US$36
US$178
Orbitz.com
HotelQuickly
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 9 January 2017

people here are lovely, rooms are old and shabby. if you want air con you have to pay extra, hot water only speed to be switched on as new guests arrived and hotel is about 2 mile away from the strip where all bars and restaurants are.
if you want a week of nothing then it's fine, i personally would stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 December 2016

This is one of the best holidays I've ever taken, the hotel is set on the beach and I had wonderful views of the ocean from my large balcony, I went to sleep and woke up to the sound of lapping waves. The owners and staff in all areas couldn't have been more helpful or friendly. the rooms and communal areas are serviced and cleaned daily. Everyone knows your name and treats you as one of their family. I have made some very good friends who I am in touch with daily. I couldn't praise the hotel and staff highly enough. I will most definitely be returning to spend time with my extended Gambian family.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 December 2016 via mobile

I had such a lovely time at this place everyone so so so friendly, so relaxing everyone called me by my name which was nice, fatou on reception was a star always happy with her Beautiful smile, and auntie was so nice to such a warm and delightful lady, and abes from the shop such a friendly guy and Abby from the Beauty salon, I was made to feel like I was family and on my last night auntie and Sharif put on a big seafood platter for me as a good bye , The taste was five star I love this place so much, I highly recommend and I will be going back very clean comfortable the pool cleaned every day room is cleaned every day, on my second day I've got the flu the staff went out and got me food drinks and fruit and went to the chemist for me for Lemsip what more could you ask for perfect,

Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 January 2016

I do not recommend! Poor quolity of the rooms - dirty and shabby, A lot of mold and it was stinking. In doors and windows there were wide leaks that insects entered without problems. During the day often problem with electricity - so the air condition didn't work and there were only warm drinks. Breakfasts always started with delay - after 8. I visited few hotels in Gambia but this one was the worst. The location of the hotel near nice beach was the only advenatge but it doesn't recompenasate the weaknesses.

Room Tip: Better take some other hotel to have nice holidays.
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
4  Thank AlexaKPL
Reviewed 29 December 2015

The first bight when I arrived it all looked a bit dated and needed renovation. I got probably the only room with a small hole on the front door out of which at night many big insects appeared into my room. I was not planning to sleep there. I even wanted to change the hotel as I thought it would be symbolic for the rest of the hotel. However I got a new room and was satisfied even though the air-conditioning in this room was out of order since a long time. So I stayed.
The hotel itself from the front is dull but it has a nice garden which also needs some TLC but they were busy on that. The garden immediately faces the Atlantic ocean and the beautiful beach of Bijilo. Do not forget to help the small local juice bars on the beach where local poorer people make their living from. Sometimes they see no customers at all for multiple days.... Very sad to see. The hotel mainly caters for Polish and Dutch guests. The Polish are all inclusive and sometimes can be rude to the staff but some of the staff especially the girls can also have an Attitude as well ! The longer I stayed the more I liked it there as I had no more problems with my room. I found the bed very comfortable. Breakfast was always the same and sometimes one needs to wait a bit before they come with new supplies but I liked it. How can you complain if you get a hotel, a pool, breakfast, flights from Europe in the high season in Gambia and transfers for only 700 Euro for two weeks in this exotic paradise ? So I wish them all good luck on the further renovations as since a few months it is under a new Gambian management. If you do not have a big problem with chemical looking juices in the morning, asking for toilet paper three times before getting or not getting it at all, pay extra for air or a fan, then you are at the right place. It is friendly to Gambian visitors or guides so there are always many Gambian people present which I liked. Location is good, quiet but with some restaurants around and only a 5 minute drive to the Senegambia strip for bars, clubs and other hotels and restaurants. Tip walk to the beach, go left instead of right and continue for an hour. You will first pass the former Sheraton hotel and then cross a very beautiful part of beach, totally overlooked by tourists but with beautiful Baobab trees and red earth. Then on your left is a cosy bar, called Smiles where very gentle locals wait for you to come and have a drink or eat delicious freshly made fish or chicken, go a little further and you come in the village of Ghana town, where Senegalese and Ghanian fishermen bring their catch at around 1 PM. Not friendly but very interesting to see and all by foot from the Golden Beach hotel.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled solo