews the river new forest henry adams wing the pub car park lovely location main building full english steak master builder eggs benedict evening meal classic room short break luxury room bar area motor museum
Reviewed 22 November 2017

Recently had a last minute stay at The Master Builders. Slightly hidden away from the usual tourist hot spots in a quieter part of the New Forest but still the perfect location for sight seeing and situated in the beautiful surroundings of Bucklers Hard on the Beaulieu Estate.

Our room was in the new part of the hotel and was more than we could have wished for. Beautifully decorated, stylish and comfortable room with a lovely rain shower in the en suite and a selection of complimentary teas and coffees and an espresso machine, TV and Bose wireless speakers! We only stayed one night but wish we could have stayed longer.

We did have time to have dinner in the restaurant which was fantastic quality with great local seafood and game on offer.

Also a great selection for breakfast and with beautiful views over the Beaulieu River its the perfect start to the morning.

Highly recommend staying here!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AlexKatie
Kara B, General Manager at The Master Builder's House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2017

Dear Alex and Katie

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay with us.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time with us, I do hope that we might have the chance to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

Stayed in the new rooms, lovely warm rooms, great shower, brill coffee and tea in the room. Breakfast was perfect everything you could want great muffins washed down with a glass of Bubbly. With a lovely view. A must to visit.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Kara B, General Manager at The Master Builder's House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2017

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay with us.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and I do hope that we might have the chance to welcome you back for another cheeky weekend away in the future.

Reviewed 4 November 2017

I booked one night away for my husband's birthday and as it was only one night, I decided to go for a luxury room. My disappointment at this "luxury room" was manifold: the room was quite small with an attractive but very uncomfortable headboard; the bathroom was very small - especially the size of the wash hand basin crammed in to one corner; the toiletries were minimal; there was a nasty smell emanating from the bathroom on waking in the morning; the building is old so there was lots of noise coming from creaking floorboards above us; the reception staff were unaware of my accommodation/dinner deal even though it had been agreed by email and the bar staff were not welcoming or friendly. On the plus side, both dinner and breakfast in the Riverview restaurant were delicious and the two waitresses - Louise and Tania - were exceptionally friendly and helpful. On arrival we were shown around the hotel and given its history in brief which was interesting. The location is good with a lovely riverside walk to the village of Beaulieu. My overall gripe though is that it gave very poor value for money.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank MaB288

Dear Guest

I was disappointed to read your review following on from your recent stay with us.

I have recently been made aware of the smell in this room which seems to be coming from the drainage. Our Maintenance Manager is going to speak with the plumber who refurbished this bathroom to see whether this smell might be coming from the pipes as we can't seem to pin point the source it at present. Rest assured that this issue is being dealt with and will be rectified.

I am relieved to hear that you enjoyed your time in the restaurant and I will be sure to pass on your kind comments to both Louise and Tania.

We do flex our rates according to availability so you would be able to stay with us on a cheaper rate should you wish to return in the future for better value.

I do hope that you might consider returning in the future.

Reviewed 3 November 2017

Room in new extension comfortable but very noisy from a boiler sited close to our window. Food in bar not very good. Breakfast very good. No other eating places within walking distance so if you didn't wish to drive you had to eat in bar or restaurant. Staff friendly. Beautiful spot by the river. Reception was unmanned when we wished to check out as person seemed to be trying to work in restaurant and operate reception. He was very apologetic but we informed him that he couldn't be expected to be in two places at once!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Christine

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

Please accept my apologies for your disappointed with regards to your bar meal. We have since changed the pub menu which is going down very well.

As a hotel that suits mainly leisure guests our reception isn't manned until 8am in the mornings as most check outs are usually after breakfast. My apologies for any inconvenience that this might have caused you.

I do hope that we might have the chance to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 1 November 2017 via mobile

Really nice place and the food is exceptional. Staff are attentive and friendly. Very good facilities for the dogs. A small dining room is available for use if you have dogs with you which means you can have restaurant standard food in comfort with your pets with you.
Only one downside is that the bedrooms are a little on the small side for 2 adults and two Golden Retrievers. Sure it would be ok if you had smaller dogs

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Kara B, General Manager at The Master Builder's House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2017

Dear Amanda

Many thanks for taking the time to write a lovely review on your recent stay with us.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay, along with your private, dog friendly dining room!

We do have one dog friendly room that is bigger than the room you stayed in, room 18, so should you wish to return in the future maybe request this room.

I do hope that we will have the chance to welcome you back in the near future.