Dannemora Motor Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Botany Motor Inn(Botany Downs)
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Rayland Motel(Manukau)
View Hotel
All reviewsspa bathrooms were very cleanbedroom unitno air conenjoyable stayaccommodationmotorway
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Room was clean however sleeper couch terrible, no cover on duvet, mattress on main bed was old and terrible on backs, overpriced for basics with rude signed posted and not worth staying there.
Will not go back there and

1  Thank desbrad40
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I booked 2 rooms at this establishment and will never stay here again.They put their prices up due to the Ed Sheeran concert in Auckland and value for money was an absolute rip off. Our rooms were not serviced after the first day with the bed not being made.On the second night I requested a single bed for my son and what arrived was in no way good enough to sleep on, not even a duvet cover on the duvet. Perhaps the owner felt that he did not need to shower as no extra towel was left for him- had to go to reception to ask for this- and to top it all wanted an extra $20.00 for this.Noticed that they had overcharged on arrival ontop of the extra charge for Ed Sheeran.The lady at reception said that the owner has to approve the refund and will refund via my credit card within a few days...albeit only $20.00.
The room was shocking, smelly and disgusting.
NEVER EVER AGAIN!!!
This facility was not worth the $220.00--$260.00 charged.

Room Tip: Not possible here
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Grant V
Danneflatbush, relief minder at Dannemora Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hello Grant, thank you for your feedback. I'm sorry your experience wasn't ideal. In answer to the issue of your room being serviced... looking at the housekeeping report it appears your room was in fact serviced with restocking of clean towels and bathroom items, and restocked with coffee/sugar etc. Unfortunately, the housekeeper missed the extra towel instruction on her worksheet, and I myself didn't notice it was missing or I'd have put one there for your son.
With regards to the bed being unmade - this is always made unless there is anything on it. eg clothes personal items. Our housekeeper is instructed not to move any personal items.
The cover on the rollaway bed was actually a continental quilt which doesn't have a cover but gets washed after every use. I take on board what you are saying though, so in future when WE are here (as you know we are relief minders only) we will cover these with another sheet as they do in hotels. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. ~ Wendy (relief minder)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Went to reception to book in, grumpy women on the desk, barely a hello, just handed us the key and had a slight disagreement with the other lady that came out from the office about who was going to deal with us. No conversation or customer service what so ever. Room was very very basic, bathroom had a funny smell, bed so hard, only 3 sky chanel 2 of them being sports. Thought sign up in bathroom about 'not putting makeup on OUR towels'other wise a fee my apply was quite rude. Wouldn't recommend staying here unless your desperate

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Josp651

I am mortified at your experience at reception. I am the "other lady" (relief minder) that came out to attend to you, only to find my area had been taken over. I pride myself on good customer service and can only apologise profusely for your experience.
I was as stunned as you at the time and in fact I did take it up later on, with the other person you refer to.
After your experience I completely understand your unwillingness to return.
The other things I cannot respond to as they are not in my control. Again, my sincerest apologies. ~ Wendy (relief minder)

Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

Where to start?! On the surface the room seemed fine but after noticing BLACK mould on the curtains in one room and the living room, dirty dishes in the cupboards, not enough towels for the guests and the constant threats of extra charges scattered around the room, we were appalled. Room was not serviced during our stay, the owner was absolutely rude-and couldn’t even crack a smile. She was informed of the state of the room and the fact it hadn’t been serviced but no apology- she didn’t care.
My advise is take your own coffee, towel, dishes, milk and even perhaps your own clean curtains if you want to enjoy your stay- oh and try and avoid the owner!!

3  Thank amym5275
Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

Really disappointed in this motel and cannot believe the rude service we received and also observed others receiving. Upon arrival our room had multiple patronising notes dotted around stating that stained or lost towels will be charged for, dirty or wet dishes will be charged for and in the dishwasher there was a note stating that due to misuse the dishwasher was no longer available for use. We arrived late so went to check in the next morning and observed the couple in front of us receive appalling service! The softly spoken woman wanted to rebook for the next weekend (who knows why!?)...anyone with a basic level of customer service would treat repeat clientele with the respect it deserves however the woman at the desk was firm, blunt and abrasive with this woman and started to list all these charges (bond, booking fee) that she would need to pay for her booking. This customer had two toddlers no older than 1 and 3 with her who were just being kids but not being overly loud or anything when the motelier interrupted the customer and said to the toddlers "excuse me ladies, could you please be quiet, I'm trying to talk" - they're toddlers!! Anyway after observing this horrific service I was next in line and my "Good morning How are you?" was greeted with a blank stare...i could go on but yet again rude and blunt service received by us also. We stayed 2 nights and our room was not serviced which I see is a common theme among other customers here also. When I told the woman at check out that it wasn't serviced, she replied with an abrupt "yes it was" and I said no it wasn't, we still had dirty towels (of which we didn't receive enough of in the first place!) and she replied with another blunt "ok I will inform housekeeping". Not to mention housekeeping had already attempted to enter an hour before check out not realising we hadn't yet checked out...a system other motels seem to manage without a problem. Onto the room, our fan was very dirty and there was a lot of black mould on the back of our curtains. Our wee courtyard was also overgrown and full of weeds and our rooms got so stuffy! I see the owner/manager came on here and blamed the complaints on people only writing reviews when they have bad things to say but I think it's time she took a look in the mirror...this many bad reviews is above and beyond being able to use that excuse and I strongly recommend you you go away and upskill yourself in the customer service/basic respect area if you want to run a successful business. Also, false advertising on their website - no Sky TV or useable dishwasher in our room. From someone who has had monthly motel stays for the last 3+ years for work, this was by far my worst motel experience!

2  Thank Anna B