US$201
US$181
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$227/night.

US$151
US$201
US$181
Travelocity
1,012 results
All reviewsthe rivernew foresthenry adams wingthe pubcar parkmain buildinglovely locationfull englishsteakmaster buildereggs benedictevening mealclassic roomshort breakbar foodluxury roombar area
Reviewed 3 December 2017

Loved this place, plenty of character, stylish comfy room with some great touches.

Had a nice meal in the bar and some drinks all at at fair price,

Breakfast was so good, all staff friendly, will be looking to book again..

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Kara B, General Manager at The Master Builder's House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2017

Dear Adam

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay with us.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and I do hope that we might have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 27 November 2017

We had planned to visit this area for a while but decided to take a drive out one summers evening. The hotel is very tucked away it took some finding but we found it and were pleasantly surprised. The views are stunning it is such a peaceful place steeped in history. We stopped by for a drink and snack and soaked up the atmosphere. A must visit if you are in or around beaulieu

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Vicky

Thank you for taking the time to write a lovely review on your recent visit.

I'm really pleased that you managed to find us and enjoyed your drink in our beautiful surroundings.

I do hope that we might have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 22 November 2017

Recently had a last minute stay at The Master Builders. Slightly hidden away from the usual tourist hot spots in a quieter part of the New Forest but still the perfect location for sight seeing and situated in the beautiful surroundings of Bucklers Hard on the Beaulieu Estate.

Our room was in the new part of the hotel and was more than we could have wished for. Beautifully decorated, stylish and comfortable room with a lovely rain shower in the en suite and a selection of complimentary teas and coffees and an espresso machine, TV and Bose wireless speakers! We only stayed one night but wish we could have stayed longer.

We did have time to have dinner in the restaurant which was fantastic quality with great local seafood and game on offer.

Also a great selection for breakfast and with beautiful views over the Beaulieu River its the perfect start to the morning.

Highly recommend staying here!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AlexKatie
Kara B, General Manager at The Master Builder's House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2017

Dear Alex and Katie

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay with us.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time with us, I do hope that we might have the chance to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

Stayed in the new rooms, lovely warm rooms, great shower, brill coffee and tea in the room. Breakfast was perfect everything you could want great muffins washed down with a glass of Bubbly. With a lovely view. A must to visit.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Kara B, General Manager at The Master Builder's House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2017

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay with us.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and I do hope that we might have the chance to welcome you back for another cheeky weekend away in the future.

Reviewed 4 November 2017

I booked one night away for my husband's birthday and as it was only one night, I decided to go for a luxury room. My disappointment at this "luxury room" was manifold: the room was quite small with an attractive but very uncomfortable headboard; the bathroom was very small - especially the size of the wash hand basin crammed in to one corner; the toiletries were minimal; there was a nasty smell emanating from the bathroom on waking in the morning; the building is old so there was lots of noise coming from creaking floorboards above us; the reception staff were unaware of my accommodation/dinner deal even though it had been agreed by email and the bar staff were not welcoming or friendly. On the plus side, both dinner and breakfast in the Riverview restaurant were delicious and the two waitresses - Louise and Tania - were exceptionally friendly and helpful. On arrival we were shown around the hotel and given its history in brief which was interesting. The location is good with a lovely riverside walk to the village of Beaulieu. My overall gripe though is that it gave very poor value for money.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank MaB288

Dear Guest

I was disappointed to read your review following on from your recent stay with us.

I have recently been made aware of the smell in this room which seems to be coming from the drainage. Our Maintenance Manager is going to speak with the plumber who refurbished this bathroom to see whether this smell might be coming from the pipes as we can't seem to pin point the source it at present. Rest assured that this issue is being dealt with and will be rectified.

I am relieved to hear that you enjoyed your time in the restaurant and I will be sure to pass on your kind comments to both Louise and Tania.

We do flex our rates according to availability so you would be able to stay with us on a cheaper rate should you wish to return in the future for better value.

I do hope that you might consider returning in the future.