“Tuscany cuisine”

Relais La Corte dei Papi
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in La Dogana
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Our kitchen recreates the delicate flavors of genuine Tuscan dishes with a modern twist. Every ingredient used is selected for its quality, freshness and flavor; this creates a memorable experience throughout your meal. Everything is freshly produced daily by our chef including the bread, pasta and desserts.
Reviewed 9 June 2017

Owner David was very passionate about his restaurant and personally attended to us for our favorite meal in Cortona. The food was authentic and delicious.

Reviewed 20 January 2017 via mobile

My wife and I had an amazing time at Corte dei Papi. We cannot wait to go back some day. The food, the atmosphere and the service were nothing short of incredible.

Each morning included a delicious breakfast buffet that provided coffee, espressos, an assortment of treats that help get your day started. My wife and I were genuinely excited for the breakfast each day.

The dinners were nothing short of incredible. We were blown away each night by the presentation and the taste of each course. Our only regret is not trying everything on the menu.

The rooms and establishment itself were relaxing and romantic. We stayed in one of the less expensive rooms but loved it all the same.

The location of Corte dei Papi is on a beautiful authentic Italian country road. Morning jogs, although hot, were a beautiful experience. Less than a quarter mile away is a delicious pizza place that was probably the best we had while in Italy. The hotel is also a very short drive from Cortana which was a small but gorgeous city.

The level of service provided by the David the owner is second to none. He was a genuine and caring manager who you can immediately see loves what he does.

My wife and I have to recommend anyone looking for an intimate and unforgettable Italian getaway, must go here. So glad my wife did the research and found this place. After partying hard in Ireland, La Corte dei Papi was the perfect place to unwind.

Reviewed 10 August 2016

Fresh made breads,pasta, desserts. unique and delicious options, fabulous service and so many amazing dishes to choose. We didn't need to eat anywhere else in Tuscany!

Reviewed 29 July 2016 via mobile

Everything about La Core Dei Papi is authentic and real and just so wonderful. I can't believe my good fortunate to have had the opportunity to stay here. The room was actually a three room suite with an obscene amount of space and an abundance of comfort. We had a two-person soaking Jacuzzi tub and a huge walk in high tech shower. The pool and grounds were lovely and peaceful. Delicious breakfasts on the terrace. We had dinner one night and it was top notch. Take a look at the pictures on the website. Davide and his staff could not have been more accommodating and invested in our comfort. I honestly can't imagine a better place to stay in Italy.

Reviewed 22 May 2016

First, my hat goes off to David, the fifth (or more) generation owner of this beautiful property. His passion and pride for the property overflows as he shows us around highlighting the many enhancements he has made to the resort (and future intentions). The bridal suite is beautiful and the property has a wonderful serenity about it.

The restaurant La Corte dei Papi demonstrated what proper service should look and feel like. We were not disappointed. The dishes were beautifully presented and the flavors wonderful. I would not describe the food as typical of the region necessarily (Tuscany) but it definitely engaged the taste buds! I thoroughly enjoyed the dishes I ordered, namely the Seafood Edamame as appetizer and the Seafood (mussels) Pici (pasta was like an Udon noodle!) as my entree. The portion size was right for me, but many travellers may prefer much bigger. The dishes were not huge.

The dining experience was perfectly concluded with complimentary dessert including a plate of biscotti (and Limoncello for those of us who wished to partake). All in all I would describe the dining experience here as excellent with the surrounding beauty and serenity, and the unfaltering attentive service.

For what I describe above, make sure to look at the pictures.

DavidPapi, Proprietario at Relais La Corte dei Papi, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2016

Dearest,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write this beautiful Review and describe your lovely stay at our Relais La Corte Dei Papi. I am so glad you enjoyed the entire experience at our property, and I would like to thank you very much for all your compliments !
With the hope to have the pleasure to offer you again our hospitality and best attention, We wish You all the best.
David