Canvas Corner(North District)
i-Deal Hotel(North District)
US$41
US$24
Savings alert! 44% below average rates

The price you found is 44% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$43/night.

Amour Hotel Taichung(North District)
US$28
US$26
Priceline
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$29/night.

Lai Lai Hotel(North District)
US$68
US$65
C U Taichung(North District)
US$65
Priceline
  • Free Internet
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$41/night.

Carol House Hostel(North District)(Great Value!)
US$36
US$27
Orbitz.com
Berlin Hostel(North District)
US$37
US$29
Bagel Inn Taichung(North District)(Great Value!)
US$26
US$21
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 16 April 2015

I was booked into this hotel because it was my partners idea. HORRIBLE!!! Very old style. Like 1972 style. Not suitable for any kind of business. Not all that cheap. Not central. Lobby awful. It was so terrible I checked out early just so I can escape to another hotel in town. Thanks to TA I moved into the Number One hotel listed here and I was VERY happy I did.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank James K
Reviewed 10 January 2015

Our family stayed there one night, in two rooms, booked by the touring agency. The lobby was elegant but the rooms were very outdated. Poor lighting in the bathroom. Towels were cheap. No electrical outlet in the bathroom. Space was adequate. Doors used an old-fashioned key instead of a programmable card. One bright spot was the buffet breakfast. Very large dining room with large selection of above average quality food.

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank wens2015
Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

Waaaaaaay too outdated hotel. Grubby, grimy, antiquated. Smells in places. Carpets are disgusting. Food is bizarre. Can't handle large conferences for meal (had to eat on the "banquet hall" stage. Needs to be stripped down and totally refurbished. Won't be back.

Stayed: April 2014
5  Thank global_teach
Reviewed 31 December 2013

The Plaza International Hotel Taichung is just another hotel. The lobby of this hotel is quite impressive, though the rooms are not. The rooms are simple and clean, the bathroom very dated.

Free internet is available in the room though very slow. The buffet breakfast was held in one of the Ballrooms - acceptable though for some reason very disappointing.

As for location, there is shopping in walking distance, though that is all you will find in this locale.

Would we return: I don't think so.

Would we recommend: If we return to this area we would try another hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 March 2013

I had a night in this hotel, but was actually supposed to stay at other places due to peak period and the other hotels were fully booked. This hotel is located not near to any big shopping malls. The lobby looks a little old but when I check-in to my room, it was old and the toilets were dirty. The walls seemed yellowish and there is a water-cooler that was not in use. The electric socket seems loose and may fall off anytime as it was not stable. Shower curtains for the bathtub are old and it was dirty and made me change my decision of having a dip in the tub. The bed sheets feels dusty and did not have me a comfortable night as I felt uncomfortable moving around. The breakfast was okay, but it was really simple and old. I will not visit the place again!! Once is more than enough. It's not worth paying such amount for poor quality.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family