All reviews nice hotel afternoon tea sandwiches on arrival water pressure no air con glass of prosecco good size lounge bar function room wedding venue road noise fantastic food lovely room restaurant staff four poster bed business trip
Reviewed 11 October 2018

Room was a good size and bed was comfortable. Hotel is very near main road, but rear facing room was quiet. Bathroom had been updated but was not as clean and modern as advertised on website. Breakfast had good selection of food and was well presented. Staff were all very nice.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
HLGroup, Owner at Best Western Ivy Hill Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2018

Thank you for your review. I am pleased you had a wonderful stay and enjoyed the breakfast and service from our staff. I hope when you are next in the area, you stay with us again.

Reviewed 3 October 2018

Held my mum and dad's 60th wedding anniversary lunch here. They thoroughly enjoyed themselves and so did everyone else. The team looking after us were both very friendly and helpful yet not overbearing, the food was good and everything went to plan. Charlotte was also very helpful with the planning of the event. Good value for money.

Trip type: Travelled with family
HLGroup, Owner at Best Western Ivy Hill Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2018

Thank you for your review following your recent visit to Ivy Hill. I am delighted you chose to celebrate such a wonderful occasion with us. I am pleased everything went well and that you found the service to be helpful and friendly. I hope you do not leave it too long before you come and visit us again, perhaps for a family get together over the Christmas period.

Reviewed 1 October 2018

We only had a one night stay for a wedding in the locality, and whilst the beds were clean and comfy as was the floor, the level of dust on the headboard and television was incredible and there were cobwebs in the window, hence the reduced rating. The Buffet breakfast was also very good, and a good cup of coffee (or 3)

Room tip: Dowstairs rooms seem quieter as some of our party were upstairs and there was a lot of noise from hotel equipment
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Gavin H
HLGroup, Owner at Best Western Ivy Hill Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2018

Thank you for your review and for bringing this matter to my attention. It is very unusual for our housekeeping team to get comments about the level of cleanliness in the rooms, as we are normally praised on the high standards we keep. I shall look into this and discuss with the team. I hope this doesn't deter you from staying with us again when you are next in the area.

Reviewed 28 September 2018

From the moment we met the staff ,Charlotte the leader was brill, a really good menu , reasonable wine prices , great staff, brilliant service ( Mike and his lead lady who’s name I missed !) and the food was excellent. All 25 of our guests were really im0ressed ,thanks you made our GW lunch a real pleasure . Highly recommended

Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank michaelmoore458
HLGroup, Owner at Best Western Ivy Hill Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2018

Thank you for your complimentary review. It is always wonderful to hear when the efforts of our staff are appreciated, which I shall gladly pass on to the team. It is wonderful you all had a fantastic time celebrating such a joyous occasion. I hope you all come and visit us again soon, perhaps for dinner over the Christmas period.

Reviewed 11 September 2018

Hotel is very popular as we had to pay upfront in the Spring for a late summer stay. We paid more for a deluxe room but sadly it was the nearest to the A12. Cheaper rooms are round the back but frankly a better location.
There is no air conditioning so on hot nights windows would stay open and one hears traffic noise from busy A12. Fan is provided but not the same. Suggest you ask where the room is before staying.
Staff were fine and breakfast is good. We were at a special party event and cannot fault the food, staff service or venue.
It's a Best Western, perfectly fine but not wow.
Pricing at weekends reflects its popularity.

Room tip: book room well away from A12.
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank paulcA777QS
HLGroup, Owner at Best Western Ivy Hill Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2018

Thank you for your review. I am pleased you had a wonderful time staying overnight at our hotel. We are only a 3* hotel and do not claim to have air con, but as you mentioned we do provide fans in all of our rooms during the warmer seasons. Thank you for awarding us with 4 stars, I hope when you are next in the area you stay with us again.