Combe House Bed and Breakfast
    The Cobblers(Colyton)
    • Restaurant
    All reviewsgarden roomat homeon arrivalcakecooked breakfasthomemade breadhome madesmall townmade us feelwarm welcomegranolalovely breakfast in the morningchoice of cerealsgreat showercomfortable bedsour favouriteold friends
    Reviewed 16 August 2017

I was given a very warm welcome by Chris who was very friendly and supportive throughout my stay. The accommodation is a seventeenth century property, very comfortable and beautifully presented set in a delightful historic village which was a joy to explore. This location is excellent in terms of both visiting coast and hinterland.
    This is my third stay at Combe House B&B, I'll be back.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
    Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

Chris is wonderful and Combe House is wonderful. This how BnB should be. My son and I visited for 4 days and felt part of the family. Some BnB's can be bland and functional but not Combe House. Beds are comfortable, breakfasts are lovely. Everything is handled with charm, good humour and grace. The house itself is beautiful - all the bedrooms and furnishings are in keeping with the history of the house but are as comfortable and scrupulously clean as if you were in a modern establishment but with bags more character!! Missing you already!
    Ross and Jo

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
    chrisatcombehouse, Owner at Combe House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2017

Jo - thank you, thank you! I was going to ask Ross to do some homework for me and you have let him off the hook!! Thanks for the great review - all the comments are helpful for future guests who may be visiting....
    Enjoy the rest of the summer - hopefully warm and sunny. Chris.

Reviewed 10 July 2017

For a trip to Devon and the Jurassic coast I never realised how amazing it could be. Chris and her pets; Zip and Polly the dogs and Morris the cat made sure that I will never forget our wonderful stay at Combe House in Colyton. We felt most welcome in this most cosy bed and breakfast. We will be back Chris!

Room Tip: If you are looking for a typical English cosy B&B come to Coombe House
    • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
    chrisatcombehouse, Owner at Combe House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2017

Lucas - thank you for the lovely review.
    Next time I will have a tidy garden (hopefully), and a decent hammer for fossil hunting!!
    And, Haytor rock will be waiting for you all.
    Enjoy a wonderful summer.
    Thank you again from Chris.

Reviewed 29 June 2017

This was our second to this delightful B&B. The rooms are a good size with a very comfortable beds and well appointed bathrooms. Again Chris made our stay very pleasent with her cheerful disposition and great food! We hope to return very soon.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
    Reviewed 16 June 2017

An excellent B&B should be comfortable, clean and provide a tasty breakfast. Combe House provides all these in a lovely old cottage, but what makes this place outstanding is Chris. She welcomes you with refreshments (lovely lemon drizzle cake for us) and quickly you're chatting like old friends. It is a long way from North Yorkshire to Devon, but if we return we know where we will be staying.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
    chrisatcombehouse, Owner at Combe House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2017

Thank you Maureen - the 'up side' of my B and B is meeting friendly folk. The weather also helped our moods!! It's almost too hot now - but I'm not complaining!!
    Please visit Combe House again! Chris.