This is the second time I stayed at Uluwatu Cottages. Last time was a bit more than a year ago when I was traveling with a friend -we shared a twin bedroom, which are located at the back. I loved the pool and the views last time, and thought it would be a great place to stay again. So I decided to book again, this time for me and 13 friends, as we were traveling to Bali to attend a friend's wedding.
I was pleasantly surprised by how Uluwatu Cottages has expanded the pool and built some new villas. The official photos from Uluwatu Cottages are not up-to-date (the pool has expanded), and in real it looks so much nicer than the pictures can show you. Some of us stayed in the newer suites, some of us in double rooms and we had one twin room. The twin rooms are at the back and don't have a view, but it is just a few steps away from the restaurant and the pool - so it is not that bad. The other rooms are on either side of the pool, some with direct view over the ocean.
Uluwatu Cottages is also nicely located between Uluwatu beach (10 min walk) and Padang Padang Beach (4 min drive). Uluwatu beach has some nice bars where you can hang out, and is a great place to go surfing (for more experienced I think?). During low tide you can walk between the rocks, the caves.
What I love about this place:
- New suites - the bathroom is very nicely done. No bathtub but an eco-shower, with little peddles around, a rain shower, plants behind. Very pretty! the suites are big and have a high ceiling. I really liked it!
- Beautiful outdoor area, with a stunning view over the ocean, flowers and trees, very neat mosaic-paths, statues.
- A very nice infinity pool with sunbeds and some shaded beds to relax.
- Clean rooms
- Friendly staff
It was definitely value for money (keep in mind that this is not a 4 star hotel, so don't expect a full on 4 star service when you book a 2 star place), I would recommend it to friends, and I would love to go here again for a nice peaceful retreat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Uluwatu Cottages overlooks the sea and landscaped gardens atop a cliff in Uluwatu, just 5 minutes’ drive from Padang Padang Beach. Guests can lounge at the outdoor infinity pool, or request for a relaxing Balinese massage. Free Wi-Fi is available throughout the property. All rooms come with a private terrace with views of the gardens, pool or sea. Fitted with air conditioning, rooms also have a satellite TV and a private bathroom with a shower.Uluwatu Cottages is a 10-minute drive from Uluwatu Temple and a 20-minute drive from Garuda Wisnu Kencana Statue. It is a 30-minute drive from Ngurah Rai International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your Uluwatu Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Uluwatu Cottages Bali/Pecatu