The Naka Phuket(Kamala)(Great Value!)
US$315
Ayara Kamala Resort & Spa(Kamala)(Great Value!)
US$140
US$106
The Bell Pool Villa Resort Phuket(Kamala)(Great Value!)
US$290
US$210
US$68
US$54
Hyatt Regency Phuket Resort(Kamala)(Great Value!)
US$105
Hyatt.com
Cape Sienna Hotel & Villas(Kamala)(Great Value!)
US$72
U Zenmaya Phuket(Kamala)(Great Value!)
US$80
US$58
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$68/night.

Novotel Phuket Kamala Beach(Kamala)(Great Value!)
US$64
US$54
Andara Resort and Villas(Kamala)(Great Value!)
US$811
All reviewsthe cliffandaman seainfinity poolcooking schoolitalian foodthe general managerspa suiteoutdoor showerheaven on earthbeach clubthai menucooking classwedding plannerbreathtaking viewskamala beachmain poolour honeymoon
Reviewed 17 January 2012

We fell back in love at this hotel. They upgraded our room from the Talay suite to the Aqua suite. The angels brought us to our rooms and our jaws dropped. The view was stunning, the villa was huge. indoor/outdoor shower, private pool, sunbeds, flower petals in our bathtub upon arrival, rose petals on our bed. This was the best vacation I've ever been on. The hotel made it perfect. Boyfriend and I loved it so much we want to get married this year there. We were on cloud nine. I felt like I was on a pre-honeymoon. Expensive hotel but so worth it, even if just for a couple days. The breakfast was amazing too. I loved the huge menu. The service was impeccable. They set up a private dinner for us in the infiniti pool, muay thai boxing class for my boyfriend (free of charge), we took a cooking class which was soooo fun. I have nothing bad to say about this hotel. It was perfect. I cant wait to go back to get married!!!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Paresa, General Manager at Paresa Resort Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2012

Nice to read that you had your pre-honeymoon here at Paresa and it would be fantastic to welcome you both back for your wedding. Please contact Khun Ting our wedding manager for her to assist you with organizing this special event.

I am glad you liked our Aqua Pool suite and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 16 January 2012

We celebrated our wedding at Paresa in Dec 2011 with 40 guests. The location, staff, food, view, organization, spa (and I could keep listing) were all perfect. We could not fault a single thing with this wonderful resort and the wonderful staff there. On arrival we were upgraded to the Dima villa which is even more spectacular than the resort photos show and came with our own butler. The food from the restaurant is amazing and the food we had for our reception is still being discussed back in Australia. We have never seen such an amazing display of food.
Our wedding coordinator Ting was so helpful and always there to assist. If you are planning a wedding at Paresa, the fireworks was definitely a highlight of the night surprising all our guests with a spectacular display of fireworks.
We are a travelled couple who really enjoy a beautiful retreat but by far this resort showed us and our guest the most amazing wedding and holiday anyone could experience.
Thank-you Paresa, you really are the Heavens of all Heavens.

Room Tip: Dima villa is the best room for a couple. Fantastic!
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Aussie-Johanna

Congratulations again on your wedding and it was our pleasure to be able to help organize and celebrate this special occasion here at Paresa.

Great to read "The location, staff, food, view, organization, spa (and I could keep listing) were all perfect." plus that our fabulous wedding manager Khun Ting assisted and organized everything so well, I will pass this on to her.

Thank you again for choosing Paresa and we look forward to welcoming you both back to enjoy our Dima Spa Suite with its unique design and fabulous private pool again.

Reviewed 6 January 2012

To the General Manager, We wanted to give you feedback in person but after multiple attempts, we gave up and assumed we imagined you in the first place. This we know isn’t true because you kindly left us a copy of the 6 month old magazine you had a photo of yourself in with an article on the Poo-resa. I would also like to point out that within 24 hours of arrival I was trying to get a return flight, but there were none available until after our original departure date. I was even willing to forfeit the cost of the hotel.

I have found an enormous amount of free time to write this, mainly while waiting for food I’ve ordered from your kitchen. 1/2 an hour for a scoop of ice-cream in an entirely empty restaurant - whilst being fully staffed is considered world record pace for the Paresa “angels”. The lack of attentive service and/or willingness seems to be a motif for our stay. The hotel is steeply overpriced, similar to the gradient of the walkways. Potential patrons don't dismiss this, you can stay at true five star quality hotel for the same price. (I think this even though our room was upgraded). - Further, there is only 1 restaurant, 2 menus. Quite the magician's trick - speaking of, what makes a thai restaurant believe they've mastered the italian cuisine? Don’t think too hard, they haven’t.

On the subject of the restaurant, during peak season in a hotel at mid capacity, why are they so often out of ingredients? (its no wonder why they are at half capacity) I order salt and pepper squid and the signature paresa pizza. No squid. No marscapone? Instead, they bring a completely different pizza. Our order that night was actually taken by the enigma that is the general manager.
We know that the marscapone wasn't consumed making the WHITE tiramasu- because they use cream, thus proving they clearly have not mastered basic italian food. Further, for 3 days straight, no diet (or zero) coke - how is this possible? The breakfast service is good, although if you are expecting ricotta in your "ricotta and blueberry pancakes", you may think otherwise. You should have guessed this dish doesn't come with ricotta. Jokingly, we actually toyed with the idea they may have downloaded someone else’s menu and only say they stock things they can cook, leave off or add ingredients whenever they please, then (some staff) serve with the worst possible attitude.

If somehow you do end up staying at Paresa, and fall victim to the hefty and blatantly unfair 100% cancellation fee within 21 days of arrival, do yourself a favour and eat at SILK restaurant (Andara Hotel) every night. They are kind enough transport you back to the Paresa for as little as a smile and a "thank you". On the other hand, Paresa's ironically coined 'angels' will often blatantly lie and tell you that SILK is fully booked (when you can just turn up and be seated) and charge you a 400 TBH taxi fare. Happy hour at Andara has half priced drinks from 5pm – 7pm and a beautiful pool with beach views and 40 day beds, not 4.

I don't want to mislead you, a few members of the staff are delightful and engaging, others however avoid eye contact when you’re trying to grab their attention.
Other events during our stay include:
- aircon working only sporadically
- hot water ran out on one day
- water in room stopped all together one morning
- gross smells throughout the hotel always
- an epic amount of stairs and extremely steep pathways, (need a sherpa) do not consider staying here with any sort of fitness/illness/injury
- really poor service at the hotel pool, you will wait an hour plus for anything. A humorous moment was when the pool attendant had a second member of staff wait with us because they had 'run out of water' (despite it being within view) but really because we had left the baron pool without signing the bill - would have more than willingly signed the bill if there was any sign of life, other than of course mosquitos. the attendant wanders off for an hour at a time.
- pool only has 4 pairs of daybeds total (check before booking there are less than 3 people staying in the hotel during your stay)
- beach “club” is 15 minutes away, by car which only runs every hour. this service doesn't include being dropped at the beach, instead parking in a semi-nearby deserted bush and walking underneath a bridge and through a giant sewer main. don't try this at home.
- just reiterating the fact they ran out of most everything. diet coke.
- if you ask for extra aioli they bring you ketchup in commercial quantities. possibly a ploy to distract you from the fact they’ve brought the wrong dish.
- the hotel doesn't feel safe. cleaners clean alone, and the safe can be viewed from outside (the way the mirrors and windows without blinds are set up) as you punch in the pin to keep valuables. they also book everything according to room number, including taxis. limited reading on thailand leads me to believe most taxis are run or owned by the mafia. this is completely believable once you get here. So, now that the mafia has your room number, and you have the comfort of the hotel security guard that has the stature of a stick insect, you can have a lovely dinner and nice nights sleep.
- They pride themselves on privacy but you can look into other pools (we had the pleasure of seeing the next door couple naked), and not all the windows have blinds. The blind on one of the windows you can't shut looks directly onto the toilet, this needs no further explanation, and is particularly unsettling at night. The hotel restaurant also looks on to a few of the pools/balconies. You can forget coming home without tan lines.
- on a slightly more positive note the spa is quite good, although having a lack of variety of treatments. we found it to be quite well priced.
- most of the staff outright lie or have no clue what you are talking about if you are not fluent in thai, if you're lucky they'll lie and have no idea what they just lied about. This is humerous.
- the toilet has a clear glass casing. "pointless!" i hear you scream. we agree. its not even for containing smell, because the case doesn't go from floor to ceiling. this in no way is romantic, especially if you girlfriend/wife or other happens to be in the bath, pool, shower, basin, or the hotel restaurant. the phone in the toilet is priceless, ordering room service whilst pooing out your last order is unspeakably convenient.
- we got a kind and thoughtful phone call offering us a lift to the airport (at an inflated price of course), but after agreeing, they retracted the offer and decided they didn't have enough cars. it was like being invited to a jumping castle party when you were young but getting to the party and not passing the minimum height requirement.

Stay away from the Paresa like you would a hungry shark. We only saw the Andara, and to be fair we didn’t see the rooms, but it seems much better. I would like to point out despite the mass toilet humour content we have stayed at lots of good hotels and have done lots of travelling - you can trust me, I confessed to ordering room service mid-poo.

Room Tip: choose a room in another hotel.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
22  Thank foodie_travels_12
Paresa, General Manager at Paresa Resort Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2012

My apologies that unlike numerous other reviews we have received here, Paresa has not lived up to your expectations. Our modern interpretation of southern Thailand design and architecture is different from other typical Thai resort designs seen across the country, which makes us unique and of course the odd person like you may not like it.

I was around every day from before Christmas to after New Years and as you mentioned I served you one night in the restaurant so surprised you did not mention any issues to me then or had trouble finding me. With us being full I assisted the restaurant team at breakfast and dinner most days, unless of course you contacted me on your day of departure and I was off that day, however our Director of Operations is able to assist in my absence.

Please be assured we look into all issues and reviews raised by our guests to ensure we continue to offer our guests an enjoyable experience and I would like to answer and clarify the points and questions you made.

Our menu was developed by two Italian chefs, our tiramisu uses mascarpone and our ricotta pancakes are made with ricotta inside. Unfortunately as we were full, sometimes items on the menu can run out, but not mostly everything as you advised. I am sorry the Diet Coke delivery was effected during this period for a couple of days due to factory limitations out of Bangkok from the flooding and still effects some items.

Restaurants around town including us do not take bookings when full or very busy and do only take walk ins which is what you would have experienced with Andara over this peak period, so I can assure you my staff would not lie to you.

I wish to also point out
- As can be clearly seen from photos on our website, our main swimming pool has a lot more than the 4 sun lounges that you state.
- Both Paresa and Andara beach clubs are next to each other and access to the beach is via the path along the local stream that is maintained by both resorts and not a sewer.
- Our resort is safe and secure, we have cameras across all public areas as well as reputable security company in place and never had any issues including during your stay.
- The majority of international hotels around the world have telephones in the toilet and in a number of countries is a requirement, to use for your convenience and for emergencies.
- On request additional curtains are available for the toilet cubicle
- Hotels and airlines across the world have cancellation policies especially during peak times and on promotional offers

Reviewed 31 December 2011

Just spent 8 days over Christmas with my family.
This is our second time this year we stayed at Paresa.
The only bad part is that there comes a day when you have to say good bye to this wonderful resort, its view, its food, its spa and most of all - its wonderful staff.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank washing2nian
Paresa, General Manager at Paresa Resort Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2012

Thank you for returning to Paresa with your family over Christmas and I look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Paresa for Christmas this year, if not sooner.

We had many returning guests over the festive season and glad to have you and your family as one of them.

Reviewed 24 December 2011

We got married at Paresa in Phuket in November 2011, and it was one of the most spectacular experiences of our lives. The staff, the rooms, the food, the event planning and the events were all incredible. Over the course of our stay, virtually nothing went wrong (or, at least, we didn't notice).

No matter whether you're coming here for vacation or for an event, the primary reason to choose Paresa is the staff. From the general manager to the front desk staff to your "angel," everyone knows you by name and is genuine committed to helping you enjoy your stay. There were times when I was totally blown away. For example, I said I needed to find some Advil for a headache, and my angel, Por, asked me to wait a moment; she had some literally a minute later. When we asked for help with our suits (for the wedding), they came, took them away, pressed them perfectly, and had them back before we knew what had happened. They went so, so far beyond the call of duty!

Of course, the rooms are amazing. The views of the Andaman sea are breathtaking. The facility doesn't have a ton of rooms, but also isn't uncomfortably tiny. So there's an amazing sense of privacy without feeling like you're outnumbered by staff. It's a just-right size.

If you are considering Paresa for a romantic getaway, it's an easy and unqualified endorsement. If you're considering Paresa for a wedding, it's quite simply the best place I could recommend to anyone I cared about. It's impossible to top what they accomplished for us, down to the perfect cake, made from our favorite recipe from a bakery in San Francisco.

Stay at Paresa (or get married at Paresa!) and you will have one of the best, most memorable experiences of your life. Guaranteed.

Room Tip: The Cliff Pool Villas make you feel like you're at your very own private "edge of the world," and the Cielo Residences make you feel like you're on top of it. Stunning.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank chuckymatt

Congratulations again to both of you on your wedding and it was our pleasure to be able to organize this event for you.

Like some of the photos you have posted and great to read that you felt Paresa and the team were awesome.

We look forward to welcoming you back for your anniversary if not sooner!