“A Miracle for Families”
Clairette has four bedrooms; a double and a twin + cot with a bathroom on each floor
We have pottery painting each week in the garden or in the barn Theres a large trampoline in a shady corner of the shared central area
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
We have pottery painting each week in the garden or in the barn
Theres a large trampoline in a shady corner of the shared central area
We also have a large, covered sandpit for the younger children
The children love to pet the baby quail and the ducklings
We have a wood-fired pizza oven and the children love to have a go at making their own
Each of the five cottages has a charcoal BBQ and outdoor dining furniture
Guests get together for an evening show put on by the children
The children love to collect the eggs laid by the hens and the quail
The main entrance. We have off road covered parking for most of the cottages
Relax in the hammock with a good book ....
We have two swing sets, one with a double swing.
Jamie gets his PADI 'bubble maker' certificate after an hour of scuba training in the pool
We are lucky to have qualified dive instructors living around the corner. Courses available on Weds.
Clairette 'Zen Gaden' is a peaceful haven for relaxing ( well away from the main playground)
Clairette sitting room. We bought new sofas since this photos was taken !
Twin room upstairs
Kitchen dining table. There are also two outdoor tables, one at the front and one in the Zen Garden
Clairette features a 'Balneo therapie' Spa bath in the downstairs bathroom
Just beyond our field at the back of the cottages
The view across the sunflowers to our property.
The quiet lane that runs pas the cottages. We are very far from any busy roads
One of the many local produce markets
A hairy Poitou donkey at the local donkey sanctuary
Punting at the 'Venice Verte' A huge system of canals passing through meadows a short drive North
One of the many local beaches. The best ones are mostly within an hours drive
Clairette Kitchen is well equipped for one large or two small families
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

ailbhejoe
Wales
“A Miracle for Families”
Reviewed 1 September 2014 for a stay in August 2014
people found this review helpful

This was our first gite holiday, having previously gone for villa / apartments in Turkey and Portugal. When we just had one toddler, a private villa was lovely (and no school holidays to worry about) but with an 8 yr old and nearly 3 yr old, we needed somewhere they could play and make friends, but I didn't want to be squashed into a hotel room just to get access to a kids club. So we though we would try here, based on the reviews.
I had some reservations about having to do most of the cooking, being not too near resturants, but in all honesty, resturants with (my) 3 yr old are not much fun anyway! As it happens, it was more than worth it. The kids had the kind of fun and freedom I remember from my childhood: we never locked the door, and in the morning, all of the children would run outside in their pj's to check if the chickens had laid any eggs and to see who else was up. Because it is small, with only 5 families, it is easy for the kids to make friends.
There is plenty to do in the surrounding area, but the kids didn't want to do much as they were having fun with new friends, riding the bikes provided, making loom bands in the barn or swimming. The younger ones loved the trampoline.
My highlights were our family bike ride (on the bikes provided by Richard) to Nere to the English bistro for lunch (but they don't do lunch on Saturdays, so we had to fill the kids with ice cream and get baguettes to take back!), seeing my son do his try dive in the pool, waking up at 8.30am and my kids all still asleep most mornings (all the fresh air I think!), sitting in the shade with my book listening to my children having fun, seeing my sons eyes light up when I cooked him a double yoked egg that he had collected from the hens, the pizza night, the pottery painting, where I did handprints of the kids on plates.
My son said, Mum, we have to come back here: not somewhere like here, HERE.
We may just have been lucky, but all the families we met were really friendly, we all kept an eye out for each others kids. I think we all just really enjoyed seeing our kids so happy!
So for the first time ever, we are retuning to the same place for a holiday, two weeks next August booked.
We were in Syrah and I loved it: it is comfortable, quite dark, which means it stays cool, loads of space and the four poster bed provides a touch of luxury for the grown ups. The rest of the accomodation is comfortable but basic, with pretty much everything you could need. And if you think something is missing, just ask Richard and he will do his best to sort it out for you. There is a very good supermarket in Matha, a 10 drive away, so the gites are not as isolated as we first thought.
A relaxing holiday with children: a miracle I wish we had discovered earlier!

Visit was for: Leisure
Travelling group: Family
Fairing
“A hidden haven for families”
Reviewed 9 January 2014 for a stay in June 2013

Well we came back for our third year and will no doubt soon be booking again.
The houses are all built around the main play garden and the children love to play together in the sunshine and see the chicken and quail.
The swimming pool is always a lot of fun and this year the paving round the pool had been replaced - it looked very smart.
Whilst there is WIfi, it is not in all houses and actually not having it in ours meant we stopped checking continually for email and messages and so got a real rest for the 23 hours a day we gave ourselves.
Another fab communal pizza party and with real friendships made - we love our holidays here. Richard and family make you feel so welcome and nothing is too much trouble. Highly recommended.
If you want luxury, or new build this is not the place for you - but if you are relaxed and want clean beds and a chance for the whole family to slow down and relax - then book!

Location Cleanliness
Visit was for: Leisure
Travelling group: Family
Fairing
“A child's paradise”
Reviewed 18 June 2012 for a stay in June 2012

Simply perfect for a family holiday!
I can't believe how relaxed and enjoyable it was - kids love playing in courtyard when not swimming
Very sociable too - and pizza night and BBQ nights were a real highlight - thanks Richard!

Location Cleanliness
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing