1,999 results
All reviewsfree shuttlemagic glasschinese restaurantthe executive loungean early flightbreakfast buffetthe busnext morningevery half hourhigh speedshuttle serviceshort staystuffed pandaarrived latetaipei taoyuan international airportchina airlinescheck in was quick
Reviewed 9 November 2012

I stayed here at the end of my visit to Taiwan in 2011. The room was beautiful and the staff was so courteous & attentive. The free brunch was amazing with various sections of the buffet for Japanese, Taiwanese, Western type breakfasts. A very comprehensive offering of food ethnicities. I had been visiting my son & we had stayed in all sorts of qualities of establishments, so it was nice to end with a top quality stay. We did order steak through room service and I had to laugh when I saw it. It is not a culture that knows what to do with beef (and I am from the Western US, so I have certain standards.) That said, we ate it & I didn't mind. I loved being there and experiencing everything, even the poor beef. I also loved seeing the shower walls that you can press a button & make the glass opaque or clear. I had only seen this is architectural magazines, never in real life. (And I guess that rates my worldliness. :) Of course, the airport shuttles are very handy.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Pairaud, General Manager at Hotel Novotel Taipei Taoyuan International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2012

Thank you very much for your great comment !

It is noce to knwo that you have fully enjoyed your stay with us and appreciated the professionalism and warm service of our team !

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon !

Best Novotel regards,

Christophe Pairaud

Reviewed 6 November 2012

We stayed for one night in this hotel since our flight arrived at the wee hours of the morning. Really easy to get to by taxi, around 5 mins I think? Standard rate for taxi applied. I think they have a free shuttle to and from the airport but we weren't able to catch it as we arrived past 1am in the morning. Connectivity is awesome. They have several computers set up downstairs where you can surf the net and they also have free wifi in the rooms. The rooms are typical Novotel but very spacious. We availed of the breakfast buffet and it was pretty good. Not a lot of choices as someone had mentioned, but who really wants to eat that much during breakfast. Overall the hotel itself is really nice, but the location leaves a lot to be desired, especially if you will be using this as your base for touring Taipei. It's extremely far from the city and it takes more than an hour by taxi to the city. I'd recommend this hotel as a layover hotel or as the first or last stop on your trip so that you'll be close to the airport.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 November 2012

This would be your standard hotel with a standard breakfast. My colleagues were disappointed with the variety of the food for breakfast but then they tend to prefers loads of food for breakfast.

Checking in was for the first time (I have stayed here before) a breeze and she was friendly and even joked with us.

Checking out however was not as efficient as we had hoped for. We needed to take the 6am shuttle to the airport and we were at the counter at 5.45am checking out. For some unknown reason the computer was not working and it was already 6am when I told the guy that this was too slow. To my shock he replied angrily (he appeared to be a senior person) and if not for his manager I am sure he would have continue to rant. Mmmmm... I did appreciate his superior who was quick to interject with a smile and made it all okay

Room Tip: Get a room on the 9th floor facing the airport if you prefer a view of the airport but you would have to bear the noise.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 October 2012

Good hotel and the best in Taoyuan, but it is the only real international hotel near the airport. Good service but the rooms are a touch on the old side, and the carpets have seen better days! Chinese restaurant is very good as well as breakfast, but there aren't anywhere to go in the evening. Not even small shop to sell the essentials, and the last thing is less than efficient shuttle bus between the airport and the hotel. It is literally a 3 minutes ride but it is the only way, shuttle bus is every 30mins! Not efficient in my view!

Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 October 2012 via mobile

A clean and cosy hotel near Taoyuan airport. They provide free shuttle to & from Taoyuan airport. However the free shuttle to high speed train station, metro mall, night market is pretty limited, remember to reserve your seat early!! The room is not really very soundproofed as I can hear people talking when they walk past my room.

• Stayed: October 2012