The Master Builder's House Hotel
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
The Pig(Brockenhurst)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsthe rivernew foresthenry adams wingthe pubcar parkmain buildinglovely locationfull englishsteakmaster buildereggs benedictevening mealshort breakclassic roombar foodluxury roommotor museum
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 February 2018 via mobile

My partner, 7 month old baby, dog and I recently stayed at the master builders hotel, and I would thoroughly recommend staying here. The hotel room was spacious enough to accommodate us all comfortably, the staff could not be more welcoming and helpful, and the location is absolutely stunning, with Beaulieu being a leisurely 2.5/3mile walk away.

Dogs are not allowed in the restaurant, however, you are able to book the Henry Adams room for breakfast/dinner, a private dining room which allows you to take your dog with you. I would recommend you book this room at least once during your stay as it has a spectacular view across the estuary.

There are many features of the hotel and location I can review but I will leave this to you to discover for yourself and finish off my review by saying, stay at the master builders hotel it is a wonderful hotel, has wonderful staff and is in a wonderful location.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Kara B, General Manager at The Master Builder's House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2018

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review on your recent stay with us.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time with us, and that the weather behaved enough for you to take the lovely walk along the river to Beaulieu, great for humans and dogs alike!

I do hope we might have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future.

Kara Birrell

Reviewed 31 January 2018

The room was comfortable, tastefully furnished and clean. The hotel facilities are good and the staff friendly and efficient. The food was good but with a limited choice in The restaurent. Bar meals were a bit pricey for pub food but very good. The location is excellent on a beautiful part of the river with a pleasant flat walk to Beaulieu.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Bryan

Thank you for taking the time to write a lovely review on your recent stay with us.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and I do hope that we might have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Kara Birrell

Reviewed 24 January 2018

We stayed as a family of four in October 2017, and did not have a great experience. We booked a winter warmer package and were underwhelmed by the food and service. With two young children we don't expect to be served our food at 9.40pm in the restaurant having sat down over an hour earlier, My son was so tired he left the table for bed. The portions both at dinner and breakfast were disappointingly small.

We were interrupted twice in our room as the manager needed to see firstly if someone had left something, and secondly she rushed in as there was water leaking below ( we were all getting ready to go out, so had to stand there half dressed whilst she inspected the bathroom). It really was very Fawlty Towers'esque.

I always feel it fair to bring issues to the attention of the hotel at the time, so we discussed with the front desk our issues around the restaurant and the only advice was to book into the other on-site eatery.

We ate out locally the next night and had a lovely experience. I'm disappointed as we come to the New Forest often and i so wanted this to be a great stay. If the hotel sorts out its dining and puts on a few more staff this could be a lovely place. CUrrently its not worth the mone.

Room Tip: ask for one int he old part overlooking the estuary
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank ALiscoop
Kara B, General Manager at The Master Builder's House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2018

Dear Guest

I ws most disappointed to read your review about your stay with us back in October.

Since your stay we have recruited a new Head Chef and Sous Chef, and as you can see from more recent reviews, the quality of food has increased dramatically. My sincere apologies that you didn't receive these standards of food, and service at the time of your stay.

My apologies again with regards to the interuptions you received in your room, I am unsure as to why this happened, or to who this manager was, but I imagine it must have been reasonably urgent.

Please rest assured that we have, indeed, sorted out our dining, and with this in mind, I do hope that you might consider returning in the future to give us another chance.

Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

We received a very warm welcome by the receptionist, she showed us around the hotel & grounds & to our room. It was immaculate warm & had all the facilities you need.the bed was so comfortable bed linen soft & we relaxed before dinner. It was a wet winter evening & headed to the bar for a drink & sat in a cosy lounge with a lovely warm fire. The menus were brought to us & not long after ordering we were taken to our table. The food was outstanding. I had the best nights sleep! Next morning we went for breakfast the choices were again all thought of nothing was missing. As the morning sun came through the restaurant with the wonderful view of the harbour this started our Monday morning to perfection.we were sad to leave but delighted to find this wonderful place.I would highly recommend this hotel if you’re in the area it’s a must.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Sue

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and I do hope that we might have the chance to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 16 January 2018

As we expected, this turned out to be a professionally run place, the room for our mid January ‘Sunday Stopover’ proving comfortable, immaculately clean, and quiet too. The staff were unfailingly polite and helpful, and the restaurant efficiently, both for lunch and breakfast (a minor oversight at lunch being quickly rectified with good grace) OK there was only one draught bitter on offer in the bar on Sunday night but Ringwood Best was fine. OK in truth we’ve possibly eaten and stayed at rather more imaginative places not a million miles from Bucklers Hard, but maybe that's not the point. At the end of the day the Master Builders’ did not disappoint,

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Kara B, General Manager at The Master Builder's House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2018

Dear guest

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay with us.

I am pleased to hear that your stay with us did not disappoint. I do hope that we might have the chance to welcome you back in the future, when please do ask for our full selection of other draught beers in the pub, that we can happily serve you in the restaurant.