Ways to Experience Harrison's Cave
from US$74.00
from US$143.00
from US$158.00
3,666 results
All reviews tram tour take photos stalactites and stalagmites eco tour short film natural wonder visiting barbados interesting tour cruise ship rainy day well worth the visit underground elevator stops pools video island
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 November 2016

If I based review only on cave I would give it a 5, but due to the poor customer service I am giving it a 3.

Their customer service is really lacking here. We bought our tickets ($30 US each – pretty expensive I thought) which took like 10 minutes while the people behind the window had a conversation that we could not understand. She finally gives us our receipt and gave me someone elses credit card back - luckily I noticed. Then just points us to move on.

We came to area with 3 different walkways we wandered around a bit not knowing where we should go. We found a walkway and then went back and talked to person at elevators. We learned you can either walk down a pathway or take an elevator down. After walking down the path we see guides with groups of people and a cave interpretation center. We asked guides where we are supposed to go they just say we are not in their group. We are finally told that you have to wait outside the Interpretation Center until your group number is called. We arrived at 9:10am and did not get called until 10:10am. A full hour later, which was not explained when we bought the tickets. Very disappointing.

We finally get into Interpretation Center then wait another 10 minutes to go into room to watch a video. This video is educational but not all that interesting. After the video was over we just sat there for awhile and some people got up and went back out. When the guide finally came back she was very rude saying people should not have left the room. If the guide would have explained this or came back on time it wouldn’t have been an issue. I just found most of the employees at the cave to be rude and that really put me off – regretting the decision to come to Harrison caves. People in our group were literally scolded by the guide…… they need to train their employees on customer service and explain to guests the process of how things work. It might help if they put up signs directing people.

Finally we get on the tram down into the cave. Our guide on the tram with us was very friendly and explained things well. He took the time to take photos of us at stops we made where you can get off the tram and walk around a bit to take pictures. Make sure to look at your photos near the waterfall there is a face you can make out on the rocks. Once into the cave our experience really improved. The caves are gorgeous and really large. It was amazing to see these formations. I am glad we saw the caves but the process of getting to the good part just seemed to take so long.

Date of experience: October 2016
2  Thank Tracyktn
Reviewed 3 November 2016

It is a fun tour in a nice part of Barbados. We went with my grandmother and yound daughter so it is ok for all ages because you take a tram through the tunnel. The caves are beautiful and there is some interesting info on how the island was formed. Good for families, but not much of a natural adventure.

Date of experience: October 2016
Reviewed 2 November 2016 via mobile

We stayed on the East side of the island and did this tour- like others said- we enjoyed the ride through the countryside probably more than the cave tour. Also like others have said- the tour guide - not friendly. In fact, there was a couple of staff that were friendly and the rest seemed like the life has been sucked right out of them- no smiles, no eye contact, they were just going through the motions. Sad really, cause the inside of the cave was really pretty, but it was hard to enjoy with the negative vibe of the staff.

1  Thank melissat509
Reviewed 2 November 2016

We had a nice tram ride with our guides. It was very interesting and we've learned the history of those caves. It is amazing, magnificent and grandiose in some of the chambers. Breathtaking!

Reviewed 2 November 2016 via mobile

While the price is steep, the tour is a good one. The tour driver was so funny so he made it even more fun. I decided to forgo diving that day to check out the caves and I do not regret not diving. The caves are truly beautiful...but maybe next time I will take the walk tour and not the tram. I saw one lady that took the walk tour given access to walk in the ponds and looked like fun.