Mirador Hotel Kaosiung
US$80
US$68
US$55
US$33
Orange Hotel - Liouhe(Xinxing)(Great Value!)
US$49
US$68
US$39
US$36
Agoda.com
The Cloud Hotel(Xinxing)(Great Value!)
US$36
US$31
US$65
US$45
All reviewsnight marketlifttaximrtthumbs
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 November 2011

I travelled to Kaohsiung at the end of Oct and most of the hotels i contacted (such as高雄漢來大飯店- GRAND HI-LAI HOTEL, Hotel Sunshine阳光大饭店etc ) were fully booked. I finally booked Mirador Hotel 2 days before my arrival date at Kaohsiung based on Tripadvisor review. When the taxi brought me to the hotel, my family was quite disappointed by the first look of the hotel building and refused to walk in. Fortunately things changed after i walked in to the hotel. I'd said this hotel is quite different if compare to other 5 or 4 star hotel that having grand lobby and handsome bellboy open the door for you..BUT i'd say it is quite 'exclusive'..everything is quite nice once u walk in to the hotel, from the friendly counter staff, 'cute' waiting area with free flow coffee/tea counter (self-service)(don't think u can find free flow nice coffee & tea in any 5 star hotel waiting area ya) , special lift design to the comfortable hotel room...we finally decided to extend the nights at the hotel till we left Taiwan. Don't expect buffer breakfast but they offer great vegetarian breakfast (which i like the most). I had senior citizen travelled along and they liked the little bench inside the lift that they could sat down with shopping bags while waiting for the lift door to be opened.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank FairyMantra
Reviewed 18 October 2011

The location of the hotel is very convenient, it is about 5-10mins walk from the central park mrt station (中央公園站). The hotel is just located at the main road, so it is rather prominent and easy to spot. The very popular Xin Jue Jiang shopping area (新崛江商圈) is just 5mins walk away from the hotel. Every part of the hotel just looks so pretty, i love the elevator especially. I took the lift despite staying only at the 2nd floor. I stayed in the room for 4 people, the room is spacious. There's 2 queen size beds, a sofa, a flat screen tv stuck on the wall, and a dressing table. I like every bit of the room, except the position of one of the beds. It is positioned right outside the toilet, in front of the mirror, so it feels kind of creepy at night when you're lying on that bed. We spent 3nights at the hotel, only had their breakfast for our 1st morning there. We didn't have a choice of what to eat, but you can choose your drinks though. The hotel staffs are extremely friendly and efficient, we arrived at around 12am that night and the check-in procedures were settled very promptly. There are no keys to the rooms, every room has a code. Overall i enjoyed my stay at the hotel. If i were to visit Kaohsiung again, i'd definitely stay at Mirador again! *thumbs up*

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank rayyeee
Reviewed 13 October 2011

We love this hotel very much. Everything's convenient for us. All the staff are very friendly n polite. We books three rooms in five floor n the hotel restaurant jus opposite our room. Easier n the breakfast is nice. The room is big n clean. We very enjoy stay in Mirador Hotel. Strongly recommend! Hope can come back again ^^

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank Yahnie
Reviewed 7 October 2011

I picked the Mirador for the rates and reviews here. The Taxi from the airport was 275 NT dollars or 9$. fastest check-in ever. Quick show of my passport and recieved code to my room (no keys) and four breafast coupons even tho I stayed alone for 2 nights. Also loved the bench in the elevator and used it once. My room was small but really comfortable. The bed was amazing and I never used any breakfast coupons opting to stay in bed and watch movies till 11 both mornings. Once again great bed 8 ). The bathroom had a small tub and fit my 90 plus kilo frame in it leaving only my knees uncovered from water. Nice back on the tub as well, cozy for reading. Small ice box 2 drawers and a closet with a few hangers.
Never been to Kaohsiung before and found this location easy to navigate. Short 10 minute walk to the MRT in one direction. The cost to the airport from the MRT was only 30 NT dollars or less then a buck 1$. I took it early not knowing how long it would take and the trip time was only 14 minutes to the airport. Lets you off with easy dirrection to International and Domestic airlines. Bassicaly left or right.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 August 2011

Mirador is a small boutique hotel that has it all. Convenient location, great staffs and wonderful service. The rooms are in European style and are reasonably sized. The bathroom wasn't as stunning but was functional enough. What we liked the most was the bench in the elevator, both were small touches that makes us smile.

Considering what it has to offer, Mirador is an absolute value for money!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family